Jacob Tamme Just Admitted Interception Was On Him

gazoo

Jacob Tamme played lights out yesterday so this is more a matter of my respect for him than anything. He just admitted on 92.9 the game that he was supposed to come back on his route and becuas he didn't the ball got intercepted.

Yesterday I told many here that Tamme may have run the wrong route and was supposed to come back and I was flamed for it. Everyone blamed Matt Ryan for the interception and didn't want to hear my opinion. Some even demanded Ryan get benched after the pick.

Matty Ice played lights out yesterday, so did Tamme. Has Tamme ever even had a 100 yard game before? I doubt it.

Tamme is a stand up guy for admitting that interception was on him.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob Tamme played lights out yesterday so this is more a matter of my respect for him than anything. He just admitted on 92.9 the game that he was supposed to come back on his route and becuas he didn't the ball got intercepted.

Yesterday I told many here that Tamme may have run the wrong route and was supposed to come back and I was flamed for it. Everyone blamed Matt Ryan for the interception and didn't want to hear my opinion. Some even demanded Ryan get benched after the pick.

Matty Ice played lights out yesterday, so did Tamme. Has Tamme ever even had a 100 yard game before? I doubt it.

It certainly looked like Ryan was expecting Tamme to do something else there. Given that it was a pretty basic Cover 2 look, its not ridiculous to assume he was expecting Tamme to curl back to cut off the MLB's path to the ball.

I don't think it matters much either way. We could have lived with that interception far more than the weird ball handling stuff.

This one looked pretty clear. I told the people I was watching with that was a communication issue. It's usually not as clear cut as the TE's fault or the QB's fault, just they read it differently (generally).

But yeah, a QB who's generally accurate, if you see a ball that just doesn't make sense, it's often a miscommunication.

Guest facelessman07

Just updating your tally, Ryan's true numbers for his career should be 192 tds and 0 Ints.

I say that because his ints are never anyone his fault. he has to be the unluckiest Irishman ever born. He never fumbles, never throws a pick. Dude is just the second coming

Good stuff

Ima write that down in my notepad

You said archer said that yesterday, it wasn't your opinion...

Once I found out we had a lot of option routes it's cleared up the problems on offense for me. I think after the bye we'll be well oiled ready for our playoff push, surprised Shanny hasn't leaned on the run game and play action while all the kinks get worked out the offense though

I don't think anyone is even talking about the one pick if it had not been for two fumbles. It all works together to shine light on the actual truth.

(1) Ryan had a good throwing game where his accuracy returned to normal. (2) Ryan needs to protect the ball better, in general, than he has this season.

The truth in one of those statements does not negate the truth in the other. Both are valid and need to be recognized.

Once I found out we had a lot of option routes it's cleared up the problems on offense for me. I think after the bye we'll be well oiled ready for our playoff push, surprised Shanny hasn't leaned on the run game and play action while all the kinks get worked out the offense though

How would the kinks get worked out if we leaned on the running game? Sometimes you gotta go trial by fire

Edited by abcranford2

How would the kinks get worked out if we leaned on the running game? Sometimes you gotta go trial by fire

Practice...hard to believe we've been having flawless practices but the bright lights come on, and guys who have executed previous offenses well, fall apart

Edited by Wjcorner

It was my opinion, Archer simply stated the same thing I saw.

Just updating your tally, Ryan's true numbers for his career should be 192 tds and 0 Ints.

I say that because his ints are never anyone his fault. he has to be the unluckiest Irishman ever born. He never fumbles, never throws a pick. Dude is just the second coming

You probably will not make "Who's Who" this year but you are a lock on page 20 of "What Was That"!

he can admit whatever he likes, does not change the fact that ryan threw the ball into 3-4 guys when he had hardy, i believe it was, open at the bottom of the formation.

Lol, the receiver messes the route up, admits he was supposed to come back for the ball which would have prevented the interception, and you STiLL blame the QB for the pick!

Smh

All your hyperbole aside at least he shows the ability to process what is happening in a game without automatically refusing any scenario that explains a Falcon players shortcomings.

All your hyperbole aside at least he shows the ability to process what is happening in a game without automatically refusing any scenario that explains a Falcon players shortcomings.

+1

I've come to notice some have such hardened agendas against or for certain players, executives and or coaches that any proof contrary to their agenda they attack. They don't care about the truth, the agenda is way more important.

*SMH*

Nah dude, it's the coaches fault

I'm assuming you didn't read his other thread?

So wait, stupid penalties on 3rd and long on D, or give us a 1st and 20 on O, having to waste TO's because of bad substitutions constantly, players missing coverages and scheme understanding and using the wrong technique, thats not all coaching fault? Turnovers and penalties are on the coaches.

I said this last off season. That is why (along with precision timing and rhythm required) the WCO usually takes at LEAST a year for an offense to successfully transition into it.

I have been saying all along, that Ryan's struggles are still much better than any other QB I can remember in his transitional year.