Falcons #7 In Latest Power Rankings!

Guest Homer the Brave

this is about right. I don't know why people think we should be so far down. even the most feared Panthers defense everybody covets allowed the Colts to take the game into overtime when they were up 23-6 with 8 minutes left in the 4th. the Bengals, Packers & Broncos all look beatable too. the key is we gotta get our heads out our butts and get over this case of the yips.

We just lost to the Bucs... I mean I get it if they are looking at potential on paper... but we should have been able to blow the bucs out of the Georgia Dome without putting much effort into it at all... I'm feeling more like outside of the top ten until we at least have a solid two week showing...

We just lost to the Bucs... I mean I get it if they are looking at potential on paper... but we should have been able to blow the bucs out of the Georgia Dome without putting much effort into it at all... I'm feeling more like outside of the top ten until we at least have a solid two week showing...

name the 10 teams that should be ahead of us

When you look at the NFC, is their really ANY power to rank? When you get right down to it, who really impresses you in the NFC? The Rams and Vikings may be as good as the Packers and Panthers. The Falcons may be as good as any of those teams. When Romo gets back, the Cowboys could be better than all of them. The NFC is flat right now.

The NFC blows right now, and the AFC only has two good teams in my opinion (Patriots and Broncos).

Guest Homer the Brave

Sooooooo.......

WHICH power ranking?

This is the Elliott Harrison Rankings, which is the rankings that have been scrolling on the NFL Network

When you look at the NFC, is their really ANY power to rank? When you get right down to it, who really impresses you in the NFC? The Rams and Vikings may be as good as the Packers and Panthers. The Falcons may be as good as any of those teams. When Romo gets back, the Cowboys could be better than all of them. The NFC is flat right now.

The NFC blows right now, and the AFC only has two good teams in my opinion (Patriots and Broncos).

I think the Bengals are very good as well.

Trending our play from start of season to now and trending theirs, giving more value to recent weeks than start of season, in some kind of, but no particular order:

Patriots

Broncos

Packers

Bengals

Panthers

Cardinals

Seahawks

Raiders

Rams

Ok, so I was typing without full engagement and can only come up with 9. And I'm not saying we can't beat those teams, just that their play is currently trending their teams to higher rankings where ours is trending down.

I personally think we have the potential to end the regular season top 4 easily... Just have to play like we know these players can...

Since power rankings are based on who you think would win over another team in a head to head (ignoring matchup issues), that number might be as low as 4 or 5 or as high as 20. I think we are easily a top 10 team minus the turnovers and penalties but at some point the foolishness becomes our identity. If it doesn't stop we go from being an easy top 10 club going through growing pains and become a top 20 team that could be better if not for their undisciplined play. I wouldn't begrudge any sports pontificater ranking us outside the top 10 based on a solid month of follies.

I agree. The NFL kind of sucks this year. I thought last year was bad with no clear "beater" teams, but this season other than maybe Patriots no other team looks great. And patriots secondary is still suspect to me.