Take It Easy Everyone, The Only Thing Wrong With This Team Is Turnovers.

AREA 51

It's not just the turnovers.

Penalties are killing the Falcons too. That's one thing not too many Falcons fans are talking about.

Very sloppy football. Very sloppy.

in relation to the Pass Rush... What do you think it might look like if we were up 10-20 points (no turn overs) and the other team instead of playing even on points, or generally ahead this season, were playing from behind and being "rushed" to score points like we have been? I bet our pass rush would look drastically different with the other offense in a hurried mode.

People keep saying, 'Turnovers are fixable, turnovers are fixable'....and the Falcons keep fumbling; and it's getting WORSE, even, because now they can't get the f-ing ball snapped!! I don't get it. It's the most fundamental part of offense, the snap. And they look like they've never practiced it sometimes.

The Falcons stop turning it over, and things are good, nuff said.

Well that's a big **** problem, and will almost always lose a game. It's been a problem for a month now, and yet it seems to just get worse. If it was any easy fix, then I'm thinking it would have been done weeks ago.

There are some good points here, but one cannot deny that in both the Saints' and Bucs' games, the Falcons moved the ball quite easily but turned the ball over numerous times on drives that would have surely produced points.

Some of the turnovers were ugly, but I believe if the Falcons had not committed such egregious turnovers, both games would have easily been won.

The thing that really gets me is most of these turnovers come from the part of the game we take for granted, on snaps, hand offs, and Julio not tucking the ball away. These are turnovers that really should not be happening at all.

Why the turnovers? Some are the product of a new system (the fumble on the option play to Freeman) and some are due to effort (Julio). However, some are just mistakes plain and simple. I think a product of "playing physical and fast and finishing every play by doing good longer" is a few turnovers during the learning curve. Never has Quinn told the guys to be careful or avoid mistakes. The closest thing to that he has said is win the ball.

Look at Peyton in Denver. With the new OC, it was looking like he had never played football for the first 3 weeks. Now, weak arm and all, its suddenly looking like he has figured things out. He admitted that it is a learning curve and there has to be give and take on both sides. That is my message to Shanahan. Leave your mind open to some give and take.

in relation to the Pass Rush... What do you think it might look like if we were up 10-20 points (no turn overs) and the other team instead of playing even on points, or generally ahead this season, were playing from behind and being "rushed" to score points like we have been? I bet our pass rush would look drastically different with the other offense in a hurried mode.

Said this before too. We have played one maybe 2 games where we were up big. Against Eagles we were able to harass Bradford until they got into their rhythm and against Texans who we shut out until the scrubs came in.

Turnovers are the biggest problem. If you go down -2 or more in turnovers your chances of winning are very slim and thats just a historical fact doesn't matter if you are Atlanta or New England. The only 2 games we have lost we were minus 3 and minus 4 in turnovers. We were not supposed to win those games based on that alone.

Its not the defenses fault, they stopped the bleeding as long as they could until right around halftime and overall played a heck of a game.

The offense had costly mistakes whether penalties or turnovers but still were able to pulls out of the hole they dug us in.

Point is as far as weaknesses yes we have a few areas here and there you would like to improve as far a personnel and play calling, but those weren't the factors that cost us games. Long, time consuming drives that ended with no points and turnovers are what cost us our only two losses this season. Turnovers are a focus issue. Focus snapping, focus holding on to the ball before and after contact, and focus making smart decisions throwing the football. You will always have a few here and there but you cannot have them in the frequency that we have had them especially when in position to put points on the board

I know turnovers are a part of the game and some of them come from pressing to make a play or effort to get the the extra yard. However bad snaps, lack of discipline are unacceptable from professional athletes. Before anyone blasts me, I know mistakes happen but I don't accept those things from the young kids I coach. The good thing is those items can be corrected with attention to detail and I am glad the Falcons are 6-2. The bye week can't get here quick enough just look at Peyton last night after their bye. The new schemes will work when all the pieces are in place and this season is like playing with "House Money". I will continue to watch and pull for the Falcons and hope their are more wins than losses. If I could offer one piece of advice to coaches it would be this...When one of my players makes a mistake in practice or a game I always ask what did you do wrong and what should you have have done differently. Even the 10-12 kids usually know the answer or at least have a reason for what they did. Yeah I know these coaches and players do that but sometimes you have to keep it simple.