A Saints Fans Thread...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Falcon-Saints rivalry hatred is real. It's a living thing.

There is no doubt however, that the 2 games we play against the Saints are the 2 games I pencil in as the best, most exciting, nerve wrecking, and definitely most looked forward to games of the year during the regular season.

Here's to another hard fought, damned the records and the media hype, damned the outside world who doesn't understand this rivalry, 60 full and sometimes beyond, play like you've never played before and bring the passion, fire and energy to the game, cardiac arrest inducing, and injury free minutes, game!

Go Falcons - Rise Up! Stomp the AINTS!

There is no doubt however, that the 2 games we play against the Saints are the 2 games I pencil in as the best, most exciting, nerve wrecking, and definitely most looked forward to games of the year during the regular season.

Here's to another hard fought, damned the records and the media hype, damned the outside world who doesn't understand this rivalry, 60 full and sometimes beyond, play like you've never played before and bring the passion, fire and energy to the game, cardiac arrest inducing, and injury free minutes, game!

You were working on a +1!

Then the end happened. ;)

Hey OP, quick question

What kind of defense do yall run?

I'm looking at the depth chart and you've got big, run stopping DTs in Jenkins and Williams, who is a run stopper more than sack artist at this point in his career. Both your ends are 280+, which means no speed rush off the edge from Richardson or Jordan.

With that front, you'd think you're trying to put guys in third and longs and blitz your LBs on third down with man coverage, yet you're the 31st ranked defense in the league. On top of that you only have 7 sacks. Yes, we have 6, but we're turning the ball over at twice the rate.

What the heIl is Ryan trying to run? From the personnel and performance, it looks like he replicated Nolan's defensive scheme we ran last year.

Hey OP, quick question

What kind of defense do yall run?

I'm looking at the depth chart and you've got big, run stopping DTs in Jenkins and Williams, who is a run stopper more than sack artist at this point in his career. Both your ends are 280+, which means no speed rush off the edge from Richardson or Jordan.

With that front, you'd think you're trying to put guys in third and longs and blitz your LBs on third down with man coverage, yet you're the 31st ranked defense in the league. On top of that you only have 7 sacks. Yes, we have 6, but we're turning the ball over at twice the rate.

What the heIl is Ryan trying to run? From the personnel and performance, it looks like he replicated Nolan's defensive scheme we ran last year.

We've been running some kind of Cover 3, which has actually equated to cover nobody lol. The middle of the field has absolutely killed us. The problem with running a cover 3 is that it depends on getting after the QB and not allowing those crossing routes to develop. We can't pressure the QB. So while he's sitting back there making a sandwich, guys are getting open between the linebackers and the safety.

Couple that with Browners amazing penalty problem (Jordan had a sack yesterday wiped away because of a Browner penalty) and his inability to cover and you have the recipe for a bad defense. Browner has been awful. I'm really hoping he sees less snaps when Lewis gets back.

Also, I don't think people realize how much the Galette release hurt this defense. He was our best pass rusher. Losing him has lost us the ability to do a lot of things on defense.

I think the saints should go after the pats offensive coordinator as their next head coach, what would you say to that decision? Who do you think they should go after?

Josh Mcdaniels? I'd kill myself. I'm fine with Payton, as long as he absolutely cleans house this offseason and brings in a d coordinator that's allowed to bring his guys with him.

Exactly

We're not going to cozy up to saints fans during rivalry week...not going to do it...just can't do it!

We've been running some kind of Cover 3, which has actually equated to cover nobody lol. The middle of the field has absolutely killed us. The problem with running a cover 3 is that it depends on getting after the QB and not allowing those crossing routes to develop. We can't pressure the QB. So while he's sitting back there making a sandwich, guys are getting open between the linebackers and the safety.

Couple that with Browners amazing penalty problem (Jordan had a sack yesterday wiped away because of a Browner penalty) and his inability to cover and you have the recipe for a bad defense. Browner has been awful. I'm really hoping he sees less snaps when Lewis gets back.

Also, I don't think people realize how much the Galette release hurt this defense. He was our best pass rusher. Losing him has lost us the ability to do a lot of things on defense.

Thanks!

And trust me, we definitely know how much the Galette release hurt. It was an early Christmas over here for us when that happened. It's just interesting seeing pro coaches run such awful schemes and it makes no sense what they're trying to do. I hope we can capitalize on it big time on Thursday.

I hated the Graham trade. I'm very pleased with Anthony and Unger, I'm just not sure at the moment. I think the trade will need a few years to see how it works out. Let Anthony develop.

I think it could be. Before the season I wouldn't have said that. He seems to be losing the locker room.

That trade hurt both teams bad

Do you think the Saints will be drafting a QB in round 1 of the draft next year?

I think it's a possibility, depending on draft placement and who's available.

What do you think of the possibility of Benson wanting to move the team to San Antonio or maybe L.A.? It could have happened post Katrina, could it still be a possibility?

No.

On a serious note. What do you think about the way the Falcons are built right now.

A few years ago New Orleans was stacked. I'm kinda thinking the Falcons looked stacked at the moment.

You agree OP?

Not sure stacked is the word I would use. I think it's a talented group, with some holes that good teams can exploit. I said the other day that they remind of the 06 Saints. Talented enough to win and playing for a coach they believe in.

I do think the future is bright.

Galette F'ed your cap too, would have been tight next year, but a Brees restructure would have made enough room to do a few things.