A Saints Fans Thread...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny.... Saints Fans were telling us that we played us eagles bad team and now they played against top flight opponent.

I actually thought Peat acquitted himself very well. Drew took too long on a few of those plays where his man got past him, but he otherwise held up very well against a top flight opponent.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/thoughts-what-happened-sunday-347558/#.VhyCYCFViko

Of the 2; Was losing Sproles or Graham the most responsible for Offense woes?

Are your defensive issues, mostly personnel, mostly Rob Ryan or both.

Is Sean back on the back pills?

Will Brees end his career as a Saint or with another team?

The loss of Sproles really hurt last year. The offense put up numbers, but would stall out for large portions of the game. We didn't have that guy we could check it down to and he would make somebody miss and pick up a first down. The Graham trade hurts because he's such a mismatch. We don't really have that go to guy this year. Somebody you can throw to even if they're covered.

I think the defense is a mixture of both. But let's be realistic, we have $30 million tied up in guys who don't play for us. We're simply void of talent right now. We have a **** ton of rookies playing a bunch of snaps. They're learning on the fly. I think it will improve as the year goes on. We just have to deal with growing pains. Having said that, I don't think Ryan is doing a great job getting the most out of everybody. I don't feel like he's playing to strengths.

I wish Sean would get back on the pills. :lol:

A year ago I would swear he'll retire a Saint. Right now? I honestly have no idea.

Funny.... Saints Fans were telling us that we played us eagles bad team and now they played against top flight opponent.

I actually thought Peat acquitted himself very well. Drew took too long on a few of those plays where his man got past him, but he otherwise held up very well against a top flight opponent.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/thoughts-what-happened-sunday-347558/#.VhyCYCFViko

The Eagles are a bad team. That's why the blow out loss is so demoralizing. But they have a legit dline. I think that's all the poster is talking about. I thought Peat played well against a good pass rushing team.

5-0 takes care of that

Yeah but eventually a qb situation like the Falcons have, has to be answered.

Look at the 49ers now.... Crappy qb play has caught up to them.....even though back when they were in the SB and b2b2b NFCCG their fans bragged about Kaep being the one responsible for all of those wins.

Like it also caught up with the Sanchez led Jets...... when they made it to the AFCCG in back to back years. .and then they realized what the Falcons are realizing now with their own team, that they had a qb that couldn't elevate the play of those around him.

At least the Falcons thought ahead and gave Ryan an extremely team friendly contract,........similar to the one that kaep got.. so they could release their "problem".

Look at the 49ers now.... Crappy qb play has caught up to them.....even though back when they were in the SB and b2b2b NFCCG their fans bragged about Kaep being the one responsible for all of those wins.

Like it also caught up with the Sanchez led Jets...... when they made it to the AFCCG in back to back years. .and then they realized what the Falcons are realizing now with their own team, that they had a qb that couldn't elevate the play of those around him.

At least the Falcons thought ahead and gave Ryan an extremely team friendly contract,........similar to the one that kaep got.. so they could release their "problem".

Keep dreamin' Bubba! Posting BS on a MB and thinking it makes a difference is actually still BS on a MB.

and in this very thread, we see the two extremes of fans of every team. We've had some Falcons fans really out of line here with some of their comments toward OP while some of us have tried to have decent conversation with him.

Then we also see him come in here trying to have a decent conversation, and you come in here with this idiocy and turn what was a relatively decent thread into something the OP never intended it to be.

I honestly laughed right out loud at your post here, while at the same time was saddened by it. You do your fellow team fan a great injustice trying to turn his thread into smack garbage. There are places here where that is tolerated, but You're the perfect example of why so many of our fans did exactly that same thing. That old saying that there is 'one in every crowd' has proven to be true, only multiplied some.

Edited by papachaz

100,000 sperm and you were the one who made it?

Sup man, been a while!

Good to see you, love hate week!

This should be a crazy good game. Dan Quinn's first Saints game and you guys having a bad year will make both teams go xtra hard. Can't wait!

What's going on boss man! How's life treating you?

This is my favorite game of the year. I'm hoping I get a call in the next couple days about tickets. So I can go watch us get killed in person lol.

Say S 4 L, why did your admin kick me off "saintsreport" message board when they found out I was a Falcon fan? I wasn't smacking or anything. You think you can get me a pass over there to post?

Lol. I don't post there much. I have about 4x the posts here as I do there. I go there for news. Not a whole bunch else.

I don't think anyone who has been a fan of these franchises past the 2006 expects this game to be a blow out. Regardless of what a few people say this is a rival game, and both teams know each others personnel very well.

Right now the Falcons hold the overall record as well as making the sweep last year but that really doesn't mean anything. Bree's will throw his arm out before he lets us walk into the Superdome and get an easy victory.

I am in fact confident in the game just because there is one aspect of football that transcends rivalries and home field advantages well and that is a run game, we have one and I am not sure how well the Saints can stop it and keep our passing game in check.

I expect a good solid close game with the Falcons on top and Freeman forcing RR to shed a few tears before games end. Have a good game saints4life25 and be sure to enjoy a few drinks for us not making it.

Just don't start a drinking game on anything involving freeman, yards or freeman and TDs and you will have a good time.

saints4life25,

I want to thank you for giving answers and insight that make this board a place that increases the pleasure of watching the game. I live in Dallas and went to the Dallas/Falcons game and the Dallas fans saw my Falcons gear and at first teased me. Then the game began and I was able to answer a lot of questions they had about our team. It made their game day experience better because all they knew was Dallas slanted.

Even if you are a fan of a rival team, you are a true fan. Defend your colors well, God knows I have done a lot of that since 1966. Thanks

How badly do you want to win? I have seen some of your comments about being ready for Payton to move on. If we win Thurs you will be not only 0-3 in the division you would be 1-5 in the NFC. Obviously there is still a lot of football to play but you know as well as I that is already a nasty hole that could get a coach fired.