Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Why Is The "cam Dance" Not Considered Taunting?

161 posts in this topic

Lol don't let him score. That's always been my thing. I love it. TD celebrations are good for the game. Unfortunately, Cam is viewed less highly by the media than other QBs for some reason.

Because he makes a fool of himself.

It's not when he's scoring. He's celebrating a first down that gets called back by penalty. It makes him look like dumbass.

I used to care less, but the more I see the flapping around, and attention seeking, the more it annoys me. It's just as annoying as the excessive reviews and overofficiating.

Just get to the next play.

Not the point. He did it when they were losing all the time too which made him look even stupider. I was bored yesterday because of the bye and took a peek at that game. It looks like taunting to me and I wonder what the rule book definition is that would draw a flag. The guy is such a D bag and a disgrace to my late Father's alma mater.

Lol if you only knew Cam and not the tainted version the media keeps trying to portray.

What does Cam do that makes you think that? He's never in trouble. He is always smiling and enjoying the game of football. Every single touchdown that offense scores, he gives the ball to a child. Who does that?! Lol

Oh please. And what about Aaron Rodgers championship belt celebration? Does that bother you?

Actually that's another good example and the same question could be asked. What constitutes taunting, no matter who the player may be? it's a judgement call obviously and it's not called consistently. Both Rodgers and Cam are doing a pre choreographed routine that is much more than just "being caught up in the excitement" of the game. I'd love to hear Mike Perriera's (spelling?) interpretation of the rule.

Take this with a grain of salt but it's hard to hate Cam. Just something about him. 1 sec I think he's a pos and the next I think he's not all bad.

I also feel the same for Brees. It's probably a respect thing.

Because he makes a fool of himself.

It's not when he's scoring. He's celebrating a first down that gets called back by penalty. It makes him look like dumbass.

I used to care less, but the more I see the flapping around, and attention seeking, the more it annoys me. It's just as annoying as the excessive reviews and overofficiating.

Just get to the next play.

It's a game! People try and make it much more than that. It's a kid's game. Something that most of us WISH we could play. Play. Play. As in "playing around and having fun". Didn't know playing and having fun should be erased because you're paying for tickets or other crap.

Cam is just having fun. Cam isn't good at many things, but smiling and having a good time is one of those things. Yall take this crap too serious. The sport is meant for entertainment purposes. Cam is entertaining, whether you like him or not. That's a fact. He draws attention, the very basis of entertainment.

I bet your life is pretty dull when you do something at your job that you celebrate but "is just apart of the job". Why do we fans celebrate first downs? Why do we fans celebrate big plays that are called back by a holding call? What's the point for anybody to celebrate the game?

The argument anybody has against celebrating is just stupid. If you think it's a case of showboating, don't give him a reason to showboat. That's the point of the game. I want to be better than the man across from me and I will let him know it.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

He made mistakes at age 18 and is now 26. A lot can change in 8 years. I suppose you never made any stupid mistakes in your teenage years, is that correct? You can dwell on the choices he made at 18... but I will look at how he was humbled, torn down and reached a low point and his life, and then turned it all around and now uses the pinnacle he is on to inspire kids everywhere and use his wealth and fame to support kids through his foundation and actions both on and off the field. His God given athletic ability allows him to be an NFL athlete, but not all great athletes would be able to rebound after leaving Florida, play junior college ball and refocus themselves, and ultimately end up where he is now. That goes far beyond athletic ability alone. Just watch the interview in the link I provided in the previous post. I'm willing to bet you will just see what you want to see and believe though.

OK bro. First, I made mistakes in my teenage years and still make them. I even stated in my previous post that we are ALL works in progress. So don't ask me "is that correct"?

My opinion of him is not based upon his past years when he was 18. It is based on the image he potrays of himself in the nfl. I don't hate Cam Newton. That may be tough for you since you seem to thrive off of what you perceive as being hate. Wrongo... I can dislike or despise his behavior without hating the person. That may surprise you or go against your ill conceived perceptions of why I respect other QB's (black and white) more than I do Cam. Heck his father wanted to be gifted large sums in money in turn for his commitment to Miss State which tells me a little about who his Father is... Not the best role model. We can't choose who our Fathers are so I understand.

I listened to your link of one interview. Yeah, I see sincerity in most of what he says there. That's cool man. But I do not buy his comments about not being me me me. I just don't.

