Roddy White Excused From Practice

fuego

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this doesn't have anything to do with the drama that's being stirred up. I wanna be stoked about this season but the possibility of Roddy having a falling out with Flowery Branch and the trade rumors have me really anxious. Some of y'all could care less and just wanna see the team win, and I get that. But Roddy is my favorite player on the team and seeing this kind of crap sucks. And honestly I dont think some of yall deserve to see good players come herr and bring our team success when you will turn on them in an instant. And you cant say it's not a possibility that Roddy leaves. No one in Carolina thought they'd let go of Steve Smith and they NEEDED WRs. We have an all new coaching staff and an OC that is phasing Roddy out of the gameplan and we actually have good receiver depth.

Didn't see this posted.

Is Roddy taking this a little too far? Is it related?

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said Falcons wide receiver Roddy White is excused from today’s practice for personal reasons.

Quinn said he hasn’t spoken with White since he told ESPN.com on Tuesday that he was bothered by his lack of chances in the offense.

Quinn said Wednesday the Falcons wouldn’t focus on getting White more chances.

“I wouldn’t say a point of emphasis, no,” Quinn said.

On Tuesday, White told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution he wanted to be clear that he's not disgruntled by the lack of production.

“I’m here for one thing and that’s to win,” said White in a phone interview.

In four games, White has six catches on 13 targets for 91 yards.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/roddy-white-excused-practice/nnxPt/

I don't really know what to think of this --- it is peculiar timing, though. Then again, maybe it's just coincidence, and the roads over in coastal S. C. are just now passable for him to go check on his family --- that's what I prefer to think.

I've always been a huge fan of Roddy White, and at this point, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt!

He just needs to stay away from the media at times like this --- seems like he always "misspeaks" about something, and then reporters blow it completely out of proportion.

Personally, I hope he has a monster game against the Red Skins, and all this crap can be put to rest, once and for all !!!

GO, DIRTY BIRDS!!!!!!!

So much idiocy just on this page.

I agree. There's so much stupid in this thread (and related to this topic in general ftm), that I honestly don't even know who to respond to try and correct them. I feel like I'd have to respond to at least half the posts in this thread alone. It's mass hysteria.

Dear Roddy,

When I go to work, my job is to shut up and do what I'm told. You are supposed to be doing the same thing. Grow the **** up.

Thanks,

Snowball

That's your job. His job is to catch the football. I don't blame Roddy if he wants to get a little more involved.

Then you're calling Quinn a liar, since he specifically said that he hadn't spoken to him since the interview in question.

Bite me *******. I not calling anyone anything. I just said the timing is weird and several other posters agree with me. Are you on the ******* team? Do you know Roddy personally? How bout shut the **** up since you dont know ****. Now this adult has to go to work. Later *****!!!

Bite me *******. I not calling anyone anything. I just said the timing is weird and several other posters agree with me. Are you on the ******* team? Do you know Roddy personally? How bout shut the **** up since you dont know ****. Now this adult has to go to work. Later *****!!!

Irony.