Not Bad For A Rebuilding Year Plus I Want To Give A Shoutout

Xfactor

We were in turmoil HC, OC, DC gone players leaving we were a forgotten team. We had a good run except for the last two years and the label that had followed us around we couldn't escape, Same Old Falcons. The media jumped at the chance to kick a team when it was down most predicting 4-12 well below .500 for the upcoming season.

The only bright spot for the fans here and everywhere was the interview process of our new HC and and a new beginning. At least maybe just maybe we could reclaim a little respect we had just a few years ago. But the interview process seem to go on forever letting one candidate walk after another Same Old Falcons.

Here on the boards a couple of names kept popping as the favorites on their wish list me personally I wanted some one totally opposite from Smith someone who would inject life into the slumbering team and for me Rex Ryan was the obvious choice with his demeanor a knack for defense and exposure he never met a camera he didn't like. Other names that popped up were Josh McDaniels , Todd Bowles and someone I wasn't familiar with the DC for the Seahawks Dan Quinn who pundits were even questioning did he even help with the D or inherit a great D and was riding the wave of success.

Everyone was banging their drums hard for their candidate and one name that kept popping up in Quinns corner was Gritz. I know there were many more but I learned more about Quinn from Gritz than I did the media.

Looking back what a disaster bringing Ryan in would have been first the tattoo parlor coverage. Then a pic of him partying right before camp and now ? Making his players do push ups due to their performance ******* high school coaching .

After finding an interview with Quinn while in Seattle the one thing I noticed was how he came across, his quick thinking, communication skills and determination which obviously has translated over to the team as I had hope for.

For everyone who wanted Dan Quinn my hats off to you. What he's accomplished in such a short period of time I could never have dreamed we would be here in our first year. Hats off to Arthur Blank who took his time and didn't panic when Seattle went to the Super Bowl.

Good job everyone who backed Quinn and umm cough please forgive me for wanting Ryan here.

One last thing with Quinn as our HC we aren't the Same Old Falcons.

In fairness there were a few others on here who were banging the drum for Quinn too.

I did my homework. The thing that completely swayed me that Quinn was the right guy for the Falcons was hearing what all of the players ever associated with him had to say.

Players love Quinn...without Quinn being their "buddy."

In fairness there were a few others on here who were banging the drum for Quinn too.

I did my homework. The thing that completely swayed me that Quinn was the right guy for the Falcons was hearing what all of the players ever associated with him had to say.

I couldn't remember their names sad.png but I remembered learning a lot form the information you would post about this guy on the west coast named Quinn

I think this is more of a re-tool than a rebuild. The only thing that has really been rebuilt is the interior offensive line. Every other starter on offense was on the team last year except for Tamme. In the starting base defense, every player was on the team last year except Reed, Durant and Beasley.

I think this is more of a re-tool than a rebuild. The only thing that has really been rebuilt is the interior offensive line. Every other starter on offense was on the team last year except for Tamme. In the starting base defense, every player was on the team last year except Reed, Durant and Beasley.

Totally agree I was going to mention that but I had rambled long enough but you just said it perfectly.

Quinn and his Staff have done an outstanding job at exploiting the percentages on

offense and the Red Hot poker up the defensive aszes has got the defense going

in the right dirrection.

Percentages are the coaches advantage over the league and that advantage

dissapears after 24 games (or thereabouts).

The beauty of thas is that will give Quinn 2 more drafts to overhaul the defense.

I wanted the Old School WCO Coach, but was never against Quinn.

Shanny was the one that I was the most concerned about.

Clearly the guy is getting the utmost out of the offense.,,, and we are not

seeing the Waggle me Left, Waggle me Right up the gut on 1st and 10.

The 'Aints on the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will just leave it at that!

The thing that has surprised me more than anything is the lack of drop in production as starters come out for a rest or out for the whole game. A lot of the players that are making plays are the same guys who were here last year.

The amount of production, grit, bad-assness that Quinn has gotten out this team is remarkable. FINALLY I feel the RISE UP slogan means something

I couldn't remember their names sad.png but I remembered learning a lot form the information you would post about this guy on the west coast named Quinn

Gritz and myself were driving that train from jump. This is the first time as a fan that the Falcons ever hired the coach I wanted them to hire so it's kinda special for me...

