What's Going On With Jalen Collins

Collins isn't playing enough. First hand knowledge he was talking to Johnny football he wasn't getting enough snaps. What a whiner and bust!

Absurd to think something is wrong with a player coming into the draft as a project. He had a couple good plays last game, but he is still learning. Let's learn patience friends.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alford is doing ALOT of holding out there. I'm just glad the refs ain't calling it yet. But wait, all yall will be once again talking about the penalties he's drawing and how he sucks again.

I think that play you're talking about was within 5 yards. You can mugg the h3ll out of them in those 5 yards.

I think that play you're talking about was within 5 yards. You can mugg the h3ll out of them in those 5 yards.

Naw, I know about the 5 yard bump. Alford was holding his a.ss off last game. LOL!!! I'm just glad the refs didn't call it. On one play, I thought he was gonna take the WR jersey off.

He plays the WR too much with his hands. Even when the ball is in the air. He's touching and grabbing.

Naw, I know about the 5 yard bump. Alford was holding his a.ss off last game. LOL!!! I'm just glad the refs didn't call it. On one play, I thought he was gonna take the WR jersey off.

Yea that's the play I'm talking about. That was within 5 yards. He knocked the ball down. Revis does the same thing. I watched the game 3 times. Anything else was just hand checking after 5 and you can do that. You can do anything you want just about within those 5. Push, grab, press but after 5 gotta let him go.

That's how the 5 yard rule came into play because NE mugged Indy wr's all the way down the field. So they came with the 5 yard rule.

Nah. It's only year one. 4 games in.

This pretty much takes care of the thread nicely. Well it should have!!

I mean, y'all don't get me wrong here. Nothing wrong with talking about what could become of Collins. That is something worth chatting about. Concerned is not at all the right word though. Say he does bust and we lose out on this years second rounder? So what! I say that because it looks pretty darn promising for many of the others and even previous years players written off as busts are now tearing it up. Nobody picks them all isn't just a cliche. It is truth. Then of course like what J said, this is only year 1 and 4 games in.

No, no I am not the least bit "concerned" about Jallen Collins right now. lol

Ok. i defended this pick. Where i AGREE with the Jalen Collins detractors is this: even if you are LEARNING your position, you should SHOW the TALENT. If the fundamentals and techniques are not there, you should STILL BE SHOWING THE TALENT. I see NOTHING in this dude that makes me think he is gonna turn the corner and become at least the 3rd cornerback. In fact, does he even PLAY football????

I mean, just because he is BUILT like Sherman and has the hair extensions, does not mean he is ANOTHER Sherman. MUST be a Dimitroff pick because he thought Taylor Starr was another Clay Matthews...........lmao

omar-bolden-richard-sherman-nfl-super-bo

USATSI_8066683.jpg

Edited by atlking

I think the teams success this year is overshadowing the fact that they may have wiffed on their second round pick. Is anyone else concerned?

4 games into his rookie year.

4 GAMES INTO HIS ROOKIE YEAR?!?

YOU'RE ALREADY CALLING HIM A "WHIFF"??!!!??

I have been very critical of the pick. But even I am smart enough and emotionally stable enough to realize that no one can possibly know he's a "whiff" for a year or two.

How can you call someone a bust 4 games into his rookie season? Besides, Collins was an upside pick and the plan all along was for him to develop. He's got all the physical tools, but in no way was expected to be a Day 1 starter. The idea is to give him a year to learn and expect him to be a bigger contributor (and shutdown corner) the next several seasons.

IMO, he's in the perfect position. Trufant is stellar and Alford really has played pretty well. There's no need to rush him into the lineup. When he's ready, he'll be able to step in and give our secondary some major depth.

He looks awful out there, but DBs can take a lot of time to develop into productive NFL players.

It's too bad DQ took him in the 2nd based on physical stats alone, but you have to understand that Alford and Trufant are rarities to come out and start from day 1 as rookies and have success.

He's going to be a major project, but remember, it took Richard Sherman a couple years to develop into the player he is now (I still think he's one of the most overrated players in football, but I digress).

Collins hasn't looked even mediocre, but DQ can develop players, so give it some time...

Never use Ryan Mallet's decision-making ability to support your argument.

The better matchup is a TE on a 5'10 corner. The decision was the right decision. Doesn't matter if it's Ryan Mallet or Matt Ryan. They will take a 6'4 TE on a 5'10 CB matchup every day of the week. The problem is he didn't figure Alf could get inside leverage on a big TE. Eli tried the same matchup in the Giants game and it resulted in a TD. Alf on Donnell. TE vs Corner. I'm sure the Texans saw that on film. They got the same matchup only this time alf got inside leverage and knocked the ball away. Mallet made the right decision. My point was WHY didn't they pick on Collins instead of going with the TE matchup? Cause they thought that was the matchup they could win cause it's a mismatch.

