A Saints Fans Thread...

and in this very thread, we see the two extremes of fans of every team. We've had some Falcons fans really out of line here with some of their comments toward OP while some of us have tried to have decent conversation with him.

Then we also see him come in here trying to have a decent conversation, and you come in here with this idiocy and turn what was a relatively decent thread into something the OP never intended it to be.

I honestly laughed right out loud at your post here, while at the same time was saddened by it. You do your fellow team fan a great injustice trying to turn his thread into smack garbage. There are places here where that is tolerated, but You're the perfect example of why so many of our fans did exactly that same thing. That old saying that there is 'one in every crowd' has proven to be true, only multiplied some.

Agree 100% saints4life you are welcome here.

Nice to get some great insight from a rival fan and some good football discussion.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How badly do you want to win? I have seen some of your comments about being ready for Payton to move on. If we win Thurs you will be not only 0-3 in the division you would be 1-5 in the NFC. Obviously there is still a lot of football to play but you know as well as I that is already a nasty hole that could get a coach fired.

Personally, I wouldn't say I want Payton to move on. I think he's a great coach. I just want him to realize the things the team needs and make the necessary changes.

I want to win every game. I don't care what the record is.

Personally, I wouldn't say I want Payton to move on. I think he's a great coach. I just want him to realize the things the team needs and make the necessary changes.

I want to win every game. I don't care what the record is.

You are one of the better saints fans I ever met. All the ones around here (SC) act like they have not lost a game in 15 years.

I don't think anyone who has been a fan of these franchises past the 2006 expects this game to be a blow out.

C'mon man. Don't speak for the entire fanbase. Just cause you think the fanbase thinks one way doesn't mean it's true.

I think this will be a ROFLSTOMP!!!

Falcons will SMASH the stains; Stains fans will say "Falcons had easy opponents" and we will Laugh at them and say YUP "The Stains are a dumpster team"

So, there's a Julio may not play thread on SR. Here's some of the highlights.

"...The way our defense has been playing, he could pull another Flipper Anderson against us."

"...He played on one leg last time against us and destroyed our defense."

"so if Jones doesn't play only White has a career day against the Saints not both"

"...Lol some of those Falcon teams would have been unstoppable if they didn't have Smith holding them back. Random thought."

"...Does it really matter? We can't stop anybody...We barely beat a crippled Cowboys team...If Jones doesn't play(although I believe he will) then Hankerson will be the one torching Browner and drawing penalties on him all night"

More from the thread:

We got burned by James Winston. Doesn't matter.

they prob dont need him with the way the RB is playing, and add hankerson ( which i have both in fantasy football!!) [i can't do that, I play some daily fantasy, never play for the Falcons to lose.]

On national TV, I just hope we don't get blown out like they did the Suc's last year.... That would be devastating for the Who Dat Nation

I'll just post this here, since so many want it:

2lbs seasoning (bell pepper, fresh garlic, onion, celery)

2lbs meat (I use boneless skinless chicken thighs and smoked sausage. I know people who use Boston butt and stuff like that. Shrimp works good as well, just have to cook it different so you don't overcook the shrimp.)

1 can Golden Mushroom

1 can Cream of Mushroom

1 can Rotell tomatoes (original, hot WILL burn your *** lol. I don't use the entire can. I use 3/4 of a can and drain the juice first. I don't like a real red base, but that's personal preference.)

2 cups rice

1 cup water

This should be done in a cast iron pot.

Mince your seasoning up well. Put in pot and start browning. Set your stove around medium. Be sure to stir the seasoning as it will stick. This is to brown and season your pot. Once your seasoning is cooked down well, remove it. Add in your chopped meat. I season my meat with Lawrys Seasoned Salt, Tonys, garlic powder, and black pepper. Season to taste. You want it to be really flavorful, because as you add the cans and rice, it will lose some of it. Cook your meat and add back in the seasoning. I let that cook together for a few minutes and then add all 3 cans. Cook and stir, usually for around 5-7 minutes, until it's hot. Then add rice and water. Be sure to continue to stir mixture as it cooks. The rice will stick. Cover it between stirring. Cook until rice is done.

