One Big Thing Missing From Last Year Is Great Special Teams Play

Begotten912

Guest facelessman07

I blame the FO for not drafting team captains, choir boys, and special team aces from round 3 on like they used to

Clearly this new approach to acquiring college talent is not working

I'll take 5-1 without great special teams play as opposed to last years mess any day of the week

We've found ways to win at the end of games this year instead of finding ways to lose. We still have a lot of holes and big ST plays can make the difference whether it's actual scores or just changing the momentum of the game.

Alford or Hardy immediately come to mind. Southward? all have the speed to get a few more yards upfield before the blocking fails than Weems.

Not to say I don't like Weems, but he's never really been a true 'threat' when returning kicks or punts

Weeks used to be a **** good return man. He spends too much time dancing around these days.

Alford or Hardy immediately come to mind. Southward? all have the speed to get a few more yards upfield before the blocking fails than Weems.

Not to say I don't like Weems, but he's never really been a true 'threat' when returning kicks or punts

Not about speed. The punters punt to us like Bosher punts to them. High and long. Doesn't leave much room to return anything. Other teams have had good punt coverage on us. It happens.

Not about speed. The punters punt to us like Bosher punts to them. High and long. Doesn't leave much room to return anything. Other teams have had good punt coverage on us. It happens.

Yeah, don't think that Hester would have made that much of a difference so far....... Weems has good hands and knows when not to push it............

Well if we had a natural disaster like the aint's and the media favored us.....Best **** special teams ever! Heck, we could even put a statue of a blocked punt in front of our place. Soo sick and tired of hearing that B.S. Can't wait to kick that azz in the Ga Dome baby! It's coming Aint's no matter what you tainted mofos think.

Southward? Really?

Southward ran a pretty awesome 40. He would be able to contribute to the team this way at least than be a bench warmer. He's a pretty solid gunner too.

i do miss the reckless abandon on our coverage though. i remember the days we'd take out our own guys if we had to in the process of murdering the other teams returner

Post of the night right here. I have to admit I LOL'd pretty hard. Guys at work looked over at me like I was snorting coke and playing with my thumbs.

Love to see Jarryd Hayne replace Weems and Hester as a P/KR.

You want to see Hayne replace the greatest return man the league has ever had? lol...I like Hayne no doubt, but posts like this just make me wanna jump through the screen and smack people with Tug's ban hammer. In fact...you're commenting privelages should be revoked until you come back to earth.

Just as accurate to say he's done nothing at all

He is averaging 10.2 yards per return. That's 11th in the league. Not sure what else you want from the guy. He is averaging 22 yards per kickoff return, which would be 14th in the league if he had enough returns to qualify.

Not sure what people are looking for back there. He is doing a great job. In all of 2014, Hester only had 18 total punt returns for a 13.3 average. He did have the one TD in Week 3. On kickoffs he was 11th in the NFL at 25.1.

Considering Weems hasn't screwed up (like Alford did), I'd say he is doing very well holding the spot down. Not sure why people think you can just insert a fast guy and all of the sudden the world changes. It's just not that easy (remember the Alford experiment?). In a season, you are lucky to get even ONE TD on kick or punt returns. If you are supremely lucky, you get a whopping two. Only 11 players in 2014 had punt return TDs, A whole SIX had kickoff return TDs.

Archived