Jalen Collins

Kurtzyy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if he was even targeted. Some will take that as he was just so good in coverage that Winston said to heck with trying him. I will hold off on that until he actually matches up with a respectable WR

Either way, i was disappointed he didn't get much match ups with Evans. That would have been an actual legitimate test. Not some UDFA that he was covering all game.

Not sure if he was even targeted. Some will take that as he was just so good in coverage that Winston said to heck with trying him. I will hold off on that until he actually matches up with a respectable WR

Either way, i was disappointed he didn't get much match ups with Evans. That would have been an actual legitimate test. Not some UDFA that he was covering all game.

O ******* whaaa! At least he's doing his **** job the last two games that everyone was so certain he couldn't do...

Does anyone realize that Vic, Collins, Jarrett, hardy, are all getting some significant time now and Coleman would still be had he never got hurt... that's our first 5 draft pics pkaying.. it should be no surprise if there are some struggles along the way...

It was almost like he and Trufant switched bodies, because Trufant was pretty terrible yesterday before getting injured, and Collins simply locked down his side of the field. He also made a huge heads-up play in the 4th quarter, bailing out to cover a TE in the flat and forcing Winston to run for it, allowing Rico Allen to make a great open field tackle and stop Winston short on 4th and 2.

Collins played well yesterday. No matter how well he play some folks are still gonna hate because they backed themselves in a corner by declaring him a bust before the season even started. They did the same with Hageman, Alford, etc and now they are doing the same with Beasley.

Outside of a PI Adams played fairly well when Trufant went down.

Edited by FentayeJones

He was matched up with Evans several times. Falcons don't move their CB's around for the most part so he covers whoever comes out of the huddle to his side. The Bucs moved their WR around a little bit. I don't recall any targets to guys he was covering though. Looked like he had good coverage from what I could tell.

He was matched up with Evans several times. Falcons don't move their CB's around for the most part so he covers whoever comes out of the huddle to his side. The Bucs moved their WR around a little bit. I don't recall any targets to guys he was covering though. Looked like he had good coverage from what I could tell.

Pretty sure everyone already knows that we don't move our CB's around.... And he was not matched up with Evans that often from what I saw. It was either Tru or Adams for the most part. And they were without VJax and Seferian Jenkins so Evans was predicted to get a boat load of targets.

I was not a fan of the Collins pick admittedly, but i don't dislike him. I am just holding off my praise until he gets an actual test. Playing Mettenberger and the Titans WR's and then Winston and the Bucs UDFA he covered is not a good enough for me to judge him.

Yea don't expect anyone to notice him recognizing the Te releasing for what would have been an easy dump for winston. Him and Rico played disciplined and made a perfect play

This....that was an EXCELLENT PLAY by the kid!! Much props for the heads up...we have been beaten on that same play I think twice this year and it boiled my blood!! Last time was against Dallas and Willy mo and the LB? Both went to the qb...left the pass wide open, Collins impressed me right there an what a tackle by Rico!!

I'm still wondering why didn't Quinn put Collins at LCB to replace Tru and put Adams at RCB or nickel.

They don't switch. They cover whoever is in front. And switching corners isn't as easy as it seems. The technique is different. Asante only played LCB for a reason. He even told me as much. Jalen is just starting to get his technique down at RCB. If he was switched then the board would be having a meltdown about him today. Evens faced Collins too. The difference is Collins is big and he was pressing the sh*t out of their receivers. Tru can press but he only weighs 190. Collins has a whole 10 pounds on him with more height. THIS is why Collins was drafted. We want the rush to get better? The corners gotta keep hands on receivers to give them the extra second. Winston was sacked 2 times yesterday. Hit multiple and flushed out of the pocket even more.

He played alright, but he was still often beat had he been targeted.

Again, I don't see what yall see when you say that. His coverage was good all day. It's still a reason when a rookie qb decides to pick on your best corner instead of a fellow rookie that some keep saying is constantly being beat and out of position. That's not how nfl football is played. You find a weakness and expose it. If Collins is playing that weak why not expose it??

He had very good coverage. It just comes down to guys not willing to be wrong about something they said about a player or they didn't want him. He absolutely locked his side of the field down and that includes being matched with Evans. He's the best press corner we have because of his size. The press was killing Tru yesterday because he's only 190 and 6'0. Collins has 13 pounds and an inch over tru and stronger.

No need to throw his way when Worrilow is giving up the middle of the field like Jessica Simpson on Prom night.

Bruh that didn't happen. Winston only had 177 yards passing. Most of that came on the drive in OT. Nothing was being given up like that. Before half the Bucs hadn't converted but 1 3rd down.