Let's Just Call The Season And Hand It To The Pats!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of all the Pats fans posing as Falcons fans. If you are mad that the Falcons are not like the Pats you are a Pats fan, period. You admire them and dislike us. Just own it.

Oh and division games on TNF is the biggest "screw you" the NFL has done in some time. The most important games any teams plays on a short week with one team travelling and losing a day? Those games should not even be in conference if at all.

All but two are divisional games. I never even realized that.

And yes, it is incredibly dumb. Thursday nights nobody cares yet. By Monday night people are burned out. Unless the schedule changes in some way, I am glad I don't have to sit through any more Thursday, Sunday or Monday night games. Falcons have one 4pm game and then it is 1pm and smooth sailing the rest of the way.

And yes, it is incredibly dumb. Thursday nights nobody cares yet. By Monday night people are burned out. Unless the schedule changes in some way, I am glad I don't have to sit through any more Thursday, Sunday or Monday night games. Falcons have one 4pm game and then it is 1pm and smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Depending on records one of our panthers games might get flexed.

That is why they are mostly division games now to increase the drama and increase the "upset" factor. Now an important tie breaker and division title can be decided by a game where there is the least amount of time to recover, prepare, and practice. Shoot I remember when players used to complain about MNF to Sunday being hard because you lose a day.

Year after year, doesn't matter the changes in their team roster they find ways to get the best out of their players! Our Falcons have some talents but we're not building that same level of desire that the NE does year after year! There's no reason for Ryan to be struggling so much. No reason why we can't put are opponents off their stride. How is it possible we go back to the Aint's in 2015 and re-enact their famous punt block play that they dedicated a statue to? At this rate I fear we're always going to be the "Browns" of the South! Let's hope Quinn can break our mediocrity, but I won't be holding my breath! Come Sunday we'll see if our D-birds have gotten their act together or we're about to enter a 2nd half of the season slide!

Stop fooling yourself & just go ahead & buy a Gronk jersey.

Here's the thing. That Patriots team since Belichik got there has been running the same system and style of football since. Once you establish a culture like that it's easy to plug and play guys that guy your system. And as long as you keep a franchise qb in place it makes it easier. The players change but the system remains the same. He may make some tweaks here and there but those guys have been playing the same way for years. It started with Tuna as the HC and guess what family tree ol Bill is from??? That's right Parcells. So the system was actually in place even before Bill got there. Parcels had a championship caliber team. So it's not rocket science to why they stayed good all these years. They actually got better at qb and he's still at the helm.

It's their coaches. Best on the fly in-game adjustments in the league. They also are the best at exploiting the others team weakness and keep on attacking it.

They've been running the same system for 20 years. It's really that simple. It's all second nature. New players come that fit the system and they keep rolling. Belichik says he like smart tough players and that's what he gets every year. It makes a difference when you've run the same system and philosophy for 20 years.

They've been running the same system for 20 years. It's really that simple. It's all second nature. New players come that fit the system and they keep rolling. Belichik says he like smart tough players and that's what he gets every year. It makes a difference when you've run the same system and philosophy for 20 years.

It also takes players. Rodgers makes Mccarthy look good and Brady does to whatever OC he has over the years. But their coaches are the best. Their gameplan doesn't work after a couple of series? They completely scrap it right then and there and do something else.

Here's the thing. That Patriots team since Belichik got there has been running the same system and style of football since. Once you establish a culture like that it's easy to plug and play guys that guy your system. And as long as you keep a franchise qb in place it makes it easier. The players change but the system remains the same. He may make some tweaks here and there but those guys have been playing the same way for years. It started with Tuna as the HC and guess what family tree ol Bill is from??? That's right Parcells. So the system was actually in place even before Bill got there. Parcels had a championship caliber team. So it's not rocket science to why they stayed good all these years. They actually got better at qb and he's still at the helm.

A culture and a mindset. When you believe you will win almost every game and see a SB you will play at that level. Bill doesn't have to be a draft genius everyone thinks he is. He just has to find players who will believe they can be part of a superior team. Time and time again he will get late round picks who will play at first and second round levels. They believe they will and put in the work to get there. Obviously I am not saying he can draft a no-talent bum and get away with it but it does help to have players coming into a winning culture and mindset.

Our own, and thankfully broken, back to back winning season curse is proof enough that what you think may happen you might make happen.

A culture and a mindset. When you believe you will win almost every game and see a SB you will play at that level. Bill doesn't have to be a draft genius everyone thinks he is. He just has to find players who will believe they can be part of a superior team. Time and time again he will get late round picks who will play at first and second round levels. They believe they will and put in the work to get there. Obviously I am not saying he can draft a no-talent bum and get away with it but it does help to have players coming into a winning culture and mindset.

Our own, and thankfully broken, back to back winning season curse is proof enough that what you think may happen you might make happen.

Absolutely. And that's what I love about Quinn. He's establishing a culture of a championship mentality. Not saying Smitty didn't but the message with Smitty was 1-0 each week. Quinn's message is each game is a championship game. That would resonate with me as a player a little better. As you can see they finish games much better. The defense has actually carried the offense this season when needed.

Playing in a craptastic division has certainly helped. The AFC East has been very much the Afc Least for 15 year. Save a season or 2 here or there the rest of the east has been average to below average for a long long time,

It also takes players. Rodgers makes Mccarthy look good and Brady does to whatever OC he has over the years. But their coaches are the best. Their gameplan doesn't work after a couple of series? They completely scrap it right then and there and do something else.

Again, both of those guys have been in the same system their whole careers. Every team makes in game adjustments. They don't scrap the game plan. You just can't do that at the nfl level. They simply make adjustments after each series. That's what the film on the sideline is for. Every team does it. It's not just the pats or the packers. McCarthy is a great play caller so it ain't just Aaron making him look good. Aaron is executing the plays he calls. Period!! That simple. It all starts with installing a system and getting the players that fit it. Quinn understands this and he's establishing that.

The packers have been running the SAME system since before Rodgers got there. West coast offense. He sat behind favre for years. So the same thing applies for them. When you've had the same system for 20+ years it matters. The Jets would've stayed good if herm Edwards didn't change the system and philosophy parcells put in place. He changed it with players built specifically for a 3-4 scheme and went to 4-3 cold turkey. Jets went thru a suck.