• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOYER HAS BEEN A STARTER!!! What is hard for you to understand about that??? I answered the question. You're dancing around the issue to make sure you make Collins look like mud but HOYER HAS BEEN A STARTER!! He has starts. He had the Browns on a playoff run until he got hurt then it went downhill. So again, what does him being the backup for the Texans have to do with him playing straight backups when he's been a starter??

Hoyer is backup because he couldn't cut it. I don't care about his "18 starts", just like I don't care about Collins "10 starts". Either they have it or they don't. And neither one (Collins or Hoyer) has it for their positions they play.

Not the hardest if you know the techniques. Either you have them or you don't. Talent only takes you so far, especially in the BIG TIME. That's why a lot of folks end up in the CFL or playing Semi-pro. ;-)

It is the hardest. Even with great technique. You're the only person I've ever heard say that corner isn't the second hardest position on the field. And that's out of the mouths of some all time greats like Deion Sanders. If it's not the second hardest position behind quarterback what is?? You have to be on the best shape to run with a those fast wr's, you have to know different techniques, you have to be probably the most athletic on the field. It's a super hard position.

Hoyer is backup because he couldn't cut it. I don't care about his "18 starts", just like I don't care about Collins "10 starts". Either they have it or they don't. And neither one (Collins or Hoyer) has it for their positions they play.

So hoyers experience doesn't matter??? Going against a rookie??? LMAO!!! Ok I'm done.

It is the hardest. Even with great technique. You're the only person I've ever heard say that corner isn't the second hardest position on the field. And that's out of the mouths of some all time greats like Deion Sanders. If it's not the second hardest position behind quarterback what is?? You have to be on the best shape to run with a those fast wr's, you have to know different techniques, you have to be probably the most athletic on the field. It's a super hard position.

So, it's hard now because you have to be in shape? Uhhh....ok. Hmmmm.......I do think you have to be in shape playing WR, RB, LB. and what do position I think is the 2nd hardest? Try playing MLB where you have to direct EVERYONE to get in the right position on what you see before the QB hikes the ball. The MLB is the QB of the defense, not the CB. So, by YOUR theory, if QB is the most hardest position to play, then MLB is 2nd since he's the QB of the defense.

For me it wasn't technique. I just struggled because of the routes recievers ran. Slants and flats were easy.. But it was the outs, digs, comebacks, curls, and the post routes that I just could not cover. I played at the fcs level so I wasn't that great lol but man.. The position was hard.

Not saying it's not hard Reggie. Playing football is hard within itself. Yeah, I've been thrown off by outs and ups, and corner routes. I guess that's why I was moved closer to the line. But take it from me (who's hips were just as stiff as Collins), if you have it, you have it. If you don't, you don't. Collins is not a CB. Maybe a SS, but not a CB.

Let me ask you this? If Matt Ryan and Julio was playing against a whole defense of backups with a rookie corner and a converted 2nd year corner what do you think the outcome would be? Do you think those young players would stop Matt and Julio? Serious question. I don't care if it was a first rounder. I don't care if it was Trufant as a rookie do you really think trufant would stop Matt Ryan and Julio jones while playing with 10 other backups??? Be honest!!

If the answer is no then it's no different for Collins playing with all backups against all starters.

Bingo....right on point.

For me it wasn't technique. I just struggled because of the routes recievers ran. Slants and flats were easy.. But it was the outs, digs, comebacks, curls, and the post routes that I just could not cover. I played at the fcs level so I wasn't that great lol but man.. The position was hard.

That's hard for anybody man. I played corner too and I ran a 4.3 and was super quick. It's still the second hardest position on the field because of all it asks you to do. PERIOD!! Not only do you face great receivers you have to play chess with masterful quarterbacks. It's Marie than just having great technique and speed. You have to bring your brain to the game.

That's hard for anybody man. I played corner too and I ran a 4.3 and was super quick. It's still the second hardest position on the field because of all it asks you to do. PERIOD!! Not only do you face great receivers you have to play chess with masterful quarterbacks. It's Marie than just having great technique and speed. You have to bring your brain to the game.

LOL!!!! Dude, that's football. You don't think the LBs are playing chess out there?

With only 10 starts in college, he really need this game time action to keep working on his game.

I'm excited to see if he makes a huge jump after another training camp next year.

I'm not counting the guy out, but I have been wondering all along why we drafted someone who was only good enough to start 10 games in College in the first place...

I'm not counting the guy out, but I have been wondering all along why we drafted someone who was only good enough to start 10 games in College in the first place...

do you are assuming he didn't play becuase he wasn't any good. Do you know, for instance, who played in front of him?

I am not saying collins didn't struggle today but are we going to act like hopkins isn't one of the NFL's better WR? If you gave him a half decent O-Line and QB he would be a top 10 maybe top 5 WR and when their offense is facing almost all backups it is a half decent O-line and QB.

Edited by CaliFalconFan02