Proof Of Matt Ryan's Arm Strength

74ice

People needs to check this site it individual play, and it's not just stats, a lot people will very surprised, and answer why a lot of people these boards are not professional coaches

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-bad-pass-percentage/2015/

Lol a lot of people on these boards didn't even play football so they can't even begin to comprehend what they are seeing and why things happen. You'll learn that the more you're here.

I've said this for a while, but people mistake arm strength with just how far you can throw the ball. Other QBs can put more velocity in throws as well which permits them to play without everything being absolutely perfect.

Dan Marino used to say this exact thing. He said people used to mistake arm strength for how far you can throw it, but in the NFL velocity was more important than distance.

Meh,,,,,,whole lotta yappin going on here.

Good ol days was Bartkowski throwing end zone to end zone on two steps.

Even better was Farve hucking bullets into the nose bleed seats, which

kinda sorta made Barts throws look like a floater.

...Bart overthrowing his WR's back in the day. Wow, he did have a cannon, JJ would've had to run his @ss off to catch up with those!

Now days, everything about Matt Ryan is suspect ~ his footwork, his reads, his passing accuracy, his arm strength, his brain, his courage, his leadership ability. Looking at him lately, it's hard to understand how he could still be considered a "franchise QB." I think that description is soon going to have to be revised downward in lieu of his current level of play.

Now days, everything about Matt Ryan is suspect ~ his footwork, his reads, his passing accuracy, his arm strength, his brain, his courage, his leadership ability. Looking at him lately, it's hard to understand how he could still be considered a "franchise QB." I think that description is soon going to have to be revised downward in lieu of his current level of play.

Or that a guy like Matt Ryan doesn't just up and "suck" and that there's likely more to it that we don't know about.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Lol at these justifications. Gotta dig deep!

Here's one: Matt Ryan can run faster than Joe Flacco at the present moment

Well that's not fair.

Joe Flacco only has one good leg right now

Guest facelessman07

Well that's not fair.

Joe Flacco only has one good leg right now

But Matt Ryan can still run faster than him right now

FACT: Matt Ryan will throw more TD passes AND throw a foosball farther than Flacco will for the rest of the 2015 season

Im trying to think of another player I can crap on to make ours look better...

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

But Matt Ryan can still run faster than him right now

FACT: Matt Ryan will throw more TD passes AND throw a foosball farther than Flacco will for the rest of the 2015 season

Im trying to think of another player I can crap on to make ours look better...

Oh there are plenty. Peyton Manning is playing bad and he's injured, but he's a HOF SB winning QB. So if you bash him, then Ryan's stock goes up.

Guest facelessman07

Oh there are plenty. Peyton Manning is playing bad and he's injured, but he's a HOF SB winning QB. So if you bash him, then Ryan's stock goes up.

I forgot we could compare those two. I feel stupid now because the forehead rash gene they share just makes it all the more obvious

and harder to justify the wasted 100 mill.

Dan Marino used to say this exact thing. He said people used to mistake arm strength for how far you can throw it, but in the NFL velocity was more important than distance.

If we're talking velocity, Matt's throws takes dayyyys to arrive to the receiver... My buddy and I were just talking about that the other week while we watched other qb's zing the ball around with ease.

I was thinking about starting a thread about this. First off, no excuses Ryan's sucked. I still think something is physically wrong with his throwing mechanics. He didn't just lose that arm strength over night. The more I think about it, the more I think it's pretty likely.

I mentioned mechanics early on. One thing that will help is not putting the ball 30 yards in the air while attempting to throw deep

#noodlearm. Couldn't even launch it to the end zone against Indy. That was a standard NFL QB throw...

I'm a Ryan fan, btw. It's just the truth. He's a helluva good game manager that has great 4th qtr skills.

BUT YOU CAN COUNT ON RYAN MAKING AT LEAST TWO HEAD SCRATCHING THROWS IN EVERY SINGLE GAME. THEY WILL EITHER COST US THE GAME OR WE FIND SOME WAY TO SURVIVE THEM.

He's been doing that since his Boston College days. I remember watching his ACC games and thinking wow very smart QB and then there's that random INT and you go... WTF Were you thinking? He hasn't really changed.