That Was One H*ll Of A Sunday At The Georgia Dome!

Being a fan of a team in a city you are hardly ever able to visit (and have never lived) is a unique experience. You find ways to keep up: bars, Sunday Ticket, occasionally slightly less than legal online links. You get to the away games that come near your hometown. You become friends with awesome message board members and live vicariously through them.

And then the stars align and you make it to a home game for the first time since 2008.

Incidentally (or not so incidentally), the home game you attended in 2008 is the ONLY home game the team lost that year. So when your beloved quarterback who you expected to have a field day against a depleted secondary throws 2 INTs and fumbles the ball, when your steely kicker who never misses within the 50 misses TWICE within the 50, you begin to wonder if you are unintentionally bringing some sort of voodoo curse into the Georgia Dome.

Then your quarterback FINALLY gets it together, as he somehow always does when you tell him, "Hey man, you've sucked all day, but you have 2 minutes to get a touchdown here, why don't you go and do that?" Then he throws what you think is the game-winning pass, and it sets off a raucous party in your section. THEN the refs overturn it and make it 4th and 2. Then Roddy White and Free give a f*ck you to the refs and punch it right in again. You go wild AGAIN with all the fans around you.

And then 24 seconds later, it's in overtime and the opposing team has marched all the way to the 50. You're ... well, you're muttering some words that aren't allowed on this board. Then, in the span of no more than 10 seconds, Alford is racing to the end zone, and you absolutely lose your mind, along with everyone around you.

That was Sunday.

From running into Tandy and her gorgeous little baby great-granddaughter as soon as I walked on to Falcons Landing - through sitting with a pair of the most hilarious women I've ever met ("Get Matt Ryan a f***ing drink, and calm his a$$ down") - through that epic finish, what a Sunday.

I know it was an ugly game and left plenty of question marks. I know it's only the fifth game into the season and doesn't mean a ton in the grand scheme. But when you only get to be surrounded by fellow fans in your team's home stadium once every 7 years or so, a game and ending like that one is REALLY special.

Thanks, Falcons. Can't wait until the next one!

I can't wait. I'm going to my first (and probably last) game at the dome in Dec. As a fan who has only seen the Falcons when the come close to where I am and always living in towns with other teams I am rather excited to just walk into a Target and see Falcons stuff on the racks rather than Bears crap.

Being a fan of a team in a city you are hardly ever able to visit (and have never lived) is a unique experience. You find ways to keep up: bars, Sunday Ticket, occasionally slightly less than legal online links. You get to the away games that come near your hometown. You become friends with awesome message board members and live vicariously through them.

And then the stars align and you make it to a home game for the first time since 2008.

Incidentally (or not so incidentally), the home game you attended in 2008 is the ONLY home game the team lost that year. So when your beloved quarterback who you expected to have a field day against a depleted secondary throws 2 INTs and fumbles the ball, when your steely kicker who never misses within the 50 misses TWICE within the 50, you begin to wonder if you are unintentionally bringing some sort of voodoo curse into the Georgia Dome.

Then your quarterback FINALLY gets it together, as he somehow always does when you tell him, "Hey man, you've sucked all day, but you have 2 minutes to get a touchdown here, why don't you go and do that?" Then he throws what you think is the game-winning pass, and it sets off a raucous party in your section. THEN the refs overturn it and make it 4th and 2. Then Roddy White and Free give a f*ck you to the refs and punch it right in again. You go wild AGAIN with all the fans around you.

And then 24 seconds later, it's in overtime and the opposing team has marched all the way to the 50. You're ... well, you're muttering some words that aren't allowed on this board. Then, in the span of no more than 10 seconds, Alford is racing to the end zone, and you absolutely lose your mind, along with everyone around you.

That was Sunday.

From running into Tandy and her gorgeous little baby great-granddaughter as soon as I walked on to Falcons Landing - through sitting with a pair of the most hilarious women I've ever met ("Get Matt Ryan a f***ing drink, and calm his a$$ down") - through that epic finish, what a Sunday.

I know it was an ugly game and left plenty of question marks. I know it's only the fifth game into the season and doesn't mean a ton in the grand scheme. But when you only get to be surrounded by fellow fans in your team's home stadium once every 7 years or so, a game and ending like that one is REALLY special.

LOL great write up ..... A Falcons game is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Sunday was that crappy orange maple nutty stuff but it still was sweet at the end

This past Sunday was my original pick for a game to attend this season. I swerved and picked the Texans because I wanted a cheaper game ticket and felt the Texans game was a blowout (called it back in June...boom).

Given the heart attack-inducing finish, I stand by my decision!

That was Sunday.

AWESOME!

I'm so happy you were able to experience a game like that. The absolute jubilation of every other fan you see on the way out is what makes those games truly special.

And when you're in the moment all you want is the win. You don't care how anyone played to that point. All you want is for someone to make a play. And when it happens..... There aren't many things that feel better than that in life.

AWESOME!

I'm so happy you were able to experience a game like that. The absolute jubilation of every other fan you see on the way out is what makes those games truly special.

And when you're in the moment all you want is the win. You don't care how anyone played to that point. All you want is for someone to make a play. And when it happens..... There aren't many things that feel better than that in life.

Perfect description. I'm still on a high from it.

That was Sunday.

It was most definitely a nitro-glycerin, hormone detrimental, emotional roller coaster!

Loved meeting you and "Mom" at the Landing. You guys are great - and I'm always so filled with pride to see our fans make the effort to be supportive wherever and however they possibly can.

As for that sweet little great-granddaughter of mine - she had a blast - clapping with everyone - she was loving it. Until .....

12108787_10206587005266721_2665208294578

It was most definitely a nitro-glycerin, hormone detrimental, emotional roller coaster!

Loved meeting you and "Mom" at the Landing. You guys are great - and I'm always so filled with pride to see our fans make the effort to be supportive wherever and however they possibly can.

As for that sweet little great-granddaughter of mine - she had a blast - clapping with everyone - she was loving it. Until .....

12108787_10206587005266721_2665208294578

How was the son in law/grandson in law (I can't remember which it was), oh ****, the Redskins fan on the ride back?