Mariota Vs. Mettenberger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No he lost because he sucked

I'm a fan of both of their quarterbacks. Mariota beating him out doesn't make him a terrible quarterback. I just think he showed enough to build pieces around him rather than draft another quarterback. That said, Mariota has the better character you want leading your team. Combine the two and you have one **** of a quarterback.

I'm a fan of both of their quarterbacks. Mariota beating him out doesn't make him a terrible quarterback. I just think he showed enough to build pieces around him rather than draft another quarterback. That said, Mariota has the better character you want leading your team. Combine the two and you have one **** of a quarterback.

Why don't you just become a Tirans fans then.

Lol some of you are pumping Mettenberger up like he is a mix between Rodgers and Brady. He isn't that good

no we aren't pumping him up

We are trying to explain to a lot of posters that this game will NOT be a cake walk because their #1 QB is out ---unlike ATL they have a proven backup QB

too many posters think all backup QBs are like those in Atl recently ie Shockley. Wilson, McCown and Yates and that is just not true

remember that both A Rodgers and T Brady rode the pines a few years some teams do actually have good backup QBs

IF we execute our defesne the way we are supposed too, it really doesnt matter who the QB is.

That goes for every team. That's just a football cliche at this point. There are adjustments that need to be made to exploit mismatches and weaknesses. We don't have to have a convoluted Mike Nolan amoeba scheme, but sometimes it would be nice to take advantage of team's issues.

no we aren't pumping him up

We are trying to explain to a lot of posters that this game will NOT be a cake walk because their #1 QB is out ---unlike ATL they have a proven backup QB

too many posters think all backup QBs are like those in Atl recently ie Shockley. Wilson, McCown and Yates and that is just not true

remember that both A Rodgers and T Brady rode the pines a few years some teams do actually have good backup QBs

I could probably fine a quote VERY similar to this one that was made before the Houston game. Mettenberger isn't good.

I think Mettenberger's got some talent and a chip on his shoulder, but I don't think that'll be enough on Sunday. At first I thought Mettenbernger caused more problems for our defense, but now I'm of the belief that because of our lack of pass rush and Mariota's legs, the Titans would have success by virtue of the fact that the receivers would have a full minute to get open.

Edited by southernscot

Defensively we should be fine and this one should be over halftime if we hold on to the **** ball. Because of the special teams miscues and turnovers in the red zone, D did an admirable job holding the score to 14-7 at the break in NO. Eventually, the dam broke in the second half.

If we limit the stupid mistakes that have killed us the last 2 weeks, we'll win in TEN by 2 TDs.