Does Anyone Really Think Anything Will Change After The Bye Week?

74ice

The D is good enough so long as the O plays to their potential. With Koetter, even without a great run game, we would be a Sb caliber team.

Everyone thought we would suck this year because it was difficult to imagine us having a decent defence through this transitional year. The D is whats made us contenders, but now the O is holding is back.

People forget a playoff berth and a hot finish can get it done. I think we still have a shot if things are corrected.

Lol you guys are over rating this defense. Theyve been lucky to play some really bad QBs. Brees made this defense look like trash. **** we made Blaine Gabbert look good which is unbelievable embarrassing. We still dont have a pass rush and until we get one this defense will never be "good enough".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you guys are over rating this defense. Theyve been lucky to play some really bad QBs. Brees made this defense look like trash. **** we made Blaine Gabbert look good which is unbelievable embarrassing. We still dont have a pass rush and until we get one this defense will never be "good enough".

Well, thats just like, your opinion, man.

The only difference is they can get healthy. After 9 weeks this teams identity is set for this season at least. not all is bad, but when you were known as an offensive team and that said part of the steam is struggling, that is not good.

Being healthy is always the luck of the draw.

This team can stop beating itself...penalties/turnovers.

The lack of sacks is surprising to me, our defense has improved slightly, more so with the run defense, but seriously.....10 sacks in 9 games, against some bad offensive lines and backup QBs with Quinn as head coach, that is pathetic

And our defense is still top ten overall in year one no one expected that

This is true. though considering how our D has looked the past few years, the job he has done with the them is nothing short of amazing, but still..the quality of qbs they've faced is laughable and id be willing to bet our d has seen more dropped passes than any other in the league. brees manning and Bradford showed us who our d really is

I expect more of what I've seen from the Falcons the last 5-6 weeks. The way they're playing now is more than just an anomaly. It's who and what they are.

It is possible for them to change? Yes.

IMO is it likely? No.

This is odd. Normally you're criticizing me for being so negative.

I disagree with this post. I don't believe any huge philosophical changes will occur. But I do think it is possible, likely, even, that there will be some light bulbs winking on inside various heads. I do think that with a week to catch their breath, that some, or many, players will find clarity in their roles in the new systems.

If there is to be significant changes, it will occur inside the helmets of our players.

I think it's amusing that many of our expectations are so unrealistic. We're sitting at 6-3, yes we've had a couple of bad weeks, and yes we got a little lucky in some of our wins. But what did all of us expect going into this year with new coaches after 2 horrible seasons? I hate to break it to most of you, but we weren't going 14-2. Shocker, I know.

This was not a one year fix guys.

Edited by dguitarman2425

I think it's amusing that many of our expectations are so unrealistic. We're sitting at 6-3, yes we've had a couple of bad weeks, and yes we got a little lucky in some of our wins. But what did all of us expect going into this year with new coaches after 2 horrible seasons? I hate to break it to most of you, but we weren't going 14-2. Shocker, I know.

This was not a one year fix guys.

You can't bring logic into things here. This is TATF.

Bye week at Flowery Branch will see the team reviewing all the issues that hindered what should have been easy wins. Everyone gets pumped for the remainder of the season. Net result will be a couple more wins if we're healthy but the season ends with A. Blank slashing his wrists, more fans changing their mind and dumping the PSL's and Ryan enrolling in QB school.

No I don't. Same OL, DL, slow LBs and secondary that can't cover. It's apparent to me Quinn doesn't have the personnel to run his defense--that's why we're in so much zone. The offense is an entirely different situation. Shanahan's play calling is garbage. Especially his inability to counter what defenses are doing on the fly.

It seems that Shanny is in the process of installing more facets of the playbook. I could be wrong, but that stretch zone running play should be scrapped for now. It's been the most difficult for the OL to get blocked. However, the outside toss play looks well enough to run and running between the tackles, such as what they did in the Redskins game, is the strength of this team.

The Falsons have always been on the bottom, and they wil continue to be. I have no faith whatsoever that this regime or any other could turn us into Superbowl Champions barring some terrorist attack or natural disaster striking Atlanta, necessitating the need to parade Atlanta around in the national media to drum up support for whatever asinine legislation is coming next.

LOL! Are you trying to imply the Saints only won their Championship to help get money to recover from Katrina? And the Braves only won their Championship because the Olympics were coming town?

I've been telling people the same thing for years!

LOL! Are you trying to imply the Saints only won their Championship to help get money to recover from Katrina? And the Braves only won their Championship because the Olympics were coming town?

I've been telling people the same thing for years!

That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

You know, I'm not completely sure. I think a lot of coaches believe so much in what they do and how they want to do it, that change is hard. First 5 weeks, you have a guy with his system coming to a new team with new players, sure you can expect to have different results than in the past. It worked great! Fast forward and it appears that it's not working any longer. Things need to evolve or we will end up 6-10. It shouldn't matter if things end up 20 to 30 percent different than what you intended when you started building the playbook. Results are the bottom line. We don't need a 2nd half of the game adjustment, we need a 2nd half of the season adjustment which is more involved.

Just thinking back to Vick with Dan Reeves. Eventually, Reeves had to throw out 30 years of what he had know as his playbook verbiage to make things better for Vick and the team as a whole. Granted there was no happy ending, but an adjustment had to be made to get the right results/fit.

Edited by isproab