Falcons Will Be Mauled By Panthers

Falconsfilmfan

They are better than they have been and they were plenty good enough already. Really hoping to be wrong and eat crow but it doesn't look good at all.

Explain this to me. Falcons and Ryan are getting ripped today for the performance. Panthers are still undefeated and Cam and Matt have the same amount of TDs. However, Cam has more picks, a lower QBR, a lower number of passing yards, and a lower completion percentage. Panthers are still undefeated, average margin of victory, 8.7 points. Falcons, lost one, average margin of victory 8.8 points.

How does this all translate to they are better than they have been and it doesn't look good (for Falcons)? Again, I know numbers don't tell the entire story, but I don't see a big difference between the two. I know it will be a tough game that will be settled on the field. No fear when it comes to the Panthers, these are two very close teams.

Last two games, Cam 2 TDs, 5 INTS. Add Cam's rushing TD's and he has still has more INT's that TDs

Edited by isproab

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can understand the angst over the Panthers, and I share that anxiety with my fellow fans. However, I did have a ray of hope when I watched the game last night against the Eagles. It occurred to me that unlike our past matchups, this season we have a very good run defense and a run offense to match up against them. This is unlike our past meetings where our defenses were downright putrid in every regard, and our offense was totally predicated on passing the ball.

Add to that the fact that we still have quite a while to tweak and improve this team, and I am more hopeful we can matchup well against them than I was previously. It appears to me that our game against them will come to down to the classic issues of who makes the most penalties and mistakes. But I was concerned at how fast that defense seemed to play, and Cam is always hard to defend against.

Speaking of Newton, how many think it is a good idea to have your franchise QB running the ball so much? I know he is a huge and gifted athlete for a QB, but when I see so many designed run plays I just remember how quick an injury can occur when you expose your QB like that. I still think we had a hand in RG3s demise with that hit on the sideline that injured him in his rookie year. I still wonder how things would have played out for him had he just gone out of bounds instead of trying to take on our LB like a running back (who was that BTW).

Then I see highlight film of Newton somersaulting over the line of scimmage for a TD and think to myself: "yeah just see what happens if you keep taking shots like that in the NFL."

Edited by FalconFanForLife

i think we split these two games, we win at home and lose in Carolina. They have a scary good D but, what concerns me more is the fact that our offense is not hitting on much and that could cost us the game against them. Sucks that we have to play them twice in 3 weeks, don't like this schedule at all.... is what it is though

Well I can understand the angst over the Panthers, and I share that anxiety with my fellow fans. However, I did have a ray of hope when I watched last night against the Eagles. It occurred to me that unlike our past matchups, this season we have a very good run defense and a run offense to match up against them. This is unlike our past meetings where our defenses were downright putrid in every regard, and our offense was totally predicated on passing the ball.

Add to that the fact that we still have quite a while to tweak and improve this team, and I am more hopeful we can matchup well against them than I was previously. It appears to me that our game against them will come to down to the classic issues of who makes the most penalties and mistakes. But I was concerned at how fast that defense seemed to play, and Cam is always hard to defend against.

Speaking of Newton, how many think it is a good idea to have your franchise QB running the ball so much? I know he is a huge and gifted athlete for a QB, but when I see so many designed run plays I just remember how quick an injury can occur when you expose your QB like that. I still think we had a hand in RG3s demise with that hit on the sideline that injured him in his rookie year. I still wonder how things would have played out for him had he just gone out of bounds instead of trying to take on our LB like a running back (who was that BTW).

Then I see highlight film of Newton somersaulting over the line of scimmage for a TD and think to myself: "yeah just see what happens if you keep taking shots like that in the NFL."

it was Spoon who put that hit on him

LOL again about those of you who have been curled up under you beds in the fetal position since week 3 or so, all worried sick about the carolina panthers.

All the 15 year old teenage girls here need to refrain from the boards until at least week 12... this Carolina phobia is consuming your lives.

