My Grandfather Is Being Honored At The Game This Sunday.

Shnikies

My grandfather has been a season ticket holder since the very first year in 1966. He's only missed a handful of home games. One of which when his wife was in the Hospital. He is a die hard Falcon fan, at 86 years old he still goes to every game. He gets there early and stays until the the clock hits 0. At the 2 minute warning of the first half his story will be shown on the jumbotron. Its a proud moment for him and me because if not for him I probably wouldn't be a Falcons fan. He started to take me to games when I was just 5 years old at Fulton County Stadium. I owe my love of the Falcons to this man. Those of you going to the game on sunday if you want, at the two minute warning please look up to the bigscreen and watch his story. Thanks guys.

jCEvN0cCfE5C0.png

For those of you that wanted to see it, this is the video they played in the stadium just before the start of the Redskins game.

Edited by Shnikies

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really awesome. Hats off to you both. I'm sure it'll be a happy and proud moment of years of loyal fandom. Hopefully this will be the year he gets to see us win the big one. I always love hearing these stories and this one is no exception. Looks like a pretty fun guy to be around. I wish you both the best

No lie that's pretty freaking cool. It's people like your Grandpa that make me want to punch (well maybe just loathe) some of these talking heads that have never been to Atlanta (except to transfer flights) and say this city has no heart or tradition.

I wish I was there to see it. Thank him for all of his support.

As someone who can't visit the dome on a regular basis to show my support, I appreciate our great fans who do go along every week to give the boys the support they need and deserve.

Unions? Anyway, I lost my Dad in January. I learned to be a gentleman from his leadership. You're Grandpa looks like a leader of men also. I see that "look" in his eyes.

I should have probably put "whose cutting onions" in there. Like they bring a tear to your eye.