Hashbrown's Take On Our Effort In New Orleans

HASHBROWN3

I just thought I would make a topic out of my opinion of "the disaster" last night.

I posted this in a thread a little while ago... Feel free to vent with me.

Listen guys. If anyone here thinks Quinn isn't aware of how emotional a hatefest there is regarding Nawlins, then you're not thinking straight.

New Orleans came out with fire in their bellies just like we knew they would. Ultimately, every single disaster that could have happened...did happen.

In fact our clown show of giveaways got so pathetic that, at some point, I asked myself if the game was rigged. Without a doubt, it was the most horrible and frustrating falcons game I have ever witnessed.

I personally blame the entire team. It's difficult for me to give much credit to an overly average Saints team who did nothing except capitalize on one gift after another.

I mean I kept asking myself, OK we dug ourselves a hole and now all we have to do is execute better and eliminate the turnovers and we'll overcome. Instead, we never put two or three positive plays together without a turnover or a miscue.

The fact that this crap fest went down on national TV in new orleans again is what sickens me the most. There is no way that Dan Quinn doesn't realize this. He must. I have personally developed such an unsatisfied, deep down hatred of the Saints that it cannot possibly be healthy.

We've witnessed one too many of these massive, nationally televised, horrendous Atlanta letdowns in New Orleans. Dan Quinn and his staff must understand just how damaging this is to our City and our team.

Unacceptable performance. There are no excuses for that kind of bullchit. When you have a chance to kick the **** out of your arch rival while they're down then you Fing do it. No if's ands or buts. You come out there with flames blazing through your eye sockets and you dominate a weaker team by slamming them to the turf from the first whistle.

Fk you falcons! You disappointed a fan base that needed you to make a statement. Especially with a new regime. That not only hurt us deeply but your pathetic attempt last night embarrassed us to no end.

If Arthur Blank has any hair on his *** whatsoever, he'll be in camp letting this team understand in no uncertain terms that he has zero tolerance for that type of humiliation at the hands of that filthy organization and that he fully expects to see a 1000% improvement in all future efforts against them.

I haven't even begun to fully vent my anger at that performance and it's best that I sign off on this post. Terrible. No excuses. None. All we did is take 5 straight weeks of building this team's reputation to one that was slowly garnering some respect, and pizzed it away down that same ol' famous new orleans sewage drain.

Thanks,

Hash

Guest facelessman07

Venting is healthy

Seriously, pumping weight after something upsetting also helps. Then finish it down with a nice protein shake and some HASH BROWNS!!!

(see what I did there)

Furreal tho, I love hash browns

I'm upset as you can tell. How many of y'all, no matter all of our grandstanding prior to the game, had that little thing inside your gut that kept saying... new orleans...national tv... we have past issues here... etc.. etc..

Then I would talk myself out of it and try to believe that we have a new regime. Man, that was a tough one y'all.

Guest facelessman07

I'm upset as you can tell. How many of y'all, no matter all of our grandstanding prior to the game, had that little thing inside your gut that kept saying... new orleans...national tv... we have past issues here... etc.. etc..

Then I would talk myself out of it and try to believe that we have a new regime. Man, that was a tough one y'all.

Not related to New Orleans but any time you brought up a weakness of the team or something that could use improvement, which for some crazy reason keeps being defined as "negative", you were instantly hit with the flamethrower

Because there was nothing that could be worked on, obviously. And hence having a rational discussion was moot

I can't say I have as much anger as you Hash but there is no doubt that I am seriously disappointed in the effort and execution. It takes a lot to win hearts and minds and we pi$$ed it away on a fumbling and bumbling effort. I guess the hurt I feel is really less about taking a beat down (be it the Stains or anyone else) and more about that I was actually buying into the hype. This loss is on DQ but with few exceptions, everyone should be hanging their heads for that nationally televised disaster.