Maybe I dislike the way he goes about all his celebrations etc. I also saw how he handled rough times in the nfl when he was given a chance to be a professional leader for his team and he chose to pout and made things about himself.

There is just too much I have seen of this guy so far to feel any different about his actions. Not to say he won't continue to grow. We all need to grow. This past game when the titans LBer wanted to get a piece of him is exactly what irks me about this guy. No video of his off field causes (which every nfl QB has) is going to sway me right now.

Maybe the video just reinforced your man crush on the guy. For me, not so much. But it did allow me to get a glimpse of his heart and his emotional side which help to soften my disdain for his sideshow antics to a degree. So thanks for sharing my man. We'll have to agree to disagree about Cam for now. I def don't see the guy you do with him. But he's young and he still has time to prove me wrong I guess.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six likes this

Not the point. He did it when they were losing all the time too which made him look even stupider. I was bored yesterday because of the bye and took a peek at that game. It looks like taunting to me and I wonder what the rule book definition is that would draw a flag. The guy is such a D bag and a disgrace to my late Father's alma mater.

that's a you problem, and I seriously doubt Auburn considers him a disgrace. I bet your father enjoyed watching him bring his alma mater a championship.

Lol if you only knew Cam and not the tainted version the media keeps trying to portray.

What does Cam do that makes you think that? He's never in trouble. He is always smiling and enjoying the game of football. Every single touchdown that offense scores, he gives the ball to a child. Who does that?! Lol

I know what I've seen. Let them go on a losing streak of any length and the real Cam, sulking and brooding will come back out. My feelings about the players aside, there hasn't been anyone yet to give a satisfactory answer as to what constitutes taunting. I thought there was a rule against pre choreographed celebrations. I do know that back in the old days someone like Scott Case would have knocked him on his azz for doing that and I do miss those times.

that's a you problem, and I seriously doubt Auburn considers him a disgrace. I bet your father enjoyed watching him bring his alma mater a championship.

That's all they want. Win games and shut up. Be obedient. Once you stop doing what I want or make me uncomfortable, you are being disrespectful.

Cam is, arguably, the best QB Auburn has ever had. Yet, his on field celebrations in the NFL is a disgrace. Idiots.

It's a game! People try and make it much more than that. It's a kid's game. Something that most of us WISH we could play. Play. Play. As in "playing around and having fun". Didn't know playing and having fun should be erased because you're paying for tickets or other crap.

Cam is just having fun. Cam isn't good at many things, but smiling and having a good time is one of those things. Yall take this crap too serious. The sport is meant for entertainment purposes. Cam is entertaining, whether you like him or not. That's a fact. He draws attention, the very basis of entertainment.

I bet your life is pretty dull when you do something at your job that you celebrate but "is just apart of the job". Why do we fans celebrate first downs? Why do we fans celebrate big plays that are called back by a holding call? What's the point for anybody to celebrate the game?

The argument anybody has against celebrating is just stupid. If you think it's a case of showboating, don't give him a reason to showboat. That's the point of the game. I want to be better than the man across from me and I will let him know it.

Pretty good post Vel. A lot to be taken into consideration here. I wish I could look at it this way. The guy just bugs the heck out of me and so I am just being honest about how I feel about his antics. LOL, I really wish I saw the dude in a different light.

Cam is an a$$. He dances every 1st down he gets. Titans have a thread on their board about this and he only plays them once every 4 years.

paulitik likes this

I know what I've seen. Let them go on a losing streak of any length and the real Cam, sulking and brooding will come back out. My feelings about the players aside, there hasn't been anyone yet to give a satisfactory answer as to what constitutes taunting. I thought there was a rule against pre choreographed celebrations. I do know that back in the old days someone like Scott Case would have knocked him on his azz for doing that and I do miss those times.

Here's the thing. Yall see this "sulking and brooding" as.....what? Matt smiled and shlt while we won 10 games in two seasons.

Different players handle losing in different ways. Cam can't handle losing. Never could. He hates it. It's not fun to lose. All Cam wants to do is have fun. I find it crazy that people hate Cam for having fun playing a game. It's amazing. Simply amazing.

I know what I've seen. Let them go on a losing streak of any length and the real Cam, sulking and brooding will come back out.

