Interesting Film Room Video On Clowney And Texans Dline

Evo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality was our O-line had been together for, what, a few days before the season started? We barely win week 1, and everyone forgets all about it. I get they'll remember it soon though.

Yep, they haven't been together long at all. But I'll guarantee you, because of that and how successful they've been to this point, against the odds no less, they've developed a chemistry far beyond what could have been formed if they were expected to be successful even with years of knowing each other. Great comradery.

This is my favorite kind of opposing fan troll. Just comes in and says "Clowney will have two sacks and we will win!" Then when you try to actually talk about football with them, they say "nuh uh, we're going to win." Like a 5 year old who isn't getting their way.

Ok. Texans 23 - Falcons 18

Yeah I don't understand the butthurt at all. I came into this season with no expectations at all seeing as how much we sucked the last 2 years, plus new system, regime, questionable OL, pass rush, defense,etc, etc. So I'm thrilled with what we've been able to accomplish so far this season. I don't get how anyone couldn't be happy right now lol

You really hit all the proverbial nails square on the head.

I mean people are free and fine to feel anyway they want but they're really missing the big picture by being bitter and jaded over any and all team weakness at this point. It really goes to show just how spoiled Atlanta fans have become since '08. When folks can't even see it for what it is and just enjoy the sweet sweet gravy I honestly feel bad for them. This year has been fun as hell!

Again we are not the Cowboys. Like I said on the other thread, defense and special teams can score as well.

So you very well expect your less than par offense to do much against our new not great, but obviously improved swarming high energy defense enough so that your Awesome Defense and also your STs unit will be able to outscore our Atlanta Falcon offense? oO

I watched a piece on NFL Matchup that was pretty good this AM. The one thing that struck me is that they say that Clowney is being cut blocked alot. They basically said he has no answer for the angled cut blocks, and anyone watching film has picked up on that.

For all that hype, Clowney has done next to nothing so far in the NFL.

He's not even used to having a pocket yet.

I'm less worried than most after seeing how good Matty Ice is at dealing with immediate pressure, within a second from the snap, all game long coming from multiple spots. Matty Ice has broken NFL records under these conditions, he knows exactly what to do if our line can't handle Watt and Clowney.

You are right though, the Iceman has looked a little surpised out there having a pocket to stand in and not having to run for his life moment ball is snapped!

Again we are not the Cowboys. Like I said on the other thread, defense and special teams can score as well.

If Hester gets back on special teams, so can ours. Your QB is still too inconsistent to rely on, he has no touch and often throws passes straight into the dirt.

I think JJ will make some plays, and Clowney will get some decent run stops, but you simply can't rely on JJ to dominate every single offensive snap, and the rest of your defense won't be able to step up.

As for your offense, well, remember that the bucs probably would have won if they had a kicker who could make field goals. Buccaneers also give up almost 100 yards worth of penalties every game. That's like a free touchdown.

28-17 Falcons

Edited by Dregenfox