Does Anyone Really Think Anything Will Change After The Bye Week?

74ice

I sure hope to see a better version of the Falcons on the other side of the break but nothing DQ said today made me feel like much will change.

As much **** as I've given Zino (dude blocked me #on 92.9from the text line) he is the only guy that asked Quinn the tough questions and Quinn gave his same bs "TOUGHNESS,FINISHING" coach speak ******** answers he always gives.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falsons have always been on the bottom, and they wil continue to be. I have no faith whatsoever that this regime or any other could turn us into Superbowl Champions barring some terrorist attack or natural disaster striking Atlanta, necessitating the need to parade Atlanta around in the national media to drum up support for whatever asinine legislation is coming next.

I don't think most people expected the team to be anything more than a year or two away. That's why so many of yours and others post puzzle me. Why be so upset? It's a rookie head coach in the middle of a rebuild. I still have faith in Quinn. You can't give the guy half a season and write him off. As for things changing after the bye, I'd be more inclined to think some things will change but nothing major.

Upset? No, I've been witness to countless Falcon collapses over the decades. There is nothing remarkable or unique about his one. I think fed up is a more apt term for where I am. As for Quinn, I lost a lot of faith in Quinn with his gutless, idiotic decision to go for a FG at the 1. That's not the kind of all-out attack, aggressive football he has been preaching to his players or the media. Total wimp-out and it bit him right on the azz as it should have. I lost even more when he wasn't man enough to admit it was dumb move in his presser.

Upset? No, I've been witness to countless Falcon collapses over the decades. There is nothing remarkable or unique about his one. I think fed up is a more apt term for where I am. As for Quinn, I lost a lot of faith in Quinn with his gutless, idiotic decision to go for a FG at the 1. That's not the kind of all-out attack, aggressive football he has been preaching to his players or the media. Total wimp-out and it bit him right on the azz as it should have. I lost even more when he wasn't man enough to admit it was dumb move in his presser.

I'm curious what makes it so idiotic taking the points on the FG and setting yourself up for a FG to win if the defense gets the stop. How idiotic would it have been had we gone for it and didn't score the TD on a play similar to the NFCCG? Then you're still down 13 to 17 and a TD is a must to win. That's if they don't go 98 yards and score a TD chewing up the clock and putting the game completely out of reach. Yes, going for and getting the TD on 4th down was the exciting play and would have been memorable however taking the three points and setting yourself up for a last minute field goal was the smart play.

It was pretty clear to me the smart money was on the defense getting the stop unless you were seeing some out of this world redzone play I was missing.

I hope so but somehow I doubt it. Teams have figured out the formula to stop our offense: double or triple Julio and blitz Ryan and our O-line as often as possible. I think we will see a slight improvement in the D, but don't expect any improvement in the offense. Hopefully when Hester gets back he will spark the return game and give our O better field position-only ray of hope I can see..

They are vacationing this week, next week it will be back to the SOS of putting in another game plan of what we have been doing all along. If they was going to make any changes, we would be working on it this week. Shanny will still say we dont need to throw to Roddy because we have hank back. We are stuck with this for the season

I'm curious what makes it so idiotic taking the points on the FG and setting yourself up for a FG to win if the defense gets the stop. How idiotic would it have been had we gone for it and didn't score the TD on a play similar to the NFCCG? Then you're still down 13 to 17 and a TD is a must to win. That's if they don't go 98 yards and score a TD chewing up the clock and putting the game completely out of reach. Yes, going for and getting the TD on 4th down was the exciting play and would have been memorable however taking the three points and setting yourself up for a last minute field goal was the smart play.

It was pretty clear to me the smart money was on the defense getting the stop unless you were seeing some out of this world redzone play I was missing.

All the reasons this was an incredibly stupid decision have been outlined almost endlessly today on NFL Network, ESPN and countless radio talk shows. You have the ball at the 2, you need a TD, you try to score the TD. If you don't, you have them hemmed up at their goal. End of story, dude. Don't miss the forest trying to find the trees.

Bye weeks are overrated. The main benefit of the bye week is the extra rest that it allows players, to allow them to get healthy. We aren't going to spend 2 weeks intensively installing new schemes and systems. The players will be given most of this week off and it will be back to the usual timetable next week.

The one good think,is that it gives the coaching staff extra to look back over the last 9 weeks to critically evaluate what we have done, what worked, what hasn't and what has changed. The may result in some fine tuning, but don't expect radical changes.

I have had employees who needed to be completely retrained after a two week vacation. I hope the Falcons don't respond like that.

All the reasons this was an incredibly stupid decision have been outlined almost endlessly today on NFL Network, ESPN and countless radio talk shows. You have the ball at the 2, you need a TD, you try to score the TD. If you don't, you have them hemmed up at their goal. End of story, dude. Don't miss the forest trying to find the trees.

I could see it making more sense if #1 you thought the offense was so dominant or #2 you don't trust the defense. If you don't make the TD you still have to stop them then drive down the field and must score a TD. With the FG you have to make a stop and get another FG. Considering the lack of production in the red zone if you couldn't score from the 2 yard line how could you be confident that you could get it after what you hope is a 3 and out?

I hope that Coach Quinn finally realizes he can't stick with what he did in Seattle on defense because we don't have the pieces yet and offensively we should be dominating with the players we have on offense. Personally these coaches are going to have to change some philosphies to meet your players skill sets.

I think we are a SB caliber team being held back by a stubborn and predictable OC. We have issues in the trenches, but they can be overcome.

If Quinn if for real, we are going to come out playing better after the bye. I really want to believe Quinn is for real.

Overall, i expect more of the same and shanny to get canned at the end of season.

Guest facelessman07

I think we are a SB caliber team being held back by a stubborn and predictable OC. We have issues in the trenches, but they can be overcome.

If Quinn if for real, we are going to come out playing better after the bye. I really want to believe Quinn is for real.

Overall, i expect more of the same and shanny to get canned at the end of season.

Super Bowl caliber team? This 2015 Falcons team?

You funny guy you

Super Bowl caliber team? This 2015 Falcons team?

You funny guy you

The D is good enough so long as the O plays to their potential. With Koetter, even without a great run game, we would be a Sb caliber team.

Everyone thought we would suck this year because it was difficult to imagine us having a decent defence through this transitional year. The D is whats made us contenders, but now the O is holding is back.

People forget a playoff berth and a hot finish can get it done. I think we still have a shot if things are corrected.