Roughing The Passer

**** if I know. I've seen late flags thrown plenty of times. That's about the best I can tell ya. I'd be lying if I pretended to know the rules

just make sure you do a double check on the mic before calling the ref huddle and discussing it. There's 20 million more people at home watching........

ph34r.pngohmy.pnglaugh.png

What bothered me was throwing the flag, announcing the penalty, awarding the yardage AND then deciding to uncall it. It's different if the flag is thrown, there's a huddle, and then you come out and announce there wasn't a penalty.

What changed after the first huddle and announcement?

They throw flags for grounding way late and sometimes after huddling to discuss it about whether a guy was or was not in the pocket when he threw a ball. They also pick them up sometimes when they decide someone was out of the pocket.

In the Philly game last night they reviewed if a WR was in bounds for a catch. They ruled he was in bounds when he caught it - BUT that he had stepped out just before catching it and had re-established himself in bounds. They then threw a flag and assessed a 5 yard penalty from the line of scrimmage for illegal touching. So they do change calls after reviewing things related to that play.

Certain penalties are not reviewable so for instance they don't go back and call holding when they review if a guy caught a pass out of bounds or not.

It is not a giant conspiracy.

What bothered me was throwing the flag, announcing the penalty, awarding the yardage AND then deciding to uncall it. It's different if the flag is thrown, there's a huddle, and then you come out and announce there wasn't a penalty.

If I remember right they threw the flag, announced the penalty, moved the ball and then had a timeout or something and then after is when they undid the penalty. Something happened there.

Didn't get to watch the game yesterday but recorded it and watching now. Roughing call was bunk but it was awful how long it took for the refs to get the field set. On the very next play, 99 whacks Ryan in the helmet. Seen that go for 15 on us a couple times. Doesn't matter though; should have thrown a flag on the play call for passing on 3rd and 2 (and 4th).

If I remember right they threw the flag, announced the penalty, moved the ball and then had a timeout or something and then after is when they undid the penalty. Something happened there.

It was the end of the 1st Quarter. The Falcons were lined up and ready to run a play meaning the refs were just gonna let that call go, but time ran out and the 1st Q ended so they had time to discuss it.

Edited by derrty bird