Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Why Is The "cam Dance" Not Considered Taunting?

161 posts in this topic

Sure hope we can find a way to shut the panthers down man. But they have a tough team right now. I will say this too. Cam and that O take shots down the field bigtime. They're constantly pushing the D with big gainers. I sure wish we'd start doing this.

Plus, that D they have is ferocious. Dam sure we had a D like that. You can take so many more chances on O when you have a D that will get that ball back in your hands on a turnover or whatever...

NYCFalc and notthatcool like this

Thank you! Freeman celebrates every single first down. Even when it's not a first down! Yet, not a single poster here complains.

And it's annoying. I don't mind the arm swing forward, but after that, it's unnecessary. Luckily, we don't have the cameras focusing on Freeman like they do Cam.

Julio is the gold standard of how a football player should handle making plays.

Take it to the sidelines.

Take this with a grain of salt but it's hard to hate Cam. Just something about him. 1 sec I think he's a pos and the next I think he's not all bad.

I also feel the same for Brees. It's probably a respect thing.

i feel very similar. i think it's a maturation thing. immature fans are all emotional and find reasons to hate players, just see this thread. mature fans just enjoy the game for what it is.... entertainment and don't use the hate in their hearts to say ignorant things about people they have never met. amen to you too, i dont hate Brees or any player for that matter, just not worth it... again, its entertainment.

He did slip up on this latest one though. When approached by that Titan defender, he stared him down and did it again directly at him. So trust me he's not as innocent as folks may think. Just observing that one play is all... Not going to go back to all his celebrations lol...

I think the slip up is on the Titan that walked up to him. That's more of an issue than cam dancing. If you don't want cam to dance stop him from scoring. And since no one has figured out how to stop him from scoring he's on pace to dance his way to the division title and 1st round bye in the playoffs.
HASHBROWN3 likes this

Why did the defender walk to Cam? That's where he went wrong.

He took offense to Cam I guess. Cam pizzed him off. Wow, now that's unusual isn't it?? LOL, this is exactly how Cam rubs some folks including me. It really ain't that big of a deal man. It's not like it's on my top 10 cares of the world list LOL. This thread is getting a lot of mileage.

My Father died long before Cam came along but he would roll in his grave if he saw the way young people act today. I hate to say it at the young age of 53 but I guess I'm just old fashioned. When I played football and for many of the 47 years I've been watching the game doing what Cam does would result in someone knocking the sh*t out of you. That's all I can go by. It's disrespectful of your opponent and it's unsportsmanlike. The fact that someone doesn't take matters into their own hands is just part of the pussification of the NFL.

actually, Cam might be the most old school player in the league. you get hung up on the smallest of things because you can't honestly bring the level of his game down to satisfy you enough, but you have to say something hateful.

notthatcool and vel like this

I think the slip up is on the Titan that walked up to him. That's more of an issue than cam dancing. If you don't want cam to dance stop him from scoring. And since no one has figured out how to stop him from scoring he's on pace to dance his way to the division title and 1st round bye in the playoffs.

We agree. No doubt he did it in response to the guy approaching him. No doubt whatsoever. I don't personally care about it but Cam taunted him when he came towards him. But he also knew he was safe behind some other dudes.

It's great when he's undefeated. But he's had one winning season before that in his career, and he's done it since day one.

You defend him because he's your friend, and that's admirable, but he looks dumb.

You can have fun, and not do a dance every time you get a first down.

It's great now, but when Carolina starts to go back to their natural position on the food chain, it will wear quickly again.

So, basically, he wont celebrate when the team is losing. Great insight.

Btw, he also won the division back-to-back. It's looking like a 3rd. He also has the same # of playoff wins as Matt Ryan.

Again I'm old fashioned and I have to remind myself that some of you are not old enough to have seen the game the way it used to be played. Back before they put dresses on the Quarterback and Wide Receivers. I mentioned Scott Case a few post back. He was a nasty hitter who would separate a receiver from the ball with hits that would be illegal today. Why should I expect a lot of you to understand why I consider stuff like the Cam dance should be punished by the opposing team or even the refs at least. I think some of you should look up the definition of what sportsmanship means. I thought and still do think it's a legit question about the rules. I was bored so I asked it. I'm out.....

It's great when he's undefeated. But he's had one winning season before that in his career, and he's done it since day one.

You defend him because he's your friend, and that's admirable, but he looks dumb.

You can have fun, and not do a dance every time you get a first down.

It's great now, but when Carolina starts to go back to their natural position on the food chain, it will wear quickly again.

This wasn't the Atlanta paper, this was the Charlotte paper,

If Matt Ryan was doing the Dirty Bird after every play, I'd say the same thing.

cam-newton-cartoon-e1348774467841.jpg

I defend his character as his friend. I'd defend every player that gets backlash for celebrating. Like FatBoi pointed out, nobody complained when Deion did it. Not a single person.

Do you complain when Schofield dirty birds after every play he makes? Freeman pointing "first down" after every first down run? I hope you wish the other team takes their knees out like you wish they do Cam's.

Even bottled up Bill Belichick encourages player celebrations. His thought's are "you've worked this hard all week, you better celebrate". It's simply player expression. Cam and OBJ are just the biggest ones right now.

TheFatboi likes this

what I am quickly gathering is that, people are trying to trash his game, say he cant do this or that, find reasons why he shouldnt be an MVP candidate. So last week it was his completion percentage, he goes out and completes his first 11 or 12 passes, throwing ropes so now the conversation shifts to nothing to do with skill level at all. Idiots.