He looks awful out there, but DBs can take a lot of time to develop into productive NFL players.

It's too bad DQ took him in the 2nd based on physical stats alone, but you have to understand that Alford and Trufant are rarities to come out and start from day 1 as rookies and have success.

He's going to be a major project, but remember, it took Richard Sherman a couple years to develop into the player he is now (I still think he's one of the most overrated players in football, but I digress).

Collins hasn't looked even mediocre, but DQ can develop players, so give it some time...

And you're basing this on what? When he was in the game with the rest of the backups against the Texans? Cause when he plays with the starters nobody notices he's even in the games. Look at his PFF grade. It's not as bad as you would think. Am I the only one that notices when he comes in the games with the starters? When alf kicks inside? He plays just fine then because there is 10 other starters that can communicate with him and tell him to look out for this or that. Backups don't communicate as well with each other. They all looked bad against the Texans starters but that's the good thing about it. It's valuable live reps against starters that were really trying to score in a real game.

Ok. i defended this pick. Where i AGREE with the Jalen Collins detractors is this: even if you are LEARNING your position, you should SHOW the TALENT. If the fundamentals and techniques are not there, you should STILL BE SHOWING THE TALENT. I see NOTHING in this dude that makes me think he is gonna turn the corner and become at least the 3rd cornerback. In fact, does he even PLAY football????

I mean, just because he is BUILT like Sherman and has the hair extensions, does not mean he is ANOTHER Sherman. MUST be a Dimitroff pick because he thought Taylor Starr was another Clay Matthews...........lmao

omar-bolden-richard-sherman-nfl-super-bo

USATSI_8066683.jpg

First they're called deadlocks. They are not hair extensions. Lol. Extensions are put in. Dreadlocks grow naturally. Second, I've seen talent in this kid. It's very raw but it's there. If he was so terrible why doesn't he look as bad as everyone says when he comes in with the starters?? Have you even noticed he comes in the games with the starters?? There was a thread that someone made that said "when will Jalen Collins contribute". Not knowing that he's played in every game up until that point. And I'm not talking about ST's. Hoyer lit up the whole defense. Not just Collins. And mind you this was against their starters. As smart as some of you guys are when it comes to football knowledge it seems like you would know the difference in a defense full of backups vs a defense full of starters with 1 or 2 backups in the game. Collins and Therize and Bartu played with the starters and the results was 0 points. Why is that? If Collins was THAT terrible why didn't they pick in that matchup? They were losing 35-0 and they waited til we scored 42 points and took the starters out to start exploiting Collins?? Lol. See how crazy that sounds?? Collins was IN. The game BEFORE the starters got pulled and they still couldn't score.

Just wait till Collins becomes a lock down corner. You guys live in delusional world if you think every single rookie are great their first year. Look across the league, it's not a common thing for rookies to be great their first year especially corners . How is Byron jones doing for the Cowboys ?

First they're called deadlocks. They are not hair extensions. Lol. Extensions are put in. Dreadlocks grow naturally. Second, I've seen talent in this kid. It's very raw but it's there. If he was so terrible why doesn't he look as bad as everyone says when he comes in with the starters?? Have you even noticed he comes in the games with the starters?? There was a thread that someone made that said "when will Jalen Collins contribute". Not knowing that he's played in every game up until that point. And I'm not talking about ST's. Hoyer lit up the whole defense. Not just Collins. And mind you this was against their starters. As smart as some of you guys are when it comes to football knowledge it seems like you would know the difference in a defense full of backups vs a defense full of starters with 1 or 2 backups in the game. Collins and Therize and Bartu played with the starters and the results was 0 points. Why is that? If Collins was THAT terrible why didn't they pick in that matchup? They were losing 35-0 and they waited til we scored 42 points and took the starters out to start exploiting Collins?? Lol. See how crazy that sounds?? Collins was IN. The game BEFORE the starters got pulled and they still couldn't score.

emot-owned.gifemot-hurr.gifemot-owned.gifemot-hurr.gifemot-owned.gif

Just wait till Collins becomes a lock down corner. You guys live in delusional world if you think every single rookie are great their first year. Look across the league, it's not a common thing for rookies to be great their first year especially corners . How is Byron jones doing for the Cowboys ?

Exactly. Even Tony Gonzalez was getting bust talk his first year. The problem is guys like Deion, Rod Woodson, Revis, Charles Woodson, and Tru have set a standard that fans think is ordinary and it's not. Some guys are ahead of the rookie curve coming out of college and MOST are not. Add that with most nfl coaches don't teach and you have a lot of guys that don't pan out. Luckily we have Quinn who is an excellent teacher.