We've played mediocre ball to date and are 6-1. Lets take the advice of our HC who constantly says he prefers to concentrate on what his team will do, not what the other beotches are doing... hmmm

Trended downward.

Barely beating a 1-4 titans team, barely beating a bad Skins team and losing to the Saints doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

This is why I can't stand fans like you. Always putting down our wins and never looking at the bigger picture. Okay, what about the panthers? Barely beating the following teams: Texans, Saints, Jaguars, and Eagles. They looked sloppy in all of those yet we are the ones who should be worried.

Get that negative, loser mentality out of here.

Panther Fan.. for those of you who mentioned being healthy, and how each team is playing in a month and a half from not,, I concur.

I've only seen 2 of the falcons games.. they looked fantastic against the Texans,, and so so against Tenn..

I've watched all the Panther games.. I see ALL our faults.. I see the good also,, but as a fan we nit pick our own teams to death.. In a salary cap NFL,, have 53 players, dividing $147 million ,, you're going to sign your A players, and hope you get enough out of those C and D players we all have.

Every man thinks he can cook a steak and coach football. As we know, there are those who do it for a living and get paid for it. We as fans are great Monday morning QB's ,, always pointing out every fault , AFTER a play..

In a month and half,, I just hope my Panthers are healthy for a stretch run.. I know of every Panther playing hurt. You know the same of your team.. After 6 games, we're all getting beat up.. We've lost players for the season. Others stepping up..

I hope we keep it between the ditches till Dec,, and give your very good team all it can handle and more. You are a rival.. this ( these ) game(s) will be great for both franchises..

Looks like you've got a lot of the missing pieces you didn't have last season ( COACH )

Well I can understand the angst over the Panthers, and I share that anxiety with my fellow fans. However, I did have a ray of hope when I watched the game last night against the Eagles. It occurred to me that unlike our past matchups, this season we have a very good run defense and a run offense to match up against them. This is unlike our past meetings where our defenses were downright putrid in every regard, and our offense was totally predicated on passing the ball.

Good stuff! I'm like that also with our Defense being a better match with those guys down the road. I say let the panties run they're Qb MORE AND MORE LOL. This style didn't do RG3 any favors against us.

Panther Fan.. for those of you who mentioned being healthy, and how each team is playing in a month and a half from not,, I concur. I've only seen 2 of the falcons games.. they looked fantastic against the Texans,, and so so against Tenn.. I've watched all the Panther games.. I see ALL our faults.. I see the good also,, but as a fan we nit pick our own teams to death.. In a salary cap NFL,, have 53 players, dividing $147 million ,, you're going to sign your A players, and hope you get enough out of those C and D players we all have. Every man thinks he can cook a steak and coach football. As we know, there are those who do it for a living and get paid for it. We as fans are great Monday morning QB's ,, always pointing out every fault , AFTER a play.. In a month and half,, I just hope my Panthers are healthy for a stretch run.. I know of every Panther playing hurt. You know the same of your team.. After 6 games, we're all getting beat up.. We've lost players for the season. Others stepping up.. I hope we keep it between the ditches till Dec,, and give your very good team all it can handle and more. You are a rival.. this ( these ) game(s) will be great for both franchises.. Looks like you've got a lot of the missing pieces you didn't have last season ( COACH )

I want to see a game with no injuries to major players before or after. I want to see the refs butt out of the game and let the players decide who wins. And I want to see the Falcons play to their potential. If you guys win, I want it to be because you were the best team despite our best effort. If we play stupid, sloppy football and beat ourselves it will be dam hard for me to take.

Seriously? You guys are really afraid of the panthers? They are doing well, but so are we. We are not playing to our potential, they are. However, I think our best is better then their best. You guys are sad. You can give props without kissing feet. Sheeesh.

34-3. The Falcons have something to prove after being embarrassed at home in the last game of the season. Right now Carolina is playing like the team that has something to prove.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000429239/Week-17-Falcons-vs-Panthers-highlights

Edited by insight

• 4 weeks later...