Titans Vs. Falcons: Reasons For Confidence And Concern

birdz4i

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Pap, certainly a treat having ya back on the boards. I was getting concerned my chatting buddies were going to consist of RTG and Negatorris.

On another note. Didn't we smack these kids flat in the preseason? Round 2 is always more fun. Falcons 42-16. I give them the benefit of the doubt cause their kicker is good and they have Dougie who can get them into field goal range.

Thank you my man. It is a wonderful time of the year! Yes , we won that game in preseason. Tennessee can be a tricky team, but I believe we kill them with the run this week. That will open up some huge playaction passing that will nail them. You and I, are about the same in score. I got them winning 30+ to 19....we are pizzed and hungry baby! Good to be back buddy and thank you my brother!

Thank you my man. It is a wonderful time of the year! Yes , we won that game in preseason. Tennessee can be a tricky team, but I believe we kill them with the run this week. That will open up some huge playaction passing that will nail them. You and I, are about the same in score. I got them winning 30+ to 19....we are pizzed and hungry baby! Good to be back buddy and thank you my brother!

Fo sho. They currently rank 19th in fantasy pts allowed to WRs so I think our WRs will go Ham on them and Freeman is gonna be Freeman rest of the season at this point I think. Dude tore apart 2 of the highest ranked Run defenses with relative ease. At this point I'd be shocked if anyone slows him the rest of the year. He's not AD or anything but the guy plays like a man on a mission and his stats show it.

Devonta Freeman, the leader in rushing touchdowns in the league, and the running back Ruston Webster passed on in order to draft the illustrious Bishop Sankey, could be in line for a big day.

This sounds like something someone on here would say.

If I remember correctly there were people in here during the preseason game complaining because we didn't have Sankey who was "ballin'"

Funny stuff! I love it how local writers (and fans) can just pick out every little negative thing on their team. I actually think the game could be closer than some think after they got embarrassed by the fins at home last week and Ryan has been a turnover machine the last two games..if our running game gets rolling right out of the gate it's game set match however.

Fill me in on the rapeberger stuff, I haven't heard anything about it.

Basically he forced himself on some college age girl in South Ga. A week later Mark Richt dropped Mettenberger from the team - at the time, he was in for an upcoming battle with Aaron Murray for starting UGA QB job. Fyi, Mettenberger's mother is Mark Richt's personal secretary. Mettenberger then transferred to LSU.

Basically he forced himself on some college age girl in South Ga. A week later Mark Richt dropped Mettenberger from the team - at the time, he was in for an upcoming battle with Aaron Murray for starting UGA QB job. Fyi, Mettenberger's mother is Mark Richt's personal secretary. Mettenberger then transferred to LSU.

Not to discount the fact that what he did was wrong, I don't think it qualified as rape. Neither of them should have been in a bar. Neither of them should have been drinking. Drunk guys do stupid things.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/05/former-georgia-quarterback-zach-mettenberger-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-battery/1#.VikLU36rSUl

Details have finally come to light in the incident that led Georgia to dismiss quarterback Zach Mettenberger. The freshman pleaded guilty to sexual battery after an incident at a bar in southern Georgia during spring break.

Southern Judicial Circuit district attorney J. David Miller said the charges "were the result of Mettenberger grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks" of a 20-year-old female Valdosta State University student in the bar. He was sentenced to 12 months of probation and 80 hours of community service.

Mettenberger was originally facing various charges of underage possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct and possession of false identification. Bulldogs coach Mark Richt allowed him to participate in spring practice and compete for the starting job before removing him from the team last month, indicating the case was more serious. Aaron Murray was named the starter for Georgia after his dismissal.

Mettenberger expressed regret for the incident and said he hoped to get a second chance to play football.

"I first want to apologize to the young lady my actions most directly affected, and I hope that by me accepting responsibility for my actions that she can move on with her life," Mettenberger said in the statement.

"I would also like to apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the coaching staff and the University of Georgia. Though it was very uncharacteristic of me to act the way I did, I still accept full responsibility for this event. I deeply regret my actions of that night and can assure that these actions will never happen again. I intend to do everything in my power to restore my image and rebuild the trust people had in me before."

Not to discount the fact that what he did was wrong, I don't think it qualified as rape. Neither of them should have been in a bar. Neither of them should have been drinking. Drunk guys do stupid things.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/05/former-georgia-quarterback-zach-mettenberger-pleads-guilty-to-sexual-battery/1#.VikLU36rSUl

Details have finally come to light in the incident that led Georgia to dismiss quarterback Zach Mettenberger. The freshman pleaded guilty to sexual battery after an incident at a bar in southern Georgia during spring break.

Southern Judicial Circuit district attorney J. David Miller said the charges "were the result of Mettenberger grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks" of a 20-year-old female Valdosta State University student in the bar. He was sentenced to 12 months of probation and 80 hours of community service.

Mettenberger was originally facing various charges of underage possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct and possession of false identification. Bulldogs coach Mark Richt allowed him to participate in spring practice and compete for the starting job before removing him from the team last month, indicating the case was more serious. Aaron Murray was named the starter for Georgia after his dismissal.

Mettenberger expressed regret for the incident and said he hoped to get a second chance to play football.

"I first want to apologize to the young lady my actions most directly affected, and I hope that by me accepting responsibility for my actions that she can move on with her life," Mettenberger said in the statement.

"I would also like to apologize to my family, friends, teammates, the coaching staff and the University of Georgia. Though it was very uncharacteristic of me to act the way I did, I still accept full responsibility for this event. I deeply regret my actions of that night and can assure that these actions will never happen again. I intend to do everything in my power to restore my image and rebuild the trust people had in me before."

No it wasn't rape......what it was was something that was done in a bar, in public - had it been in a bedroom, could have been rape - not saying it would - but there are less restrictions when isolated in a bedroom in a house.

bottom-line, the guys is a dirtbag......

T6QOv7Vw24IU0.gif

You didn't know this?

I was on tour with The Monkeys at the time. It was a long strange trip with sex, drugs, and prefabricated rock n'roll. The turtlenecks were fashionable though. But when the war broke out, we lost Mickey to dysentery. So we left him on the doorstep at a veterinary. Ever since then my Mettenberger journal has been drawing a blank.

I was on tour with The Monkeys at the time. It was a long strange trip with sex, drugs, and prefabricated rock n'roll. The turtlenecks were fashionable though. But when the war broke out, we lost Mickey to dysentery. So we left him on the doorstep at a veterinary. Ever since then my Mettenberger journal has been drawing a blank.

Haha!! Clever. And I'm not implying anything negative like you live under a rock or something. I just thought it was a pretty big story. The Monkees... wow. That was a few years before my time, but only a few.

1934195_orig.jpg

Edited by trudweathers

No it wasn't rape......what it was was something that was done in a bar, in public - had it been in a bedroom, could have been rape - not saying it would - but there are less restrictions when isolated in a bedroom in a house.

bottom-line, the guys is a dirtbag......

If one night of being young, dumb and full of rum qualifies as being a dirtbag, I suspect more than a few of us would be forever branded.

Just sayin'