Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Why Is The "cam Dance" Not Considered Taunting?

161 posts in this topic

He would have to do it in a player's face or at the opposing team's sideline.

That said, I would love to see someone take him out at the knees when he does it.

Can't stand that crap. I hate when our players do it.

Thomas DeCoud was the king of the dumb celebration.

He actually did that yesterday in the end zone and wasn't flagged for it. I can see doing a celebration and I'm ok with that, but when he noticed some of the Titans players looking at him, he started doing it again, and then did it a third time when one approached him. To me, THAT was taunting and should have been called. But there were a lot of no calls in that game yesterday, so one more doesn't surprise me

vel likes this

I mean, your team has a winning record and you're pouting about another QBs touchdown celebrations. So....huh.png

Not pouting, just asking a legit question about what the taunting rule is and how it's applied which still hasn't been answered. Easier for people to take shots at me I guess but I've got a thick skin, I can take it. I see any players, not just Cam's, pre choreographed touchdown celebration as being against the rules as they are written now and I don't understand why they don't draw flags. That's all.

Cam probably wishes someone would take you out at the knees whenever you make a stupid post about wanting to see a player injured.

Maybe you should talk to Brandon Browner about that.

Ha! Saints fan lecturing me about intentional injury,

Are you lobbying for the Saints to have their championship removed since it was team policy to intentionally injure players?

I mean they did pay players for "cart offs".

"Kill the head and the body will die."

That said you take someone out at the knees and not injure them. Cut blocks happen every game.

He actually did that yesterday in the end zone and wasn't flagged for it. I can see doing a celebration and I'm ok with that, but when he noticed some of the Titans players looking at him, he started doing it again, and then did it a third time when one approached him. To me, THAT was taunting and should have been called. But there were a lot of no calls in that game yesterday, so one more doesn't surprise me

The player walked up to him, they werent looking at it him. The video is right there, fam. You dont have to make anything up.

Remember Hester's Punt return high stepping touch down last year... he got "taunting" for that... so I don't understand the double standard

It's because he looked at players while doing it. Cam dances to himself or the crowd.
vel likes this

You've got to know Cam to love Cam. I know Cam. I could see how Cam could be annoying. But he's playing a game. It's harmless fun. Yet, he has his character questioned damnear weekly because he's having fun. I just wish my job was to laugh, have fun, and play a game every Sunday.

I wonder if any poster hates Deion as much as they hate Cam. Deion was A LOT worse. A LOT. On and off the field.

I was responding to another one of your posts when you typed this up. It's weird for me. You see I don't feel the same way about Deion's deal for some reason. I just don't get rubbed wrong by his persona the way I do about Cams. Some of it is due to the fact that he plays for a rival I'm sure too, but even when Deion played for SF, I was never affected the same way by his personality or his antics... Something in my gut just doesn't buy the Cam stuff. Although that link the other posted put up helped me see more of the Cam you may know.

He does it for his fans. Panthers fans. It's not for you. We've seen Chad and TO celebrate touchdowns that were taken back. It's hypocritical.

You rarely see Cam doing anything if they're down 20. The only complaints I see about Cam is "he celebrates all the time". Well stop him. Period. I have no issue with it. You didn't want TO or Chad celebrating, stop them. It's meant to get under the skin of the opposition. It clearly works, all the way to the fans. All for the love of a game.

Funny how nobody ever complains about OBJ and he's just as bad....

No, I've seen him do it a lot in losing situations. It's what made me notice it.

By the way, there is no such thing as Panther Fans. Those are just lost North Carolinian's looking for a basketball game.

Troyces likes this

The Titan player came at him. He did his celebration and was done. The Titan tried to pick a fight and he did a quick move. It's no different than TO running to the star in Dallas. Then he does it again and emmitt hit him.

If you know him, then you need to be a good friends and tell him to tone it down. At least save it for the TDs.

People here are whining about Matt Ryan's leadership, and this idiot is busy dancing.

Not at all. I'm not going to tell a man how to play the game the way he loves. How is he an idiot for dancing and enjoying a game? Explain that to me. He puts a smile on every single Panthers fans face. That's his primary job. He's undefeated, having fun, and entertaining his fans. What's the problem? How does any of that make him an idiot?

Vel, do some players bug you? Or do you have this overall view of all of the players in the nfl? Just wondering. It may be a personality thing that bugs me about Cam. He just seems over the top good at sticking or injecting himself in everyone's face. LOL, maybe he's just really good at it. But for whatever reason, it rubs me wrong. I don't think those that react similarly to myself are limited as a small minority of folks to be honest. I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way.

So for that to be true, there is def something that Cam is doing that just might be screaming out for attention. Just saying.

Not a single player bugs me.

Cam is just really good at getting under people's skin if you let him. Very good. But it's not malicious. He always has a smile. That's what trips me out. He's always having fun. You may not like it because you aren't a fan of the Panthers or have a preconceived view of Cam you can't shake, but Cam isn't doing anything harmful, malicious, rude, or disrespectful. He's not running to the 50 and standing on the star. He didn't moon the fans of Lambeau. He's just dancing and enjoying the game.

HASHBROWN3 and TheFatboi like this

Actually thought I was in RC when I posted this....mods can move it.....As for it being pointless, I think it's a legit question. I've seen far less be penalized as taunting. I keep waiting to see some opposing player jack him up. Maybe one of our guys will.

If it's in Atl some of our fans will probably cheer because the dance is an Atlanta dance. It started by Atlanta rappers. Bottom line if you don't want cam to celebrate stop him. Dont let him score. Simple. To me it's no different than when Freeman gets a 1st down he points 1st down. I wish we had a guy that hypes the crowd like Jamal Anderson did with the dirty bird when he scored. I hate stiffness on a football team. It shows during the game.
vel likes this

No, I've seen him do it a lot in losing situations. It's what made me notice it.