Gritz and myself were driving that train from jump. This is the first time as a fan that the Falcons ever hired the coach I wanted them to hire so it's kinda special for me...

Yep. Cappy, you knew a lot about him from his days as the Gators D-coordinator.

Guest facelessman07

Remember when a select few were changing their avatars constantly in January according to the "coaching flavor of the month?"

Good times

We were never in a rebuilding mode. We just retooled. Rebuilding would be getting rid of your franchise qb, your stud WR, your young stud CB and draft a whole new set of franchise players with a new coach. That's not what we did. Most of our starters were already on the team. Quinn brought in better depth but we weren't in rebuild mode. We've always been in win now mode.

We were never in a rebuilding mode. We just retooled. Rebuilding would be getting rid of your franchise qb, your stud WR, your young stud CB and draft a whole new set of franchise players with a new coach. That's not what we did. Most of our starters were already on the team. Quinn brought in better depth but we weren't in rebuild mode. We've always been in win now mode.

I agree. We didn't plant a new tree we just pruned the one that was already there. I said in another thread that I am not shocked at all to be 5-0. I don't even consider this a turn-around or comeback year. I think we have been held back by injuries and coaching/FO blind spots. As a team we have not been over-achievers we have been under-achievers and our best days are still ahead.

I copied this real quick when I sensed a board crash coming so I have it handy. It just so happens to fit in this thread too.

As far as I am concerned everything is gravy. I never expected to be what we are right now. I saw and still see us needing another year or even two to get right and be the dominant team we all want. I expected around 8/8 on the year with the possibilities of more and strong possibilities of less. So yes, as far as I am concerned being at 5-0 and winning the way we are is just gravy on top of an already great year. The year was a win and a great one back in Aug, before that in May and even before that. It was great the day we hired Quinn and then had an awesome draft. It was great the day we signed Julio. All this winning so quickly into the regime change is all gravy baby!

This is the main reason why won't see me going crazy over bad games and players dealing with intensive scheme changes. What we're doing right now wasn't expected and is above my previous expectations for the year. I am just happy to enjoy the ride and watch it all unfold. I think right now we're winning in our minds mainly. The seasons to come our talent will catch up and then we will truly be dangerous. I'm loving this.

Simply put Quinn is a leader of men.

I never expected to be what we are right now. I saw and still see us needing another year or even two to get right and be the dominant team

Coming in I doubt Quinn had more than 2 years. The hot seat that got Smitty fired hasn't cooled yet.

My expectations are actually quite high. If this defense holds and continues to play 60 minutes instead of 30 I see no reason at all why we can't get it done this year. That is my mindset now. I will allow for the fact we face challenges with scheme changes and injuries but there will always be challenges... just get it done. Keep Ryan on his feet and have a defense play 4 quarters and miracles can happen.

Coming in I doubt Quinn had more than 2 years. The hot seat that got Smitty fired hasn't cooled yet.

My expectations are actually quite high. If this defense holds and continues to play 60 minutes instead of 30 I see no reason at all why we can't get it done this year. That is my mindset now. I will allow for the fact we face challenges with scheme changes and injuries but there will always be challenges... just get it done. Keep Ryan on his feet and have a defense play 4 quarters and miracles can happen.

Agree 200%. I stated back then before Smitty got fired that it wouldn't be a hard fix. It was really just a matter of playing guys in their right positions or using them right and getting better depth. I emphasized we needed a change of philosophy and scheme. Both of those things have gotten us to 5-0 thus far.

Agree 200%. I stated back then before Smitty got fired that it wouldn't be a hard fix. It was really just a matter of playing guys in their right positions or using them right and getting better depth. I emphasized we needed a change of philosophy and scheme. Both of those things have gotten us to 5-0 thus far.

Well I agree with you 300% so I am in the lead.

Yep, I am competitive.

Been some time since we chatted. I look forward to our next personal philosophy exchange.

Well, the key words were "The dominant team we all want". That doesn't or didn't mean some resemblance of a winning team wasn't required by Blank. A lot of people were seemingly expecting the Atlanta SeaFalcs in year one. That kind of dominant defense is going to take a year or two.