Luck Out 2-6 Weeks

notthatcool

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just about lost it there k-train. I was at Supes' house in a room full of Falcons fans. I said "They just lost the game" and got my car keys out.

I was watching the game at home & had to go to work during the 4th quarter. I was trying to keep up with the pay by play on my phone. I seriously thought there was some kind of error with the NFL.com mobile site when I saw we kicked a FG there.

Unbelievable. We face ANOTHER backup. How many games can we continue to under-perform by making rookies and backups look like 8 year vets while our offense looks like it's run by a rookie?

If the team under-performs as much as they did the last 4 weeks when we face the Colts with a full week's rest, they will be booed out of the place. AB may have to refund some PSL deposits.

Unbelievable. We face ANOTHER backup. How many games can we continue to under-perform by making rookies and backups look like 8 year vets while our offense looks like it's run by a rookie?

If the team under-performs as much as they did the last 4 weeks when we face the Colts with a full week's rest, they will be booed out of the place. AB may have to refund some PSL deposits.

In fairness, Hasselbeck was drafted by Mike Holmgren, who helped shape Brett Favre into a HOFer. Holmgren traded for him when he went to coach the Seahawks. There Hasselbeck became a Pro Bowler, setting tons of franchise passing & playoff records, while leading the Seahawks to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. He won the 2004 NFL QB challenge, took the Seahags to the playoffs 5 years straight, and got them to a Super Bowl. He nearly got the Titans to the playoffs when we went to Tenn.

Yeah, he's old but the guy is no unaccomplished rookie or backup.

Only advantage here is being at home. If we do get in a bind, Quinn will no doubt be aggressive and keep his offense on the field.

Hasselback isn't beating you deep, so Tru will have to stick to TY on the underneaths. Contain Gore and have anyone but Worrilow defend their TEs and we win the game. IF our offense wakes up and play to the tempo the big 3 have declared.

Time to see another back up Quarterback look like a Hall of Famer against us

He's got more career passing yards than:

Steve Young

Troy Aikman

Kurt Warner

Jim Everett

Phil Simms

Terry Bradshaw

Joe Namath

YA Tittle

Sonny Jurgensen

He's thrown for over 35,000 yards w/ 206 TDs

If he looks like a Hall of Famer, it's probably because of the fact he might end up being one.

Fran Tarkenton was on the radio today. He pointed out something that I had not noticed. Not did we start this season with the easiest schedule in the NFL, but we also lucked out several times with significant injuries for our opponents.

Bottom line: This team has a winning record, but it still has a long, long way to go.

I can agree to a certain point but the Falcons points per game has fallen from 33.5 the first 5 games to half of that, 16.7 the last 4 games.

Unless the Falcons can channel the D of the 1985 Bears they aren't going to win many games scoring 16.7 points.

True, but the fact that this offense has shown to be capable of 33.5 PPG like early in the season should be reason for hope. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I don't buy that we're all of the sudden a bottom of the barrel offense, though we clearly have more issues than our early results indicated.

The good stretch and the bad stretch average out to 25.4 PPG, and I think that's much closer to what to expect than the performance over the last 4 games. We're healthy on that side of the ball, and I think many of the recent issues are correctable. If we had a lack of talent on offense or significant injuries, I'd probably agree that it's going nowhere, but that's not the case IMO.

Geesh everyone. These QB's aren't really killing our D.

Our O is handing it to the opposing teams by default. Our O is stinking up the place on a consistent basis. It's old man.

Yep.

I've said this a ton in the past few weeks, but here it goes again...

When your D has to go against not only the opponent's offense, but also against your own thanks to all the turnovers & lack of scoring, you are gonna be hard pressed to win.

Our D is up against 2 offenses every week, theirs & our own. Gotta fix that sh!t.

Absolutely. It's just like the Wildcat.

It works great at first, but once there's a little tape on it & opposing DCs can find a way to scheme against it, it's done... be it a gimmick scheme or a player.

Heck, the jury is still out on Freeman in all honesty. He may have just had a few weeks of success because everyone was so focussed on stopping Julio after his huge start this year. I hope that's not the case, but time will tell.

You cant use that for a RB. Maybe you can say that our blocking scheme and line holding up was due to lack of film. Freeman can still run, cut, break tackles, & eat yards. Even with the last 2 teams selling out to stop it, he managed to break tackles and get more than he should have. If Freeman never gains another yard this season, it would be due to the lines inability to block and not his ability to run the ball.

Only advantage here is being at home. If we do get in a bind, Quinn will no doubt be aggressive and keep his offense on the field.

Hasselback isn't beating you deep, so Tru will have to stick to TY on the underneaths. Contain Gore and have anyone but Worrilow defend their TEs and we win the game. IF our offense wakes up and play to the tempo the big 3 have declared.

Your right, Hasslebeck loves the underneath stuff... he wont go down the field much and he is not going to make a lot of mistakes. I must say, I would feel a lot better about the middle with Durant and Alford back healthy and Wheeler playing MLB on pass downs.

Edited by FentayeJones

Your right, Hasslebeck loves the underneath stuff... he wont go down the field much. I must say, I would feel a lot better about the middle with Durant and Alford back healthy and Wheeler playing MLB on pass downs.

he hasn't had a TO but I just watched his deep ball vs HOU to seal the win and that thing was an absolute dud. Must have hung in the air for 8 seconds. Ricardo will be back there to get under it if he tries that vs us.

I do think since he's a smart vet, he'll be throwing at Collins to test him on Andre since he isn't as physical and has 0 awareness.

Your right, Hasslebeck loves the underneath stuff... he wont go down the field much and he is not going to make a lot of mistakes. I must say, I would feel a lot better about the middle with Durant and Alford back healthy and Wheeler playing MLB on pass downs.

Speaking of Wheeler has any info come out about if he's going to get fined or not?

2iuw87r.jpg