Does Anyone Really Think Anything Will Change After The Bye Week?

-do you really think Ryan will be allowed to run the offense more

-no huddle

-more blitzes

-lineup changes, starting Grady, starting Long, etc

-adding completely different plays for the offense

-having Trufant cover the other teams top WR

Coaches are creatures of habit, they have their system beliefs that they hold tight and even though Quinn talks a good game, new, innovative, etc

I can only think of one coach who makes changes, roster, plays, schemes, etc and that's Belichick on a week to week basis

I don't see anything changing, maybe a little because we get hankerson, Moore, Alford and Hester back, but nothing more

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect more of what I've seen from the Falcons the last 5-6 weeks. The way they're playing now is more than just an anomaly. It's who and what they are.

It is possible for them to change? Yes.

IMO is it likely? No.

I expect more of what I've seen from the Falcons the last 5-6 weeks. The way they're playing now is more than just an anomaly. It's who and what they are.

It is possible for them to change? Yes.

IMO is it likely? No.

There may be a new wrinkle or two, but no substantive changes will be forthcoming. At this point, they are what they are.

There may be a new wrinkle or two, but no substantive changes will be forthcoming. At this point, they are what they are.

Exactly darden...as sad as that reality is to face.

2 year rebuild was what I was looking at anyway. I suspect there will be dramatic roster upheavals after this season is in the books.

Wow, I dam sure hope there are some wholesale changes in two weeks. I cannot endure more of this frustration. Please.

I don't see it HB. I think the Colts are going to boat race the Falcons in their own crib. Pagano is fighting for his job, Luck is getting healthier.

This is a bad matchup for the Falcons.

You can stick a fork in the Falcons for 2015, they're done to a crisp. As Gritz said, what you're seeing over the last month is the true identity of the team, not the team that came out breathing fire the first four or five games. Sadly, this is not a very good team. It's a team at least a year or two from being even above-average. I think 7-9 will be our final won-loss tally.

I don't necessarily think that they will, but I do hope that they will.

These problems are certainly correctable, but this is basically their last chance.

If it doesn't happen now, it probably won't happen at all this season.

Exactly.

They had a mini-bye after the Thursday night game against the Saints when the problems first cropped up. They didn't look better after that.

Even though they cleaned up the turnovers yesterday there was still yet another rolled shotgun snap by Person and a pass by Ryan that hit Navarro square between the numbers.

Bye weeks are overrated. The main benefit of the bye week is the extra rest that it allows players, to allow them to get healthy. We aren't going to spend 2 weeks intensively installing new schemes and systems. The players will be given most of this week off and it will be back to the usual timetable next week.

The one good think,is that it gives the coaching staff extra to look back over the last 9 weeks to critically evaluate what we have done, what worked, what hasn't and what has changed. The may result in some fine tuning, but don't expect radical changes.

You can stick a fork in the Falcons for 2015, they're done to a crisp. As Gritz said, what you're seeing over the last month is the true identity of the team, not the team that came out breathing fire the first four or five games. Sadly, this is not a very good team. It's a team at least a year or two from being even above-average. I think 7-9 will be our final won-loss tally.

I don't think most people expected the team to be anything more than a year or two away. That's why so many of yours and others post puzzle me. Why be so upset? It's a rookie head coach in the middle of a rebuild. I still have faith in Quinn. You can't give the guy half a season and write him off. As for things changing after the bye, I'd be more inclined to think some things will change but nothing major.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six