Why do you say that? Lol

Because the Falcons are 4-0 and just finished demolishing the Texans and people rag on a rookie project ( and we all knew he was going to be a project) even though as the OP stated he showed improvement from the preseason ( as has Southward imo) .............. like I said some of the people in this thread are why we do not have nice things!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always envisioned you as someone who was like 6'0 220 or something like that. Maybe it's just your user name that made me think that lol

Lol yea I'm a little guy but I played like I was 6'0 220. It's all mentality man. I had power to go with my speed so I was a nightmare for some guys. I could run passed you or run you over if I caught you slipping.

Because the Falcons are 4-0 and just finished demolishing the Texans and people rag on a rookie project ( and we all knew he was going to be a project) even though as the OP stated he showed improvement from the preseason ( as has Southward imo) .............. like I said some of the people in this thread are why we do not have nice things!

I feel you. I think some guys just want to see better play like flying falcon but other guys there's no stopping their doom and gloom. No matter how well we do.

I learned to never underestimate the "little guys".. We had a small Rb as well.. Around your height and weight and during practice he trucked my *** during a drill, I was embarrassed. Lol

Yea that's when it becomes science. Speed vs mass. I used to use that when I played. If I was moving faster than the bigger person I stood a better chance of running him over.

do you are assuming he didn't play becuase he wasn't any good. Do you know, for instance, who played in front of him?

I'm not saying he wasn't any good, but usually guys who are first or second round picks have a history of starting more than 10 games in College, unless they leave after their redshirt freshman year. I assume whomever was ahead of him had to be pretty good. It seems like this guy was coveted mainly because of his measurables, instead of having a long track record of great play on the field. I assume that they saw something in him and it wouldn't bother me so much if we hadn't missed on so many second and third round picks in the past few years.

If I didn't know that Jalen Collins was a 10 year vet who has already topped out his potential, I would SWEAR he's playing like a green rookie.

/purple

Lol, I'm well aware he's a rookie. I'm not calling him a bust either, he is a very raw player. What I will say though is based on his performance to date, IMO the only upside I've seen are his measurables.

If one of our top 3 CB's were to get injured the drop off would be significant. Even with his size and length he's struggled significantly on the outside, he sure as he11 can't play the slot. He'd be a huge liability.