Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Why Is The "cam Dance" Not Considered Taunting?

161 posts in this topic

The NFL and its officiating are consistently inconsistent. That is nothing new. Heck, I don't even know what is and isn't a catch anymore. Seems every time I watch a game the call on the field directly contradicts a call made in another game earlier in the day.

Dude the guy was begging for a taunting flag...begging. You know it.

Because there is a great deal of difference in players high fiving and doing what the d bag scam does. He did that dance for about 20 seconds yesterday. If you can't see that then seek help with your eyes.

Cam owns real estate in your brain. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

You may want to look into why he celebrates and why he is the way he is on and off the playing field. From Cam's mouth himself, he celebrates and acts the way he does because he just loves playing football and believes in having fun while doing so. He celebrates because kids everywhere love it. He has said that he wants to inspire kids and show that despite the issues from his early college days, a kid from Atlanta can perform and get to the highest level in sports despite the adversity he has had to face. He has mentioned wanting to give hope to guys right now grinding in junior college just as he did that they also can overcome obstacles despite the odds.

And you're still on the towel trip? He still wears it. Pre-game, mid-game, post-game. Practice. Win or lose.

And lets not ignore all he does for kids in both Charlotte and Atlanta through his charity. There are countless examples of him going above and beyond to make some kid's day. So when you say it is all me, me, me...it is really not.

All that is nice and good but it still doesn't address whether or not his dance is crossing the line for a penalty. Most guys, even his own teammates, just high five, jump and hug a few seconds. Sorry, if a player doing the Deion Sanders thing and high stepping into the end zone is taunting then that dance should be too.

You may want to look into about why he celebrates and why he is the way he is. From Cam's mouth himself, he celebrates and acts the way he does because he just loves playing football and believes in having fun while doing so. He celebrates because kids everywhere love it. He has said that he wants to inspire kids and show that despite the issues from his early college days, a kid from Atlanta can perform and get to the highest level in sports despite the adversity he has had to face. He has mentioned wanting to give hope to guys right now grinding in junior college just as he did that they also can overcome obstacles despite the odds.

And you're still on the towel trip? He still wears it. Pre-game, mid-game, post-game. Practice. Win or lose.

Man I don't buy into any of what you said. To me, he's the opposite of what I would want my kids to emulate. Acting like a punk ain't cool man. You need to regroup bro and have another look at his background and the choices he's made.

The simple fact that he's an nfl player is enough to show that hard work pays off. But, if you're honest with yourself, it's cam's incredible physical gifts that got him there. He's in the upper 1% which most kids would never be able to aspire to no matter how hard they try.

The real way he can be an example is exactly where he's always failed. How he carries himself. He's a me me hack bro. He's an in your face look at me player. LOL if you think this dude is a high character guy. Pffft.

Oh, and it was the pouting under the towel that I observed. The dude can play man. He brings it every Sunday and is quite competitive. I give him props. And I am not suggesting the dude can't turn the character part around. We're all just works in progress. But until he shows me another side of his personality, then I'm not buying the whole "he's a role model for the kids" junk.

cnst and hotlanta like this

Cam owns real estate in your brain. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Whatever dude. You don't know me. I just saw the play yesterday and now I'm asking a legit question about the taunting rule.

Man I don't buy into any of what you said. To me, he's the opposite of what I would want my kids to emulate. Acting like a punk ain't cool man. You need to regroup bro and have another look at his background and the choices he's made.

The simple fact that he's an nfl player is enough to show that hard work pays off. But, if you're honest with yourself, it's cam's incredible physical gifts that got him there. He's in the upper 1% which most kids would never be able to aspire to no matter how hard they try.

The real way he can be an example is exactly where he's always failed. How he carries himself. He's a me me hack bro. He's an in your face look at me player. LOL if you think this dude is a high character guy. Pffft.

He made mistakes at age 18 and is now 26. A lot can change in 8 years. I suppose you never made any stupid mistakes in your teenage years, is that correct? You can dwell on the choices he made at 18... but I will look at how he was humbled, torn down and reached a low point and his life, and then turned it all around and now uses the pinnacle he is on to inspire kids everywhere and use his wealth and fame to support kids through his foundation and actions both on and off the field. His God given athletic ability allows him to be an NFL athlete, but not all great athletes would be able to rebound after leaving Florida, play junior college ball and refocus themselves, and ultimately end up where he is now. That goes far beyond athletic ability alone. Just watch the interview in the link I provided in the previous post. I'm willing to bet you will just see what you want to see and believe though.

