Kyle Shannahan Isn't Head Coach Quality.

Well, there are plenty of teams that could use his brilliant offensive mind for success. My hope is that DQ will keep him while we have a nice window of opportunity open with Jones & Ryan, a running game, a new D with a chance to get better in the future etc...

It isn't often that the pieces are in place and the opportunity for a championship is not an unrealistic goal... DQ is putting something special together and I think Shanny just may want to be a part of it.

I don't think every coach has to have that fiery personality. To me he seems like more of an analytical coach who players look up to not for his personality, but for his football IQ, like Dungy or Bellichek.

If he does become a HC, I think he's smart enough to realize he needs to hire coordinators that can bring some fire, to complement his low-key style.

If he spends 10 years around Quinn before accepting a HC job, I'm sure he will fare much better than Josh McDaniels. His dad was a great NFL HC and he has had a bright career very early as a OC which is only one step away from a HC. He will get offers before long. As I said since last year, I hope he enjoys Ryan and Julio, as well as a defense enough to stay a while.

I just can't see why a team would think he would be a good head coach. He doesn't have that it factor to me. He's a great coordinator and shows you what he can do with good players but when it comes to leading a team I'm not sure he's up for it

Strangely, it seems that NFL teams care more about winning games than they do the "it" factor.