And the fact that he's doing it with no name receivers makes it even more incredible. I remember fans saying the panthers were done when Benjamin went down. Cam is a qb that's a playmaker. Matt Ryan is just a quarterback. I think that's what guys don't like.

They want to dismiss cam as a good player but the fact is he's been a winner at every level of football. He works hard and he has that fire in the pit of his stomach. He's had it even more ever since he lost his scholarship at fla and had to go to a juco if he wanted another shot at a big program.

He sucked it up and earned a scholarship from auburn and took them to a national championship. When you have that kind of mentality it's hard to stop guys like that. That's what guys are missing about cam. His desire and determination to win. He's a fierce competitor. I wish I saw that fire in Matt instead of a few times a year when we are playing bad.

I think everyone on this board can agree that Cam Newton is a force to recon with and he presents a legit threat when we play them.

I can respect the man for that. We don't have to love all the celebration antics or we can overlook them depending upon where we each stand on the subject.

But wow, these guys have one heck of season going and one heck of a defense to try to overcome. DQ has his work cut out for him.

TheFatboi and Old Pappy falcon like this

Why did the defender walk to Cam? That's where he went wrong.

they were trying to match the Panthers physicality all game but were often starting fights after the whistle. they were getting beaten in all facets and this was a result of that beating. Cam IMO did look like an *** doing it, but that's not anything for me to hate him for

Again I'm old fashioned and I have to remind myself that some of you are not old enough to have seen the game the way it used to be played. Back before they put dresses on the Quarterback and Wide Receivers. I mentioned Scott Case a few post back. He was a nasty hitter who would separate a receiver from the ball with hits that would be illegal today. Why should I expect a lot of you to understand why I consider stuff like the Cam dance should be punished by the opposing team or even the refs at least. I think some of you should look up the definition of what sportsmanship means. I thought and still do think it's a legit question about the rules. I was bored so I asked it. I'm out.....

I think Cam and Gronk are probably two players that fit the "old school" persona. Both have "signature" TD moves.

TheFatboi likes this

i feel very similar. i think it's a maturation thing. immature fans are all emotional and find reasons to hate players, just see this thread. mature fans just enjoy the game for what it is.... entertainment and don't use the hate in their hearts to say ignorant things about people they have never met. amen to you too, i dont hate Brees or any player for that matter, just not worth it... again, its entertainment.

Nobody really HATES anyone. It's sports talk. It's just hyperbole.

I don't seriously want anyone to take Cam out.

Old Pappy falcon likes this

And when people start off with "Scam"... then I get Cam could do nothing to change that fans mind. They will always hate him.

That's my point exactly. It's not the celebrations that bothers them. It's the ill advised view on Cam as a person. That's why it makes no sense and they wish harm to him.

TheFatboi likes this

I defend his character as his friend. I'd defend every player that gets backlash for celebrating. Like FatBoi pointed out, nobody complained when Deion did it. Not a single person.

Do you complain when Schofield dirty birds after every play he makes? Freeman pointing "first down" after every first down run? I hope you wish the other team takes their knees out like you wish they do Cam's.

Even bottled up Bill Belichick encourages player celebrations. His thought's are "you've worked this hard all week, you better celebrate". It's simply player expression. Cam and OBJ are just the biggest ones right now.

Yep. I've heard Belichik tell his players they earned the right to celebrate after their hard work.

vel likes this

Sure hope we can find a way to shut the panthers down man. But they have a tough team right now. I will say this too. Cam and that O take shots down the field bigtime. They're constantly pushing the D with big gainers. I sure wish we'd start doing this.

Plus, that D they have is ferocious. Dam sure we had a D like that. You can take so many more chances on O when you have a D that will get that ball back in your hands on a turnover or whatever...

they struggled against heavy blitzes up the middle for a few series, but they did make an adjustment. we need to have multiple ways to attack them because their line, while good, isn't great and can be out-manned. and their receivers aren't great jam beaters either.

I think Cam and Gronk are probably two players that fit the "old school" persona. Both have "signature" TD moves.

They asked Rivera, since he's the definition of what old school player is, why does he like cam so much? His answer was, "Because Cam is old school". Cam has that old school toughness. And me myself I love that in a player. ANY player. I don't care who they play for. I'm a falcons fan Tru indeed but I still love those tough hard nosed players. Cam is a football player not just a qb. There's a difference.

real sportsmanship like, i hear ya. nice job hypocrite

And when people start off with "Scam"... then I get Cam could do nothing to change that fans mind. They will always hate him.

its lazy and boring, but i bet they think they are clever as **** when saying it

We agree. No doubt he did it in response to the guy approaching him. No doubt whatsoever. I don't personally care about it but Cam taunted him when he came towards him. But he also knew he was safe behind some other dudes.

That's brotherhood. I'd hope guys protected Matt the same way if somebody walked on Matt. Cam is no different than Brett Favre when he goes at Warren Sapp and Strahan. Or Brady and Rodgers. Also ppl aren't taking into account that one of the Titans players did the drake dance after sacking cam and guess who the guy was that walked up on cam?? The guy that did the drake dance. Cam didn't walk up on him after he sacked him and did the dance. Cam is a frustrating player because he's hard to contain but if the Titans stopped him dude could've done the drake dance after every sack. Cams fire came after that drake dance so I guess the moral to the story is don't wake cam up by taunting him first. That's his game. That's the competitor he is. Just like when Abe sacked Rodgers in the playoffs and did his discount double check. Lol. Aaron scored and did a HARD discount double check. That's the same place cam comes from. Don't taunt a highly competitive player cause he's gonna make you pay. That's what I want from Matt but he's just not that type of guy. Tom Brady is.
HASHBROWN3, NYCFalc, vel and 2 others like this