Beware Knockoff Throwback Jerseys

jaschart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really pisses me off is, Like a week after I bought it, I came down to Atlanta for a game, and went with my buddy who bartended at Peachtree Tavern, and they gave the staff Falcons Jersey for Free. He got a Matt Ryan one, completely stitched. I looked it up and it was a limited release Nike Jersey that cost $129. So he got a Stitched one for free, and even though I technically got the gift cert from credit card rewards, I got a screen printed jersey for twice the money.

I hate Nike with a passion,.

Unfortunately Reebok were much the same the only thing I like about the Nike jersey's is the fit i like the tighter fit I also found the Reebok jerseys as what I refer to the parachute type fit did'nt really like that at all.

I understand wanting to get a cheap jersey have done the same with caps ,but it is a serious roll of the dice sometimes the more you spend the more likely not getting close to what was represented.

Ive seen China websites use the same photos companies I work with pay to put on their own website. Product is never like what is sold here. I can only imagine NFL's stuff has to have100's rip off sites how are you going know what you get in is not gonna look crappy.

If we can't trust counterfeiters from China, then who can we trust?

I'm sorry you got bamboozled man, but do we really need a warning that you're a taking a huge risk buying counterfeit stuff from China?

Anyone who didn't realize that risk, I'm quite confident they would have wasted the money elsewhere anyway.

Like I said, I knew I was rolling the dice. There seemed to be a lot of happy customers on the Falcons subreddit. Everything else on the jersey looks great, right down to the NFL hologram on the NFL tag. It sounds like the modern knockoffs are fine, but I wanted black. I thought I had done my homework, but in hindsight the sleeves aren't pictured on Aliexpress, so I can't really say it's a misrepresentation.

Well at least it's a sewn on. I got a $300 NFL Shop gift certificate, so I bought an "Elite" Julio Throwback, and it had a freaking screen printed logo. The numbers and name were sewn, but for that kind of money, that's a rip off. If I wanted a screen print, I could have bought 3 jerseys.

for reals an elite and it has a screen print....boy i sure miss reebok!

Oh one more thing i have a few jerseys that i want to clean....would it be wise to throw them in the washer?.... I was told once that i should take them to the dry cleaners instead

I usually do dry cleaners, but if I remember correctly, you have to turn the jersey inside out and wash it in cold/ medium water put it on a gentle cycle. I would air dry for sure

Oh one more thing i have a few jerseys that i want to clean....would it be wise to throw them in the washer?.... I was told once that i should take them to the dry cleaners instead

Here is my experience with them , authentic and screen printed. Put them in a washer with a setting of agitation or gentle cycle. Then, don't over dry them on a less heat setting for about 5 minutes and take out to air dry the rest. It does work.

Wait a second, you guys are telling me that if I ordered an "authentic" Falcons jersey off NFL.com it would have ironed on logos and such? WTF?

Yep. It sucks that you pay all that money for a so called authentic jersey, only to get something relatively different sucks. I know Reebok wasn't the best, but if I paid good money for an authentic, I knew I was getting an authentic jersey.