Don't Look Now: Falcons Have Number One Ranked Rush Defense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the saints are 3rd in passing offense. That sucks cuz were near the bottom in pass defense

Well they play from behind... I'll dig a little deeper in this area.

How about rushing offense? We were averaging about 114 entering Week 5 and Free had 153 by himself.

I'll check. I was curious about that myself.

Ty Jackson, Soliai, Shede, Bierman, not popular last year. Sing it boys:

"How do you like me now?..........................How do you like me now?............"

Bier was our best run defender last year. People on here just hated on him because he didn't post double digit sack numbers. The guy is solid against the run though. I wonder if anybody noticed how often Beasley is pulled for Biermann at the LEO spot. Probably not many.

Bier was our best run defender last year. People on here just hated on him because he didn't post double digit sack numbers. The guy is solid against the run though. I wonder if anybody noticed how often Beasley is pulled for Biermann at the LEO spot. Probably not many.

I not only noticed it, I predicted it before the season started.

It's the packages. Run packages and rush packages. The rush package is usually Soliai, Jackson, Hageman, and Goodman. Or Soliai, Babs, Jackson, and Bierrman.

Yup. I'm sure others noticed as well.

Wow the saints are 3rd in passing offense. That sucks cuz were near the bottom in pass defense

Part of that is the 3rd and 4th quarters of the Houston game where we played our backups though. If we left the starters in and pitched a shutout, we'd at least be middle-of-the-pack.

I’ve been saying it all season. T Jackson, Soliai, Hageman and Bierman are handling their business in the run game. They don’t get all of the flashy stats but they have been lights out.

What’s funny is these four guys was the message board pariahs last season. Goes to show that if you play run defenders as run defenders and not pass rushers they will succeed.

Quinn and Richard Smith does an outstanding job at putting the right defenders in for the right situations.

Edited by FentayeJones

If you don't think people notice Kroy running off the field on third down and Beasley coming in, and smiling quietly to themselves due to the joy of this, you're mistaken.

Our run package is playing lights out. You take away that meltdown in the first half at Dallas and we'd be in elite run stopping territory. What we need is some improvement in our pass rush. The past two games we have been using our run stoppers a lot more (i expect it will flip against NO) but our pass line has not been getting it done either. Some of it is that teams are scheming for it either by doubling the left side (where Beasley and Clayborn are or just getting the ball out really quick) but we gotta get around it. The Pick 6 to win was due to DQ/Richard sending Stupar and scaring the **** out of Cousins. We don't normally blitz like that.

Yeah, but their defense is last in the league giving up 409 yards per game. That's ridiculous. Also their rushing defense is 30th. I expect to see us run, run and run some more on Thursday to keep Brees off the field.

You know people invent new stats all the time. Why isn't there a stat that separates garbage time from real results? Our pass and scoring defense numbers suffered because of the 4th quarter vs Houston a team completely dominated.