So, there's a Julio may not play thread on SR. Here's some of the highlights.

"...The way our defense has been playing, he could pull another Flipper Anderson against us."

"...He played on one leg last time against us and destroyed our defense."

"so if Jones doesn't play only White has a career day against the Saints not both"

"...Lol some of those Falcon teams would have been unstoppable if they didn't have Smith holding them back. Random thought."

"...Does it really matter? We can't stop anybody...We barely beat a crippled Cowboys team...If Jones doesn't play(although I believe he will) then Hankerson will be the one torching Browner and drawing penalties on him all night"

Why waste Julio on this game? You don't take the Ferrari to WalMart.

2lbs meat (I use boneless skinless chicken thighs and smoked sausage. I know people who use Boston butt and stuff like that. Shrimp works good as well, just have to cook it different so you don't overcook the shrimp.)

1 can Golden Mushroom

1 can Cream of Mushroom

1 can Rotell tomatoes (original, hot WILL burn your *** lol. I don't use the entire can. I use 3/4 of a can and drain the juice first. I don't like a real red base, but that's personal preference.)

2 cups rice

1 cup water

Mince your seasoning up well. Put in pot and start browning. Set your stove around medium. Be sure to stir the seasoning as it will stick. This is to brown and season your pot. Once your seasoning is cooked down well, remove it. Add in your chopped meat. I season my meat with Lawrys Seasoned Salt, Tonys, garlic powder, and black pepper. Season to taste. You want it to be really flavorful, because as you add the cans and rice, it will lose some of it. Cook your meat and add back in the seasoning. I let that cook together for a few minutes and then add all 3 cans. Cook and stir, usually for around 5-7 minutes, until it's hot. Then add rice and water. Be sure to continue to stir mixture as it cooks. The rice will stick. Cover it between stirring. Cook until rice is done.

Hmm, Golden Mushroom and Cream of Mushroom would be new to what I do, the rest is similar, although mine varies on if I'm too hungry to spend time roasting garlic, green peppers, jalapenos, or just throw it all in a pressure cooker and eat in 30 minutes.

Hmm, Golden Mushroom and Cream of Mushroom would be new to what I do, the rest is similar, although mine varies on if I'm too hungry to spend time roasting garlic, green peppers, jalapenos, or just throw it all in a pressure cooker and eat in 30 minutes.

It's a bit time consuming, but if you want to cut down on time, you could buy the already chopped frozen seasoning and jar garlic. I enjoy cooking, so don't mind the time.

1 can Golden Mushroom

1 can Cream of Mushroom

2 cups rice

1 cup water

I may not care for your football team much, but many thx for sharing that recipe.....made me hungry just reading the words

It's a bit time consuming, but if you want to cut down on time, you could buy the already chopped frozen seasoning and jar garlic. I enjoy cooking, so don't mind the time.

Yeah, like I said, depends on my mood, and what I do or do not forget to buy while I'm at the store. I always have a giant jar of chopped garlic onhand. Roasting it all, tomatoes included, definitely is rewarding in the long-run. I'm hungry as **** now...

Could you please list all of the different ways to prepare shrimp?

For me, the best way to prepare shrimp for serving is open the garbage can lid. Shrimp are sea-roaches. I have a hard, fast rule about eating anything that could/would skitter under my refrigerator, has more than 4 legs, or antennae.

Edited by jaschart

Gotcha. Can't say I've ever watched it lol.

Thursday night might be a good night to ...no...just watch the game. Tom Hanks hasn't done anything decent since Bosom Buddies.

I love me some shrimp. All seafood, really.

I liked shrimp until I saw all the legs and antennae in the freezer case. That's a pest, not a food.

Jambalaya is the shiznit

Indeed. I'll probably be going the easy route as far as prep time Thursday, but I believe that and some cheap American piss beer will be my meal of choice Thursday Night. For those bachelors who don't have a pressure cooker, get a pressure cooker. Meat + spices + rice/beans + water/broth(date night) + 30 minutes = dinner.

Edited by jaschart

1 can Golden Mushroom

1 can Cream of Mushroom

2 cups rice

1 cup water

Man! Thanks for this! I've been looking for a jambalaya/paella recipe for a while now.