Grady Jarrett News

GrimeyKidd

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of things I like about this coaching regime is that they're not totally out of left field all the time. Everybody thought Jarrett was balling out and now consequently Coach Quinn's going to give him more snaps. It makes sense. If this were Mike Smith and company, Jarrett would have been cut and we would have signed some RB from the Jaguars PS.

Ok, that's a little exaggerated, but I can't remember how many times under the last regime the coaches would make a decision that literally made no sense to me.

Really excited to see this. They said in preseason Jarrett could be similar to Aaron Donald from the Rams. If he can live up even remotely close to that, he'd be the steal of the 2015 draft after getting picked in the 5th rd.

Haven't seen that much from Hageman. He was billed as having "first-rd talent" and he's got 6 tackles in 6 games.

Jackson, Soliai, and Hageman have been a problem against the run. Grady might get some of Clayborn's reps

I don't think he'll take reps per se. Just think Quinn will try some new package combinations or move ppl around in the packages. It's probably gonna be Biermann in pass rush. I think since Scho has played less on pass rush it's suffered a little bit so it may go back to Scho rushing and Jarrett being next to him. Just some different combinations.

Probably eat in hageman snaps. Hageman has been disruptive against the run, but ineffective vs the pass.

Hageman isn't part of the pass rush package. He's in the run package. Sometimes the run package will be caught on the field on a first down pass but clayborn comes in for hageman in the pass rush package.

It's also partially why PA's kill us when we're in our "Base"

PA has nothing to do with Dline. That's on the LB's. You're not passing to the dline area. You're trying to create space in the middle of the field by having the lb's take a false step. Dline goes foward on every play so how would PA effect them?

I don't think he'll take reps per se. Just think Quinn will try some new package combinations or move ppl around in the packages. It's probably gonna be Biermann in pass rush. I think since Scho has played less on pass rush it's suffered a little bit so it may go back to Scho rushing and Jarrett being next to him. Just some different combinations.

i've said this so many times in the last few days i should probably stop. Clayborn needs time at DE..period!!! and Scho, Reed, and Durant should be our base LBs. then Scho needs to move to LDE in nickel. i understand wanting to keep guys fresh but at some point you just gotta keep the best players on the field in both packages...as long as they can handle the assignment...

PA has nothing to do with Dline. That's on the LB's. You're not passing to the dline area. You're trying to create space in the middle of the field by having the lb's take a false step. Dline goes foward on every play so how would PA effect them?

When the QB has all day to throw it, even Trufant's man will get open. We can't sacrifice pass rush for run defense and vice versa, we need players in our base and nickel package that can both rush the passer and stop the run, Rotation is fine, but I'm tired of seeing zero pressure applied to the QB when they decide to throw it before third down.

When the QB has all day to throw it, even Trufant's man will get open. We can't sacrifice pass rush for run defense and vice versa, we need players in our base and nickel package that can both rush the passer and stop the run, Rotation is fine, but I'm tired of seeing zero pressure applied to the QB when they decide to throw it before third down.

Qb's haven't had all day to throw it. If they did you'd see more deep throws. They dink and dunk all day. That's has nothing to do with Dline as far as PA. And as far as pressure we get a lot of pressure. Maybe not sacks but pressure is there. The problem is worrilow can't keep up in the middle of the field with TE's or rb's to be honest. That's why Stupar had been getting more time. Why would you worry about PA when the problem would be more on getting pressure in an obvious passing situation. PA kills worrilow. Not the line. They are not the problem. You can't even really bring up one deep pass off a PA. It was all shirt to intermediate passes in the middle of the field. And if qb's had all that time you're talking about them Tru will have given up a ton of plays right?? He hasn't. And neither has Alf. The problem is still the middle of the field and who plays in the middle?? Worrilow. Durant being out hurt as well. And who plays for Durant?? Bartu. So basically Brees was throwing to the same linebackers that gave up a ton of yards in 13 and 14. That's why he said it's the same team but with the Seahawks defense. He knew he wouldn't be able to throw deep on alf and Tru but he KNEW the middle would be there for easy pickings. A dline can't overcome quick dink and dunk passes unless you have a Patrick Willis or a Ray Lewis or Kulecky to man the middle and cut down that dinking and dunking.

The lack of football knowledge on here is laughable at times.

"It has to be Hageman he hasn't been doing anything. Especially against the pass."

Hageman has been one of our best DL this season against the run & against the pass whenever the base gets caught on a passing down. How can you even play the pass when you're not in our pass rush package? Some of you are idiots that only look at the stat sheet. 😂😂😂

The lack of football knowledge on here is laughable at times.

"It has to be Hageman he hasn't been doing anything. Especially against the pass."

Hageman has been one of our best DL this season against the run & against the pass whenever the base gets caught on a passing down. How can you even play the pass when you're not in our pass rush package? Some of you are idiots that only look at the stat sheet.

Hage has 64 run snaps, 83 pass snaps.

i've said this so many times in the last few days i should probably stop. Clayborn needs time at DE..period!!! and Scho, Reed, and Durant should be our base LBs. then Scho needs to move to LDE in nickel. i understand wanting to keep guys fresh but at some point you just gotta keep the best players on the field in both packages...as long as they can handle the assignment...

i'm so frustrated i'm quoting myself...huh.png

Clayborn is 6'3 280lbs compared to Beasley at 246 (238 tho really right). we have GOT TO put someone on the other side that threatens the QB in base.

Reed is 6"3 254 compared to Worrilow 6'0 230lbs...we need to see if Reed can play MLB. it's that simple...PLUS he's being paid as a core player!!!

to me these changes seem so clear. we know Scho is a good rusher in nickel...play him all 3 downs. Clayborn was a beast at DE before injuries got him. just because Quinn sees value at DT doesn't mean you abandon him at DE. the best players need the snaps...period!! in every package!!! ok.../rant