By the way, there is no such thing as Panther Fans. Those are just lost North Carolinian's looking for a basketball game.

Just like Falcons fans are nothing but UGA fans that didn't make the drive?

If it's in Atl some of our fans will probably cheer because the dance is an Atlanta dance. It started by Atlanta rappers. Bottom line if you don't want cam to celebrate stop him. Dont let him score. Simple. To me it's no different than when Freeman gets a 1st down he points 1st down. I wish we had a guy that hypes the crowd like Jamal Anderson did with the dirty bird when he scored. I hate stiffness on a football team. It shows during the game.

Thank you! Freeman celebrates every single first down. Even when it's not a first down! Yet, not a single poster here complains.

Not at all. I'm not going to tell a man how to play the game the way he loves. How is he an idiot for dancing and enjoying a game? Explain that to me. He puts a smile on every single Panthers fans face. That's his primary job. He's undefeated, having fun, and entertaining his fans. What's the problem? How does any of that make him an idiot?

Cam is just really good at getting under people's skin if you let him. Very good. But it's not malicious. He always has a smile. That's what trips me out. He's always having fun. You may not like it because you aren't a fan of the Panthers or have a preconceived view of Cam you can't shake, but Cam isn't doing anything harmful, malicious, rude, or disrespectful. He's not running to the 50 and standing on the star. He didn't moon the fans of Lambeau. He's just dancing and enjoying the game.

Not only that he gives a football to a little kid in ANY stadium he sees a panthers fan.
vel likes this

Not pouting, just asking a legit question about what the taunting rule is and how it's applied which still hasn't been answered. Easier for people to take shots at me I guess but I've got a thick skin, I can take it. I see any players, not just Cam's, pre choreographed touchdown celebration as being against the rules as they are written now and I don't understand why they don't draw flags. That's all.

It wasnt choreographed. I think most black males around Cam's age in most clubs are milly walking, dabbing, and doing hit dem folks.

Gilbert Airfroe likes this

It's because he looked at players while doing it. Cam dances to himself or the crowd.

He did slip up on this latest one though. When approached by that Titan defender, he stared him down and did it again directly at him. So trust me he's not as innocent as folks may think. Just observing that one play is all... Not going to go back to all his celebrations lol...

You havent. The dance just because a thing 2 months ago.

He did slip up on this latest one though. When approached by that Titan defender, he stared him down and did it again directly at him. So trust me he's not as innocent as folks may think. Just observing that one play is all... Not going to go back to all his celebrations lol...

Why did the defender walk to Cam? That's where he went wrong.

He would have to do it in a player's face or at the opposing team's sideline.

That said, I would love to see someone take him out at the knees when he does it.

Can't stand that crap. I hate when our players do it.

Thomas DeCoud was the king of the dumb celebration.

So you'd love to see someone take Freeman's knees out when he does his celebrations on the opponent's sideline?

You don't hate Cam's celebrations. You hate Cam. You mask it through a dislike for his "antics". I wish I would have seen this post long before bothering arguing with you.

Pathetic that a player's celebrations would cause you to wish harm on him.

NYCFalc and TheFatboi like this

It's great when he's undefeated. But he's had one winning season before that in his career, and he's done it since day one.

You defend him because he's your friend, and that's admirable, but he looks dumb.

You can have fun, and not do a dance every time you get a first down.

It's great now, but when Carolina starts to go back to their natural position on the food chain, it will wear quickly again.

This wasn't the Atlanta paper, this was the Charlotte paper,

If Matt Ryan was doing the Dirty Bird after every play, I'd say the same thing.

cam-newton-cartoon-e1348774467841.jpg

Thank you! Freeman celebrates every single first down. Even when it's not a first down! Yet, not a single poster here complains.

Yep. I really hope for these guys here complaining that he does t score when they come here because if he starts "dabbing" every time he scores our fans will cheer his dabs and if we don't score they'll boo us. The worst thing is him coming home to Atl and so Atl dances. That's what the guys on this board don't get. Every dance he ever does is an Atl dance.
vel likes this

Just like Falcons fans are nothing but UGA fans that didn't make the drive?

There's truth to that,

Our fans suck. I have no issue saying that. I'm not a fan because of other fans.

It's great when he's undefeated. But he's had one winning season before that in his career, and he's done it since day one.

You defend him because he's your friend, and that's admirable, but he looks dumb.

You can have fun, and not do a dance every time you get a first down.

It's great now, but when Carolina starts to go back to their natural position on the food chain, it will wear quickly again.

This wasn't the Atlanta paper, this was the Charlotte paper,

If Matt Ryan was doing the Dirty Bird after every play, I'd say the same thing.

cam-newton-cartoon-e1348774467841.jpg

He doesn't dance when he gets a first down. He points first down like freeman. He only dances when he scores like Deion, Billy White shoes Johnson, and Jamal Anderson. 3 beloved falcons that got the crowd hyped when they danced after a score.
vel and Gilbert Airfroe like this

That's all they want. Win games and shut up. Be obedient. Once you stop doing what I want or make me uncomfortable, you are being disrespectful.

Cam is, arguably, the best QB Auburn has ever had. Yet, his on field celebrations in the NFL is a disgrace. Idiots.

what I am quickly gathering is that, people are trying to trash his game, say he cant do this or that, find reasons why he shouldnt be an MVP candidate. So last week it was his completion percentage, he goes out and completes his first 11 or 12 passes, throwing ropes so now the conversation shifts to nothing to do with skill level at all. Idiots.

vel and notthatcool like this