Matt Bryant Was B R I L L I A N T Sunday!

Downvote Don

Edit: Bumping because . . . . people.

Although spiritual but agnostic in my family life, I am devout and certain in my faith that the Gods of Football are all powerful when it comes to field goals.

As we learned in the 1998 NFC Championship game, The Gods abhor perfection and will smite with fury those who engage in the folly of seeking same.

Sacrifices must be made. Last week, I thought the Falcons missed an opportunity to appease the Gods when they took a knee after the final touchdown, rather than attempting, and MISSING the extra point.

But in retrospect, the Gods would have certainly recognized the attempt at manipulating their graces, and perhaps punished Bryant and the Falcons in a more crucial situation.

But yesterday was the perfect sacrifice. The game was close throughout. Both misses appeared crucial to a Falcon victory. To sacrifice under such conditions would surely please the Gods and curry favor in future times. And at the risk of the Gods being distracted and missing the sacrifices, Bryant gonged and clanged each kick off the uprights, first the right, then the left.

There will again come a time when Bryant, not Alford nor Ryan nor Freeman nor Jones, will be called upon to win the day in the final moments of competition. At such time, the Gods will again smile on Matty Ice2 and bring GLORY to the Falcons and the City of Atlanta!

Edit: Titans update. Bryant has historically hit this little mid season lull. He has not hit a "wall". He has is not "getting old." Talk to me when he costs this team a game. Seriously.

I thought I was to blame for the first miss.

By custom, I am generally taking a urination break while Money Matt is kicking. Yesterday, I was watching his first kick. We all know how that one went.

So, I made **** sure to take a leak when he was kicking the next one.

But, since he missed that one too, I figured it wasn't my fault.

Phew.

It's more of a naturalistic approach. Nature abhors uniqueness. Everything in life, and I mean everything varies around a Gaussian probability. That curve might be shifted slightly. It is not natural to have complete perfection, so by Bryant missing a couple of field goals he is in agreement with that natural Gaussian shift. He now is set to make more field goals, all things being equal.

We are saying the same thing, just from different perspectives.

It's more of a naturalistic approach. Nature abhors uniqueness. Everything in life, and I mean everything varies around a Gaussian probability. That curve might be shifted slightly. It is not natural to have complete perfection, so by Bryant missing a couple of field goals he is in agreement with that natural Gaussian shift. He now is set to make more field goals, all things being equal.We are saying the same thing, just from different perspectives.

There is a Persian flaw in the carpet of the dome too!

Although spiritual but agnostic in my family life, I am devout and certain in my faith that the Gods of Football are all powerful when it comes to field goals.

As we learned in the 1998 NFC Championship game, The Gods abhor perfection and will smite with fury those who engage in the folly of seeking same.

Sacrifices must be made. Last week, I thought the Falcons missed an opportunity to appease the Gods when they took a knee after the final touchdown, rather than attempting, and MISSING the extra point.

But in retrospect, the Gods would have certainly recognized the attempt at manipulating their graces, and perhaps punished Bryant and the Falcons in a more crucial situation.

But yesterday was the perfect sacrifice. The game was close throughout. Both misses appeared crucial to a Falcon victory. To sacrifice under such conditions would surely please the Gods and curry favor in future times. And at the risk of the Gods being distracted and missing the sacrifices, Bryant gonged and clanged each kick off the uprights, first the right, then the left.

There will again come a time when Bryant, not Alford nor Ryan nor Freeman nor Jones, will be called upon to win the day in the final moments of competition. At such time, the Gods will again smile on Matty Ice2 and bring GLORY to the Falcons and the City of Atlanta!

Outstanding post!

It's more of a naturalistic approach. Nature abhors uniqueness. Everything in life, and I mean everything varies around a Gaussian probability. That curve might be shifted slightly. It is not natural to have complete perfection, so by Bryant missing a couple of field goals he is in agreement with that natural Gaussian shift. He now is set to make more field goals, all things being equal. We are saying the same thing, just from different perspectives.

Is that what's called a "Bell Curve" in Public School?

1_Gaussiandistribution-basicmeanfreqforf

I thought I was to blame for the first miss.

By custom, I am generally taking a urination break while Money Matt is kicking. Yesterday, I was watching his first kick. We all know how that one went.

So, I made **** sure to take a leak when he was kicking the next one.

But, since he missed that one too, I figured it wasn't my fault.

Phew.

Clearly I was to blame for all of yesterday:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4034268-week-5-against-the-skins-could-go-into-overtime/

I opened the door for the devil for the sake of a joke.

I have since repented my foolishness.

To make matters worse I also said last week in another thread that we would have to turn the ball over 3 times for the Skins to have a chance. The good news is that I said I thought Cousins would throw 2 picks. Good thing I didn't leave that last part out.

There is a Persian flaw in the carpet of the dome too!

I had to look that one up, too.

Persion Flaw

"expression referring to the purported practice of Persian rug makers to deliberately put one flaw in every carpet, because only God is entitled to be perfect and it would be arrogant for a mortal to aspire to perfection.”

Definitely on the same page!

• 2 weeks later...

He just can't do it like he used to. Atlanta needs to be looking for a new kicker next year.

Same thing happened to Jason Elam.

I hate to say it, and Bryant is one of my favorite players...but this is the end for him

Looks like he has hit a wall

I'm concerned

old age caught up with him. sad to see

It always happens to kickers like this. When their time is up, it hits, hard. It's concerning to say the least.

He's shanked them in domes as well.

he's been missing automatics alot this year it's time to hang em up

It's not just this game in the rain. Sad to say it, but age just may have caught up to him...it happens.

He needs to be released immediately (Possible sarcasm from Jedi Falcon)

Agree that this should be Bryant's last year.

He is officially a concern. More due to the redskins game though.

Age catches up to everyone

Edit: Titans update. Bryant has, on occasion, historically hit this little mid season lull. He has not hit a "wall". He has is not "getting old." And he sure as heil has not "shanked" any at the Dome (Hit the uprights twice)

Talk to me when he costs this team a game. Seriously.

I'll be reposting this when he wins yet another one for us.

I know it sounds crazy but I'm glad he missed that kick. I'd rather be ahead 3 points with a few minutes left than be ahead by 6.

If you're ahead by 3, the other team knows they only need a field goal, and play for that.

If you're up by 6, they know they need a TD, are much more aggressive, and typically will get one. Especially with our defense historically.