Just Wondering Why We're So Negative Right Now.

We're 6-2 with a rookie head coach.

#1 rusher in the league.

#11th in total defense.

Matt Ryan is having a great year despite a few hiccups. (Sitting right between Rivers and Brady I believe)

Plenty of games left. Yeah we had a couple stupid losses, but the Bucs and Saints have always played us close. Its not over yet people. In fact, were far and away better than I expected us to be this year based on the hole we were in before the season started. Lets see how it plays out.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because everyone treats this like Twitter or Youtube and has to be as negative as possible to try to make a splash.

This used to be a place to come for posts regarding team news and some civil back and forth or discussion. Now it is just everyone making sure their hot takes and opinions are digitally displayed so they can pat themselves on the back. There is no back and forth anymore because most (not all) will ignore any cogent thought presented that differs from theirs and just spam every thread they can with their lame ideas.

Because everyone treats this like Twitter or Youtube and has to be as negative as possible to try to make a splash.

This used to be a place to come for posts regarding team news and some civil back and forth or discussion. Now it is just everyone making sure their hot takes and opinions are digitally displayed so they can pat themselves on the back. There is no back and forth anymore because most (not all) will ignore any cogent thought presented that differs from theirs and just spam every thread they can with their lame ideas.

And others don't post much at all because they realize there's no point

Huh ? Matt is having a great year? By what standards ?

11 tds 7ints

15th in Passer Rating

14th in tds tied with Josh McCown and Ryan Fitzpatrick

To be fair, Freeman is stealing all of Matt's TD passes. I'm ok with that, just get the ball in the endzone which we are doing (#4 in scoring).

I'm more worried about his (and the teams) turnovers but he's on pace with his int's as normal. It's the **** fumbles that are killing us.

Simple question, yet necessary and profound. What we have here is a collection of things. Fans first off, live to *****. Also fans love to *****. They just can't help it. With the preseason collection of nay sayers, I think a bunch of them are searching for validation as well. So it all boils down to human nature. Bottom line is, we're 6 and 2 with both losses coming from self inflicted wounds. Fix the turnovers and we're doing pretty well. Just need to keep moving forward. I think we'll make the playoffs, which is a win regardless of how you've been looking at it. After that, anything can happen. That's my view.

There is no way to convince the chicken little's of anything but their dim depressing viewpoints. They want to be unhappy so therefore they are. If you look, it's the same guys posting the same old negative BS week after week and it doesn't matter win or lose. Some people just can't be happy unless they have something to worry about.

Guest facelessman07

Ryan sitting between Rivers & Brady??

Lol. I'm a Ryan fan but he is nowhere near them this season

As far as the "negativity" is concerned, it's representative of a passionate fan base. If they didn't give two *****, they wouldn't come here. My expectations have been exceeded in a number of areas, because I realized this team was another year away of being a serious contender. Others were launched into orbit after 5-0, then a wave of gravity made them accelerate back towards earth at an alarming rate and crash in an abysmal flame after losing 2 of the next 3. Naturally, when you are on fire, you're not going to be spouting rainbows and lollipops. Oh, unicorns too...

Can't speak for the collective but this year's Falcons team has been a disappointment the last 4 weeks. It's a lot like my oldest son and his grades. He is super sharp, high IQ and aces most of his tests without even trying hard but for whatever reason, he has a knack for every now and then just not even bothering to study or will wait to the very last minute to do elaborate projects he had weeks to do. It would bother me less if he just lacked the ability to be great. The point is that this is a good football team that is playing piss poor and wasting opportunities. I get so tired of hearing from my co-workers and friends that the Falcons are and always will be just NFL filler and cannot be a dynasty.

simple reasons -

-we are better than our record speaks.

-losing vs effin Saints in front of the whole nation when we should have dominated them in all phases ...we had the best shot to end their hype and current surge.

-Matt Ryan playing completely out of sync. I don't want to here about the records. Him personally, being the captain of the team giving up 21 points and momentum to opponents.

Yea that's why most of us are negative. Because we care. And there's nothing more than constructive criticism that's about it.

Coming Sunday...we should see how they back up their lip talk.

simple reasons -

-we are better than our record speaks.

-losing vs effin Saints in front of the whole nation when we should have dominated them in all phases ...we had the best shot to end their hype and current surge.

-Matt Ryan playing completely out of sync. I don't want to hear about the records. Him personally, being the captain of the team giving up 21 points and momentum to opponents.

Yea that's why most of us are negative. Because we care. And there's nothing more than constructive criticism that's about it.

Coming Sunday...we should see how they back up their lip talk.

I may have exaggerated saying Ryan is having a great year but he's certainly not having a bad one either. He's 3rd in passing yards (behind Rivers and Brady) with a 92.3 passer rating.

I understand people are passionate. Im guilty of spouting negativity from time to time in the game threads but after the game I step back and look at the big picture. The mid week Ryan vs Brees, Dan Quinn vs Smitty threads are a complete overreaction for the place that were in right now. Just kind of encouraging rational thinking in between sundays lol.

Edited by TifosiMW

I may have exaggerated saying Ryan is having a great year but he's certainly not having a bad one either. He's 3rd in passing yards (behind Rivers and Brady) with a 92.3 passer rating.

I understand people are passionate. Im guilty of spouting negativity from time to time in the game threads but after the game I step back and look at the big picture. The mid week Ryan vs Brees, Dan Quinn vs Smitty threads are a complete overreaction for the place that were in right now. Just kind of encouraging rational thinking in between sundays lol.

And good example of why yards aren't a good measurement for a good season