Jj Going For Two Records Sunday

Caddieman

Most consecutive games of 11+ pass rec in a game:

The record is 2 games and there are 18 players that are tied JJ is one of them.

Most consecutive games of 12+ pass rec in a game:

The record is 2 games and there are 8 players that are tied JJ is one of them!

On a side note right now JJ owns the career Rec per game at 6.0. And career Rec yards per game at 91.7. And people on this board wanted us to trade JJ this past off season.......SMH

Edited by Caddieman

These are two stats that I don't rest care about and doubt he does either. At this point I think the teams mind set is to just win. Julio isn't playing for a contract so he shouldn't really have any ducks in that race besides his own personal legacy and how do help your legacy? Winning. Julio will continue to beast the nfl for years to come and he will do it while in a falcons jersey. Yes!

Most consecutive games of 11+ pass rec in a game:

The record is 2 games and there are 18 players that are tied JJ is one of them.

Most consecutive games of 12+ pass rec in a game:

The record is 2 games and there are 8 players that are tied JJ is one of them!

On a side note right now JJ owns the career Rec per game at 6.0. And career Rec yards per game at 91.7. And people on this board wanted us to trade JJ this past off season.......SMH

I started this reply ready to poo-poo those numbers a bit, pointing out that Julio hasn't had those twilight years yet like Jerry Rice or Tim Brown to bring down his averages. While that still holds true, digging into it a bit more it became clear to me that most of the greats had not really come close to peaking at this point (52 games) into their careers. Below are the per game averages of 7 of the top receivers in the modern era as well as the GOAT, Jerry Rice, through 52 games in their careers. I have come away even more impressed with Julio:

Player YPG RPG Julio Jones 91.73 6.00 Randy Moss 84.73 4.63 Jerry Rice 82.98 4.48 A.J. Green 81.04 5.44 Larry Fitzgerald 72.63 5.31 Calvin Johnson 69.40 4.44 Dez Bryant 68.77 4.83 Andre Johnson 66.83 5.08 Antonio Brown 66.83 5.08

I started this reply ready to poo-poo those numbers a bit, pointing out that Julio hasn't had those twilight years yet like Jerry Rice or Tim Brown to bring down his averages. While that still holds true, digging into it a bit more it became clear to me that most of the greats had not really come close to peaking at this point (52 games) into their careers. Below are the per game averages of 7 of the top receivers in the modern era as well as the GOAT, Jerry Rice, through 52 games in their careers. I have come away even more impressed with Julio:

Player

YPG

RPG

Julio Jones

Randy Moss

Jerry Rice

A.J. Green

Larry Fitzgerald

Calvin Johnson

Dez Bryant

Andre Johnson

Antonio Brown

That's some great comparisons. And thanks for not poo-pooing on my thread! Lol

Anyone that has 12+ receptions has been part of the 11+ receptions record. You say the record for both sets is 2 games. To me this more of a stat not a record until you get to the top category.

So there are 8 WR plus Julio that have caught 12+ receptions in a game. Those same 8 individuals (plus 10 more players ) caught 11 - all 18 plus more had 10, 9, etc receptions in 2 game also.

To me the record is who is the single player (or tied small #) that has the most receptions for the most consecutive games, the rest are just stats. I understand there is a difference in 12+ v. 11+ but calling it a "record" versus a "statistic" is what I am hung up on.