When Will Ryan Get Some Blame

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post JDaveG...

Virtually every poster on here has weighed in on Ryan's recent shaky performances. Ryan has acknowledged it himself in various interviews and sound bites.

It is a good thing that the Falcons are winning with poor Ryan performances...and like you alluded to guys are what their respective histories and performances say they are.

There isn't a single reason I can think of that would indicate that the Ryan we've seen the past few weeks is now who he has become.

Yep. To me it's no different as Denver still winning with Mannings poor play.

I knew we were up there but didn't know it was that bad. This SHOULD be an eye opener for the Ryan haters but they'll just overlook it and continue to drink the hateraide.

we were leading the league a few weeks ago. throw in some crappy snaps and it is hard for any qb to look good. has ryan made some mistakes? of course, most qbs will at some point. but he has had some help as to why the offense has looked off at times.

Unless this offense just goes other-worldly over the last half of the season, I'm not expecting it. We have too many holes on the team. We ought to be better by then, but the truth is we are about halfway through a complete rebuild. We'll have a better idea what kind of team we have next season, I think.

I see us making the playoffs and maybe winning 1 divisional game, maybe being 1 and done again. I don't see us really making a deep run this season, though I certainly will be thrilled if they prove me wrong. I think next season we ought to be in the mix again, and hopefully we'll continue to build on that. Matt Ryan's window is still wide open, but Father Time is keeping his eye on it.

If it clicks for both Ryan and Beasley, Falcons could make a serious run in the playoffs. Freeman, Jones and Ryan could be a deadly trio, with White, Hankerson, Coleman, Hardy and others contributing.

If Beasley can provide a pass rush, D has a chance to be good enough in the playoffs.

Real X-factor is Hester, really been missing any big plays in return game. Ravens won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago, in part, because of a ST's TD.

Ryan is a bit more unpredictable than elite qb's. Don't hate him and I'm glad we have him. . . . BUT. . . You just never know when that errant pass goes the other way and costs you an important game.

It's easy for people to have some ambivalence about Ryan because in the big games he's played he hasn't been as good, and he has had turnovers. It doesn't erase his good performances, but it does leave room for justifiable criticism. Important for the haters to keep things in perspective and not turn criticism in to crucifixion.

I think it's funny how people are blaming Shanahan when Matt Ryan has been under throwing and overthrowing receivers on deep throwing. I don't know how many times he has under thrown a open receiver and had balls knock down by defensive linemen because his throws are to low. Oh how can we forget the dumb ints he's been throwing smh, he has been inconsistent all year but still people are trying to blame Shanahan which i think is a great offensive coordinator the blame needs to start going to Matt Ryan. I'm tired of people defending this dude it's been going on for years I give he a break on the last two years that offensive line was one of the worst ever but I'm going back on the winning seasons he was doing the same thing as he is now.

First time out of your cave bro? Ryans been getting his azz handed to him and rightly so. Wtf?

I think it's funny how people are blaming Shanahan when Matt Ryan has been under throwing and overthrowing receivers on deep throwing. I don't know how many times he has under thrown a open receiver and had balls knock down by defensive linemen because his throws are to low. Oh how can we forget the dumb ints he's been throwing smh, he has been inconsistent all year but still people are trying to blame Shanahan which i think is a great offensive coordinator the blame needs to start going to Matt Ryan. I'm tired of people defending this dude it's been going on for years I give he a break on the last two years that offensive line was one of the worst ever but I'm going back on the winning seasons he was doing the same thing as he is now.

jQkbz8Y.gif

Are you new to TATF?

There have been a TON of threads earlier this week about Ryan and his recent lackluster play..

At this point it's not even in the category of beating a dead horse. It's pulverizing that horse's bones until they are a fine powder.

Yeah bro ... this thread beyond redundant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to think that people really did get sort of the wrong message from the mainstay group of vocal posters and was understanding of it when people felt censored or whatever they were complaining about. Now I just think people just don't freaking read the boards at all. They come in and just make crap up and play the victim card right out in an effort to try and get more support no matter how absolutely friggin stupid their made up bullspit is. Some of y'all out there have some serious self esteem problems or something.