I mean, your team has a winning record and you're pouting about another QBs touchdown celebrations. So....huh.png

vel likes this

I don't have an issue with celebrating, when it's actually about something.

There's a difference between celebrating a clutch touchdown, or a huge victory, and doing a Michael Jackson dance every time you get a first down, while you are so involved in your little performance, you fail to notice the refs taking the play back 10 yards for a holding call.

Sorry dude, I don't want to see a sack dance or some choreographed gimmick after an INT when my team is down by 20, and I don't want to see a QB grandstanding everytime he gets positive yardage.

I have no issue with the occasional celebration. I used to love TO's and Chad Johnson's stunts. But at least those were for TDs. Now it's every freaking play.

cnst likes this

Pretty good post Vel. A lot to be taken into consideration here. I wish I could look at it this way. The guy just bugs the heck out of me and so I am just being honest about how I feel about his antics. LOL, I really wish I saw the dude in a different light.

You've got to know Cam to love Cam. I know Cam. I could see how Cam could be annoying. But he's playing a game. It's harmless fun. Yet, he has his character questioned damnear weekly because he's having fun. I just wish my job was to laugh, have fun, and play a game every Sunday.

I wonder if any poster hates Deion as much as they hate Cam. Deion was A LOT worse. A LOT. On and off the field.

HASHBROWN3 and notthatcool like this

Sorry dude, I don't want to see a sack dance or some choreographed gimmick after an INT when my team is down by 20, and I don't want to see a QB grandstanding everytime he gets positive yardage.

Asking for a friend, how often are the Panthers down 20?

My Father died long before Cam came along but he would roll in his grave if he saw the way young people act today. I hate to say it at the young age of 53 but I guess I'm just old fashioned. When I played football and for many of the 47 years I've been watching the game doing what Cam does would result in someone knocking the sh*t out of you. That's all I can go by. It's disrespectful of your opponent and it's unsportsmanlike. The fact that someone doesn't take matters into their own hands is just part of the pussification of the NFL.

cnst likes this

You've got to know Cam to love Cam. I know Cam. I could see how Cam could be annoying. But he's playing a game. It's harmless fun. Yet, he has his character questioned damnear weekly because he's having fun. I just wish my job was to laugh, have fun, and play a game every Sunday.

I wonder if any poster hates Deion as much as they hate Cam. Deion was A LOT worse. A LOT. On and off the field.

If you know him, then you need to be a good friends and tell him to tone it down. At least save it for the TDs.

People here are whining about Matt Ryan's leadership, and this idiot is busy dancing.

Here's the thing. Yall see this "sulking and brooding" as.....what? Matt smiled and shlt while we won 10 games in two seasons.

Different players handle losing in different ways. Cam can't handle losing. Never could. He hates it. It's not fun to lose. All Cam wants to do is have fun. I find it crazy that people hate Cam for having fun playing a game. It's amazing. Simply amazing.

Vel, do some players bug you? Or do you have this overall view of all of the players in the nfl? Just wondering. It may be a personality thing that bugs me about Cam. He just seems over the top good at sticking or injecting himself in everyone's face. LOL, maybe he's just really good at it. But for whatever reason, it rubs me wrong. I don't think those that react similarly to myself are limited as a small minority of folks to be honest. I think there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way.

So for that to be true, there is def something that Cam is doing that just might be screaming out for attention. Just saying.

I don't have an issue with celebrating, when it's actually about something.

There's a difference between celebrating a clutch touchdown, or a huge victory, and doing a Michael Jackson dance every time you get a first down, while you are so involved in your little performance, you fail to notice the refs taking the play back 10 yards for a holding call.

I have no issue with the occasional celebration. I used to love TO's and Chad Johnson's stunts. But at least those were for TDs. Now it's every freaking play.

He does it for his fans. Panthers fans. It's not for you. We've seen Chad and TO celebrate touchdowns that were taken back. It's hypocritical.

You rarely see Cam doing anything if they're down 20. The only complaints I see about Cam is "he celebrates all the time". Well stop him. Period. I have no issue with it. You didn't want TO or Chad celebrating, stop them. It's meant to get under the skin of the opposition. It clearly works, all the way to the fans. All for the love of a game.

Funny how nobody ever complains about OBJ and he's just as bad....