Julio Not Concerned With His Injuries

KRUNKuno

Julio Jones not praying and worrying at the same time about injuries

ATLANTA -- Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones is not too concerned about the hamstring and toe injuries that caused him to be questionable leading into Sunday's 25-19 overtime win over theWashington Redskins.

Jones ended up playing 73 of 80 offensive snaps despite being banged up. He finished the game with five catches for 67 yards on 10 targets, plus he recovered aDevonta Freeman fumble in the end zone for a touchdown.

Jones spent extensive time stretching out his tight right hamstring prior to kickoff.

"I know you can't play this game 100 percent," Jones said. "It's very rare that you can be able to play this game at 100 percent. You can do one thing; you can't do both: You can't pray and then worry at the same time. I pray, and that's it. And then I just go play. Whatever happens, happens."

Jones said there is no doubt he'll be ready to face the New Orleans Saints on Thursday night despite the quick turnaround.

"I feel great now," Jones told ESPN's Josina Anderson in a postgame interview immediately after getting treatment.

Jones has been on the injury report ever since experiencing hamstring soreness in the season opener against Philadelphia. He has been held out of three practices since the Eagles game and limited in six of them. He was listed as probable going into games against the New York Giants, the Dallas Cowboys, and Houston Texansbefore being listed as questionable for the Redskins. The toe injury surfaced the week of the Texans game.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see Jones continue a limited practice schedule in preparation for game day. The Falcons have to think about the long term and not aggravating either of the injuries. Fortunately for Jones, the toe injury is not related to turf toe.

Quarterback Matt Ryan was asked if he had any concerns about Jones' nicks and bruises.

"He's so tough, he really is," Ryan said. "He's a warrior. He wants to compete. Again, he comes out and plays as hard as he possibly can every time he goes out onto the field. I love having him in our locker room. We're just fortunate that he's a part of our organization."

Tight end Jacob Tamme expressed equal respect for Jones.

"I don't worry too much about him," Tamme said. "He's like everybody. You've got stuff going on [with injuries]. But he's pretty tough. He's just pretty tough."

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/16609/julio-jones-not-praying-and-worrying-at-the-same-time-about-injuries

Edited by KRUNKuno

I'll be happy when the Taints game is over....Except for the bye week it will be the only break in the season where Julio's body (and other players too) can heal up a bit.

Glad he's feeling good abt himself can't wait til thurs... should be entertaining and I think Matt will have his best game of the yr...

This.

I think Ryan is going to feast on that weak Taint defense.