Ufc Rousey Vs Holm Tonight...

With Ronda's big mouth she had it coming and deserves whatever jokes and ridicule she gets. "I can beat Floyd Mayweather, I can beat Cyborg Santos, I can beat Holly Holm". Ya right beeatch.

She will never know nor care about any ridicule she gets from the likes of you. You're only doing it for your own self gratification. That's the irony.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the fight. I expected to see some sort of dominating performance by Holm, but the truth is Ronda looked good in the first round until really late. The elbow hurt her. Then in the second, Holm caught her with a sidekick and then a nice left hook. After the hook, Ronda turned around and when she started to turn back toward Holm she caught her with the roundhouse that ended the fight.

Good fight by Holm, no doubt. But Rousey acquitted herself well. I'd expect a rematch. And for someone to coach Ronda not to circle into Holm's power hand.

I just watched the fight. I expected to see some sort of dominating performance by Holm, but the truth is Ronda looked good in the first round until really late. The elbow hurt her. Then in the second, Holm caught her with a sidekick and then a nice left hook. After the hook, Ronda turned around and when she started to turn back toward Holm she caught her with the roundhouse that ended the fight.

Good fight by Holm, no doubt. But Rousey acquitted herself well. I'd expect a rematch. And for someone to coach Ronda not to circle into Holm's power hand.

There will certainly will be a rematch. And I wouldn't be shocked if Ronda changes coaching for it. You can't chase a trained boxer in a straight line like that. I can't believe that they thought that would actually work for them.

And let me just say that Rousey wasn't acting very sportsmanlike in the lead up to the fight. After the weigh in drama, she posted this on Instagram:

"Fake a** cheap shotting fake respect fake humility b**** - "preacher's daughter" my a** - I see through your fact sweet act now - you're getting your a** kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you."

All because Holm put her hand too close to Rousey's face even though Rousey did the exact same thing to Holm.

So yeah, I'm not upset by the smack talk being thrown at Rousey.

And let me just say that Rousey wasn't acting very sportsmanlike in the lead up to the fight. After the weigh in drama, she posted this on Instagram:

"Fake a** cheap shotting fake respect fake humility b**** - "preacher's daughter" my a** - I see through your fact sweet act now - you're getting your a** kicked tomorrow, and I'm really going to enjoy the beating I give you."

All because Holm put her hand too close to Rousey's face even though Rousey did the exact same thing to Holm.

So yeah, I'm not upset by the smack talk being thrown at Rousey.

Neither am I. Ronda cultivates that persona. I have no idea if that's really her, but that's the face she presents to the world and I totally get people not liking it. I'm not crazy about it either.

I just have a problem with small people suddenly trying to call her a fraud and invalidate her accomplishments just because she lost a fight.

She's never been a disgraceful or disrespectful fighter until this fight, though. She's been an excellent champion and the entire face of the UFC for a few years, moreso than any of the men. I don't understand all the hate and vitriol towards her.

She acted like a shitgoon before this fight, but seemed to be very humbled by the end. I think she just got caught up in the whole Baddest Woman On The Planet persona. I fully expect her to beat Holm the next time they fight.

She's never been a disgraceful or disrespectful fighter until this fight, though. She's been an excellent champion and the entire face of the UFC for a few years, moreso than any of the men. I don't understand all the hate and vitriol towards her.

She acted like a shitgoon before this fight, but seemed to be very humbled by the end. I think she just got caught up in the whole Baddest Woman On The Planet persona. I fully expect her to beat Holm the next time they fight.

She's going to have to revamp her striking and defense if she's going to fight Holm again. I don't think Glendale Fighting Club is teaching her well enough in that regard.

As long as Holm can continue to get out of the clinch like she did here then Ronda doesn't have much of a chance. Holm will lose to someone who can keep her on the ground. Rousey couldn't do it. At least not this time.

Oh and Ronda wasn't just nasty for this fight. Ask Meisha Tate or Cyborg or even Floyd Mayweather if Rousey has been nasty before this fight.

Yeah, mean old Ronda hurt poor Floyd Mayweather's feelings by calling the woman-battering scumbag a woman-battering scumbag.

She's going to have to revamp her striking and defense if she's going to fight Holm again. I don't think Glendale Fighting Club is teaching her well enough in that regard.

Agreed. I don't expect her to approach their second fight the same way she did this one, either. This mostly came down to horrible coaching on the part of her camp. I can't believe that she has been working with the same striking coach for 4 years and seems to not have learned anything. I think the Correia fight had her believing that she was a better striker than she actually is.

It's the only explanation I can come up with for their baffling approach to this fight.

As long as Holm can continue to get out of the clinch like she did here then Ronda doesn't have much of a chance. Holm will lose to someone who can keep her on the ground. Rousey couldn't do it. At least not this time.

Oh and Ronda wasn't just nasty for this fight. Ask Meisha Tate or Cyborg or even Floyd Mayweather if Rousey has been nasty before this fight.

I don't care if she was "nasty." Fighter's are supposed to be nasty, they make a living by beating the **** out of other humans. I certainly don't care if she was nasty to that walking shitbag Floyd Mayweather.

I had a big time problem with the way she conducted herself as a champion in this fight. I will continue to be a fan of hers and root for her assuming that this stands out as the one time in her career where she went full shithead.

I'm a big time fan of Holly Holm now too, but I don't know how long she's going to hold on to this belt, especially if Rousey is her next opponent. People are not going to stand and bang with Holm after this, and I don't know that she has the ground game to contend with people who approach a fight with her with that in mind.

That being said, Holm is undefeated for a reason, and she just beat the baddest chick around because she was good enough to do so. Really looking forward to this becoming a big rivalry.

Yes she did.

I'm on my phone but go look up some Rousey/Meisha Tate fights and interviews.

Again, I don't care about Rousey talking ****. That's what fighters are supposed to do, and that's what I want them to do. They're supposed to say that they're the best around and nobody else has a shot. They're about to go into a ring and fist fight with another human.

Her going to social media and trying to turn a nothing gesture into an attack on Holm's personal life and upbringing and then refusing to touch gloves before the fight is out of character for her, and made her getting knocked the **** out all the sweeter.

That is not how she conducts herself on a regular basis.

Ronda was dominated. She was hurt the entire fight. She even got taken down. Holly was never in any trouble

she was eating jabs and straight rights from the beginning. Ronda paid the price for being an inexperienced striker and pressuring an accomplished striker.

She was also dishing out punches from the beginning.

I never said Rousey dominated the fight at any point. But she was not getting handled until the elbow. After that it all went downhill. Which is to say, Holm might have won if they stopped the fight and went to the cards prior to that, but it would have been a whole lot closer than anyone seems to be willing to admit.