Hardy, Hankerson.. All can get separation just have to work on those hands. Which should be easy for Hardy so I'd say yes.

Where has Hardy been? I thought for sure we'd have seen him by now. Even Williams has a meaningful catch.

Roddy's replacement, I think, was supposed to be Hank. Hank needs to call Tony G. for some pointers and start using that juggs machine, or whatever they call it.

Roddy is in an Elite class with guys like Hines Ward. You can't replace him. Very few can be as good as he's been for such a long time. JJ is probably better now than Roddy ever was but, he's got a long way to go before he or anyone will be considered a replacement for Roddy. We won't know until their career is over.

Roddy isn't really replaceable. Reason being, because he has had a longer career than most WR's, and is the Falcons all time leading receiver as well. Julio certainly could eclipse Roddy's numbers, but I doubt Julio stays healthy enough to play until his mid 30's. I certainly hope JJ can hang around that long. Hankerson is not replacing Roddy this year or next. Hardy could, but he's got a lot of improvement to make, just like Roddy did when he came in to the league.

Roddy is still a clutch performer, but he is not the 1st option. Once teams start bracketing Julio more, then look for Roddy to come in and start hauling in catches.

Edited by 4dabirds

Hardy is getting reps in practice, learning from Roddy, Matt, and Who. Settle down on him being active right now people, seriously.

He was a 4th round pick, and the roster has NFL vets on it above him. Its hard to crack into that rotation when all of them have serious NFL experience. He'll get his turn.

Maybe once Hester comes back, Williams is down or off. Maybe Weems, but he seems too important to spec teams.

Roddy isn't really replaceable. Reason being, because he has had a longer career than most WR's, and is the Falcons all time leading receiver as well. Julio certainly could eclipse Roddy's numbers, but I doubt Julio stays healthy enough to play until his mid 30's. I certainly hope JJ can hang around that long. Hankerson is not replacing Roddy this year or next. Hardy could, but he's got a lot of improvement to make, just like Roddy did when he came in to the league.

Roddy is still a clutch performer, but he is not the 1st option. Once teams start bracketing Julio more, then look for Roddy to come in and start hauling in catches.

This is what I'm expecting, some team, is going to sell out to stop Julio and either Matt Ryan will throw 5 interceptions that game, or Roddy will have a huge day.

In My Humble Opinion. I like the fact that Roddy is not gettng to much of a workout. I see how banged up Julio is getting and I think having a rested up Roddy White for the second half or the playoffs is a great move. It will give Julio a much needed rest in case we actually win the playoffs.

the finish would be the SuperBowl.... but I like the Idea of a well rested and healed Roddy White.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooFALCONS! HIT N RUN!

Don't know if posted already but, do you think his replacement is already on the roster??

I don't think Roddy's replacement is already on our roster ---- we'll probably be drafting his replacement, though, in the next year or two. I don't really see a guy already on our team, that could be another Roddy, at least not in the near future. Justin Hardy may turn out to be pretty good, but I don't think he has the "tools" to eclipse White --- jmo...

Roddy is in an Elite class with guys like Hines Ward. You can't replace him. Very few can be as good as he's been for such a long time. JJ is probably better now than Roddy ever was but, he's got a long way to go before he or anyone will be considered a replacement for Roddy. We won't know until their career is over.

long way to go? Julio started making the transition to being his replacement last season. Looks like it's completed now.

long way to go? Julio started making the transition to being his replacement last season. Looks like it's completed now.

Julio was better his rookie season than White was at any point in his career. He did not get anywhere near the targets that White got at any point during his heyday that rookie year but I think any objective falcon fan knew by watching him that he had skills that White never dreamed of possessing.

Yeah, I'd say that Julio truly began to replace Roddy as the #1 during the 2012 playoffs, when he crushed San Francisco in the NFCCG.

As to who can replace Roddy as the #2, I was hoping it might be Hankerson, but he has a major case of the dropsies.

Hardy might be the guy, or he might just settle in as the #3 down the road.

We probably won't look to add another major player at WR until Roddy and/or Hester retires.

he's going off of careers, so until Julio pass roddy in rec,yds,tds and games played he went be considered his replacement.

Thats all

You're replacement is your replacement. TO was Rice's replacement in SF. Tru was asante's replacement. Somebody will always be a replacement whether they have a ROH/HOF career or not.

Am I the only one that doesn't think Roddy's done yet? He hasn't had a catch in 2 weeks, but that's mostly because they haven't targeted him. I feel like Roddy's still got a game in him where he can catch 5 or 6 balls for 100-120 yds. If — and I can't believe i'm saying this — this team makes a deep playoff run, we're going to need Roddy in the passing game.