Not related to New Orleans but any time you brought up a weakness of the team or something that could use improvement, which for some crazy reason keeps being defined as "negative", you were instantly hit with the flamethrower

Because there was nothing that could be worked on, obviously. And hence having a rational discussion was moot

I know I am more of the homer type through and through. And I don't mind when someone critique's our team and points out areas of weakness or areas needing improvement. But I'm also keenly aware of who is doing it and for what purpose or agenda.

I agree with your general post and clearly, regarding our rivalry.... Houston, we have a problem!

Guest facelessman07

I know I am more of the homer type through and through. And I don't mind when someone critique's our team and points out areas of weakness or areas needing improvement. But I'm also keenly aware of who is doing it and for what purpose or agenda.

I agree with your general post and clearly, regarding our rivalry.... Houston, we have a problem!

But everyone has an "agenda" or more clearly defined, an "opinion"

I can't say I have as much anger as you Hash but there is no doubt that I am seriously disappointed in the effort and execution. It takes a lot to win hearts and minds and we pi$$ed it away on a fumbling and bumbling effort. I guess the hurt I feel is really less about taking a beat down (be it the Stains or anyone else) and more about that I was actually buying into the hype. This loss is on DQ but with few exceptions, everyone should be hanging their heads for that nationally televised disaster.

Yeah, I get emotional over the falcs. I tell myself it's a game but i wear this stuff on my sleeve. Glad you can separate yourself from your emotions a bit better than I can. I am not taking that well at all LOL.

just proves we still lack the players to put us with the elite.We need at least one more draft.

We need the players from this draft to step up. I was the biggest Vic Beasley fan after his combine since he weighed in at 246, I figured adding 4 more lbs wouldn't be difficult. Now he says he likes to be 238-240. That's not going to cut it playing on the line in the NFL.

Collins, Coleman, Hardy all need to start making some kind of impact as we get into the second half of the season. Our draft class got rave reviews for being an immediate impact kind of draft, but we've barely gotten anything out of them. Our 1 year "prove it" free agents have shown why they were available for 1 year contracts. Our two multi year linebackers have been hurt. It's just a mess. The improvements we've seen are only because the players we already had aren't asked to do the ridiculous things they were under the last regime and better offensive play designs.

I just feel like this year might be one of those years where our record is much better than our actual team, thus not allowing us to get the high draft picks we actually need to improve the team. That's the Falcons curse. Play just well enough some years to screw yourself out of acquiring talent and then the bottom falls out when all we have are average prospects.

We need the players from this draft to step up. I was the biggest Vic Beasley fan after his combine since he weighed in at 246, I figured adding 4 more lbs wouldn't be difficult. Now he says he likes to be 238-240. That's not going to cut it playing on the line in the NFL.

Collins, Coleman, Hardy all need to start making some kind of impact as we get into the second half of the season. Our draft class got rave reviews for being an immediate impact kind of draft, but we've barely gotten anything out of them. Our 1 year "prove it" free agents have shown why they were available for 1 year contracts. Our two multi year linebackers have been hurt. It's just a mess. The improvements we've seen are only because the players we already had aren't asked to do the ridiculous things they were under the last regime and better offensive play designs.

I just feel like this year might be one of those years where our record is much better than our actual team, thus not allowing us to get the high draft picks we actually need to improve the team. That's the Falcons curse. Play just well enough some years to screw yourself out of acquiring talent and then the bottom falls out when all we have are average prospects.

Didn't hear much from Scho or Reed last night either. Beasley will come around man. But he's got lots of work to do.

I want us to seriously consider drafting this fella in 2016 as well.

big-board-sua-cravens.jpg
SU'A CRAVENS, S
Junior, USC
The Trojans line up Cravens at a hybrid linebacker/safety spot, so the NFL will have ample tape to watch when figuring out his best fit. Odds are his NFL position will fall awfully close to his current role. Cravens (6'1", 225 pounds) is a physical defender who makes a marked impact in the box.

Makes no sense why some are like that.

Well said