Film Study: Interior Ol Has Big Day Against Houston

Guest FalconsAndrew

Guest FalconsAndrew

Hey all,

This week's film study, which focuses on the interior offensive linemen, is up on AF dot com. I'll be around this afternoon to discuss the piece/anything else Falcons related in this thread.

LINK

Guest FalconsAndrew

Good read.

The interior line play is as good as I've seen it since Ryan's been the QB some of these TD's Freeman has scored the last 2 weeks he's going in untouched.I find that really eye opening.

It's definitely a bit surprising. A lot of people—myself included—were shocked when the team cut Hawley, but things seem to be working out just fine.

It's definitely a bit surprising. A lot of people—myself included—were shocked when the team cut Hawley, but things seem to be working out just fine.

Yep I was a little confused to about that cut.

Mind you in saying this the commitment by the coaching staff to the run had alot todo with that cut of the above.They clearly saw in the off season that Person was clearly superior to Hawley in that aspect.

The biggest surprise to everyone is how the coaching staff have thrown basically 60% of the line together 1 week out from the season and its clearly worked a treat thats the eye brow raiser for me.They are executing so well with so little time together as a unit.

The above just SMELLS of good coaching theres just know other explanation.

It's really amazing to see the interior of our offensive line play so well to the point of where it's a strength running straight up the gut. I don't think it can be stated enough about the importance of Chester and his ability to communicate and help the other guys, having come from the system that Shanahan ran in Washington.