Because there is a great deal of difference in players high fiving and doing what the d bag scam does. He did that dance for about 20 seconds yesterday. If you can't see that then seek help with your eyes.

Oh please. And what about Aaron Rodgers championship belt celebration? Does that bother you?

Bunchy Carter likes this

Oh please. And what about Aaron Rodgers championship belt celebration? Does that bother you?

Or how about Carson Palmer yelling at Seattle fans behind the bench and thrusting his junk at them after the Ellington score last night?

He did do it in a player's face after the fact, but I don't see the point of penalizing any TD celebrations unless there's a legitimate delay of game. One of the celebration penalties in a college game this weekend was for foul language that only the ref himself heard, so these penalties are pointless.

Put a helmet into his chin during a play...he wont smile so much...

or as the Falcons often do, we dance around him and dont put a helmet on him, he walks through us and makes us look stupid. He is extremely immature, but he will continue to be so as long as he makes defenses look silly.

You may want to look into why he celebrates and why he is the way he is on and off the playing field. From Cam's mouth himself, he celebrates and acts the way he does because he just loves playing football and believes in having fun while doing so. He celebrates because kids everywhere love it. He has said that he wants to inspire kids and show that despite the issues from his early college days, a kid from Atlanta can perform and get to the highest level in sports despite the adversity he has had to face. He has mentioned wanting to give hope to guys right now grinding in junior college just as he did that they also can overcome obstacles despite the odds.

And lets not ignore all he does for kids in both Charlotte and Atlanta through his charity. There are countless examples of him going above and beyond to make some kid's day. So when you say it is all me, me, me...it is really not.

Probably the best mid-week interview of his career. Long, but gives some insight about who he really is and why he plays this game:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-We-Dont-Have-A-Killer-Instinct-Yet/2261ef86-61c6-4714-8917-7e99f9484120

-talks at length about relationship with one disabled veteran in particular

-talks at length about the passing of a child he surprised at his birthday weeks ago

-why he celebrates as he does and his persona on the field

-and his appreciation for being able to wake up every day post car-accident that could have been a lot worse

People love to hate this guy but when you follow him closely, he is very difficult to hate and I am saying that without my Panther colored glasses on.

Well said

We got some whinny fans.

Get ready cause he will be dancing when he plays us. Just like he did last Dec to win the division when our team decided to not show up.

vel likes this

Been a couple of threads nitpicking at everything Cam does recently. Face it guys, the Panthers have just bested this franchises longest win streak to start the season, and they did it with a far tougher strength of schedule than us.

Lol don't let him score. That's always been my thing. I love it. TD celebrations are good for the game. Unfortunately, Cam is viewed less highly by the media than other QBs for some reason.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Of course not. The man has Cam issues and needs help.

He must have been ecstatic when Matt Ryan told him and the rest of the squad to get the f*** off our field. But of course it's not taunting when our players do it.

Bunchy Carter likes this

He must have been ecstatic when Matt Ryan told him and the rest of the squad to get the f*** off our field. But of course it's not taunting when our players do it.

To be fair tho, game was over, not like a flag could've been thrown.

I get your point tho.

I also found it funny on twitter a few weeks ago that most of the beat/blog reporters were down playing Cam for MVP.

Using a stat pic comparing Cam to Kap. You cannot define what Cam has done for that team using stats.

I pull against them every week, but that D and Cam's play making ability they are in the NFC elite. And Cam's play is very deserving of MVP talk.

NYCFalc likes this

The guy is such a D bag and a disgrace to my late Father's alma mater.

Auburn is also my alma mater. And leaving JH stadium Saturday afternoon the thoughts of disgrace I had were not of the NC banner (led by Cam) flying, but that of the product I had just watched on the field.

Cam has returned to AU each summer and has earned his degree. He has had some bumps in the road (like me as well), I don't know him personally but it seems he has matured into a well rounded young man. Nothing about that disgraces AU.

Scam is single handedly taking over for first place in the ranks of teams and/or players I dislike the most in this league. He's just the most arrogant self fulfilled player I have literally EVER seen. Period. Man if he didn't act like a ***** every time he did something right (like he's getting paid to do) I would like the guy. Instead, he's tooting his own horn at the highest rate of tooting I've ever seen.

I decided to watch their game since we had the week off, when it happened I was like jeez guy, thats a whack dance and you still doing it in peoples face. But I noticed that the Titans were trying to match the Panthers physical play but often did it after the whistle rather than during the play. I think by the time the TD was scored, there was an accumulation of animosity that provoked him to do it more.

Otherwise, the dude loves playing the game and I wish more pros seemed to have as much fun as he does, it's admirable.