Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falc_Fan_Since_Six

Why Is The "cam Dance" Not Considered Taunting?

161 posts in this topic

I'm tired of seeing this a** hat do this when he scores and I wonder why it doesn't draw a penalty for taunting or unsportsmanlike conduct and it is classless and unsportsmanlike.

He would have to do it in a player's face or at the opposing team's sideline.

That said, I would love to see someone take him out at the knees when he does it.

Can't stand that crap. I hate when our players do it.

Thomas DeCoud was the king of the dumb celebration.

FalconJim and papachaz like this

That said, I would love to see someone take him out at the knees when he does it.

Man shut the **** up...how you sound right now ? It's a ******* game you old stiff

Cam probably wishes someone would take you out at the knees whenever you make a stupid post about wanting to see a player injured.

Actually thought I was in RC when I posted this....mods can move it.....As for it being pointless, I think it's a legit question. I've seen far less be penalized as taunting. I keep waiting to see some opposing player jack him up. Maybe one of our guys will.

Actually thought I was in RC when I posted this....mods can move it.....As for it being pointless, I think it's a legit question. I've seen far less be penalized as taunting. I keep waiting to see some opposing player jack him up. Maybe one of our guys will.

Remember Hester's Punt return high stepping touch down last year... he got "taunting" for that... so I don't understand the double standard

Ok, I'll say it's Top 10 worst lol.

But I don't care about his dancing, if a team can stop him they wouldn't have to see it.

9-0

Not the point. He did it when they were losing all the time too which made him look even stupider. I was bored yesterday because of the bye and took a peek at that game. It looks like taunting to me and I wonder what the rule book definition is that would draw a flag. The guy is such a D bag and a disgrace to my late Father's alma mater.

The celebration wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as it did if the two Titans' players didn't roll up on him and confront him as he was finishing up his cerebration. Ultimate irony tho...the two guys that approached Cam were the two guys dancing after big plays for their defense all day. Don't dish it out if you can't handle it when things don't go your way.

I still don't quite understand why Cam's celebrations get under people's skin. Hundreds of players celebrate without comment, but when Cam does it's an issue. You guys quite possibly have issues. Seek help.

Because there is a great deal of difference in players high fiving and doing what the d bag scam does. He did that dance for about 20 seconds yesterday. If you can't see that then seek help with your eyes.

FalconJim likes this

Because there is a great deal of difference in players high fiving and doing what the d bag scam does. He did that dance for about 20 seconds yesterday. If you can't see that then seek help with your eyes.

8 seconds actually. Would have been about 3-4 seconds and his normal celebration if the two Titan players just ran back to their sideline.

The celebration wouldn't have lasted nearly as long as it did if the two Titans' players didn't roll up on him and confront him as he was finishing up his cerebration. Ultimate irony tho...the two guys that approached Cam were the two guys dancing after big plays for their defense all day. Don't dish it out if you can't handle it when things don't go your way.

Again, not the point. Maybe the other guys crossed the line too, I don't know. I would love to know the rule on what crosses the line is because I think he's crossing it. As someone already said, Hester got one for high stepping into the end zone on a punt return. What's the difference in that and what happened yesterday?

I still don't quite understand why Cam's celebrations get under people's skin. Hundreds of players celebrate without comment, but when Cam does it's an issue. You guys quite possibly have issues. Seek help.

I don't have any issues. But I still think Cam is nothing but a punk. Everything about the guy gets on my nerves. Plus, he's a panty.

Just look at the history of this dude. His whole demeanor is me me me. If the chips were down in Carolina and they were struggling, Cam would be pouting with a towel over his head.

If you can identify with Cam and think his me-me show is peachy, then maybe you have issues yourself.

Clearly you and I are wired differently. It's not just his celebrations, it's his entire aura. If you believe his little schtick isn't meant to irritate, then you just may suffer with naivety issues as well.

It's pompous beotches like Cam that would give me lots of motivation if I were an opposing Dlineman. I am def not in your camp on this one 1970.

Having said all that, I do respect his athletic prowess bigtime. The dude is a baller and a playmaker and finds ways to win. But I despise his personality and his lack of character. I question his leadership skills outside of his playmaking abilities too. He has no class man.

Again, not the point. Maybe the other guys crossed the line too, I don't know. I would love to know the rule on what crosses the line is because I think he's crossing it. As someone already said, Hester got one for high stepping into the end zone on a punt return. What's the difference in that and what happened yesterday?

The NFL and its officiating are consistently inconsistent. That is nothing new. Heck, I don't even know what is and isn't a catch anymore. Seems every time I watch a game the call on the field directly contradicts a call made in another game earlier in the day.

The NFL and its officiating are consistently inconsistent. That is nothing new. Heck, I don't even know what is and isn't a catch anymore. Seems every time I watch a game call on the field directly contradicts a call made in a game earlier in the day.

On that we can agree.

i much as I dont like Cams dance.... nothing much can be done about it ..... no more than us dancing and celebrating....

It doesn't bother me.

Follow Newton's own prescription for stopping it. Keep him out of the end zone.

I agree with that too but it still doesn't change the fact that there is a double standard going on. I'd just like to know what will make the ref pull the flag out on some and not others. I guess it's a judgement call.

I don't have any issues. But I still think Cam is nothing but a punk. Everything about the guy gets on my nerves. Plus, he's a panty.

Just look at the history of this dude. His whole demeanor is me me me. If the chips were down in Carolina and they were struggling, Cam would be pouting with a towel over his head.

If you can identify with Cam and think his me-me show is peachy, then maybe you have no-class issues yourself..

Clearly you and I are wired differently. It's not just his celebrations, it's his entire aura. If you believe his little schtick isn't meant to irritate, then you just may suffer with naivety issues as well.

It's pompous beotches like Cam that would give me lots of motivation if I were an opposing Dlineman. I am def not in your camp on this one 1970.

You may want to look into why he celebrates and why he is the way he is on and off the playing field. From Cam's mouth himself, he celebrates and acts the way he does because he just loves playing football and believes in having fun while doing so. He celebrates because kids everywhere love it. He has said that he wants to inspire kids and show that despite the issues from his early college days, a kid from Atlanta can perform and get to the highest level in sports despite the adversity he has had to face. He has mentioned wanting to give hope to guys right now grinding in junior college just as he did that they also can overcome obstacles despite the odds.

And you're still on the towel trip? He still wears it. Pre-game, mid-game, post-game. Practice. Win or lose.

And lets not ignore all he does for kids in both Charlotte and Atlanta through his charity. There are countless examples of him going above and beyond to make some kid's day. So when you say it is all me, me, me...it is really not.

Probably the best mid-week interview of his career. Long, but gives some insight about who he really is and why he plays this game:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-We-Dont-Have-A-Killer-Instinct-Yet/2261ef86-61c6-4714-8917-7e99f9484120

-talks at length about relationship with one disabled veteran in particular

-talks at length about the passing of a child he surprised at his birthday weeks ago

-why he celebrates as he does and his persona on the field

-and his appreciation for being able to wake up every day post car-accident that could have been a lot worse

People love to hate this guy but when you follow him closely, he is very difficult to hate and I am saying that without my Panther colored glasses on.