I Love That We Are 3-0 But...

This board wouldn't be fun unless we can nitpick about some things right?

So here are some things that I want to nitpick about that still concern me:

1. Are we overworking Julio to the point where he might be useless in the playoffs cause he'll be gassed out or injured?

2. Hankerson keeps dropping passes

3. Our backup QB has to be one of the worst in the NFL and yet we do nothing to fix this for the past how many years??There are a lot of backup qbs we could possibly trade for (And a FAT Grossman is not trying to find a backup)

4. I hope we do not lose Kyle Shanahan after this year, that would be devastating.

5. Can we put someone else back there to return punts and kickoffs instead of Weems until Hester comes back?

6. Might need more help in the TE spot.

I was going to post more but after watching the Cowboys game i am content and will give our defense the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by jj00100

1. No you can't worry about that. Use him

2. Yes. He's still made plays that HD would not have made. Hopefully he gets better.

3. Don't care. We and most other teams would not win with a back up

4. Thats the NFL. Can't blame the dude.

5. Weems has been safe. I'm ok with that until Hester gets back.

6. They just brought another in. Hopefully the injured dudes get back soon.

1. Are we overworking Julio to the point where he might be useless in the playoffs cause he'll be gassed out or injured?

3. Our backup QB has to be one of the worst in the NFL and yet we do nothing to fix this for the past how many years??There are a lot of backup qbs we could possibly trade for (And a FAT Grossman is not trying to find a backup)

4. I hope we do not lose Kyle Shanahan after this year, that would be devastating.

5. Can we put someone else back there to return punts and kickoffs instead of Weems until Hester comes back?

I was going to post more but after watching the Cowboys game i am content and will give our defense the benefit of the doubt.

1. I think we are going to him a lot, almost too much. Other guys need to be contributors so the D can't just key on one guy. Just like RBs and the "curse of 370," I don't think he can play his physical style of play and survive 16 weeks and be 100% come the playoffs.

2. Hankerson does have some drops, but he will get better with reps. Again, week 1 this year was the 32nd game he played in. Really just two years under his belt. Think about Roddy, it was year 3 before he broke out. At least his two years were all together and injury free. Hankerson hasn't been that lucky.

3. If you need your backup QB, you are likely toast. Moot point, it's like that all over the NFL. There may be 2 or 3 really good backups. This isn't the late 80's through the 90's where you have Jeff Hostetler and Steve Young backing up Phil Sims and Joe Montana.

4. Hopefully Kyle will be around at least 3 or 4 years. The last 2 years should tell us all that a teams windows of opportunity to win it all is very short. Part of that has to do with coaching. Successful guys get a chance to go on to better things. That is all anybody ever really wants, coaches are no different than talented backups that leave when they hit free agency.

5. Not a big Weems fan either. He was good his 1st stint here. However he is a vet and I trust his judgement.

6. I wish we did have better options at TE as well. Overall we need better talent at that position. I don't need a Gronkowski, but I would like a young Jacob Tamme. Ran really well, caught a lot of balls in college, but undersized. Drafted in the 4th round.

The only thing that concerns me from that list is the Julio thing. He has been taking a beating. I told my wife last Sunday that if I went outside, broke into a full sprint, and then tumbled to the ground like that I would be out of commission for a week. And I'm in pretty good shape.

Julio goes out there to compete every play. If he's up to the task then I don't think we should be afraid to let him destroy defenses. I do think we'll vary it up on offense as the season progresses, and we'll likely have to at some points. Eventually a stronger defense with a better game plan down the stretch of the season is gonna slow Julio down and we'll need to take advantage of that by getting the ball to our other receivers. So far, defenses have not been able to stop Julio so we're going with what works!

1. No. He'll be fine. The pace won't keep up this way.

2. Oh well.

3. Oh well. This is not exclusive to our team.

4. It's possible. Worst scenario would be that Colts job opening up.

5. Weems is fine. He is smart at fielding the ball and doesn't drop it. Also, he does not go backwards.

6. Tamme will be back next week. Not too worried about it.

Guest Negatorris

1. Julio is definitely being overworked. If he's injured we will have no passing offense whatsoever. Ryan's passer rating when targeting receivers other than Julio is not good at all.

2. Hankerson is doing the same crap that got him kicked outta Washington. And most of his drops are being deflected into the air and it could prove costly if they start getting intercepted. His snaps need to be cut down and given to Roddy and Nick Williams.

3. We will not win one game if Matt goes down. But he's as durable as they come. (Knock on wood)

4. Shanny will be gone if he keeps this up but he is not irreplaceable.

5. Weems is terrible at returning. Well, really our entire STs is terrible excluding Bosher. I don't think anyone except Hester can change anything back there for us.

6. Might is an understatement. We have not been lucky with that position since Gonzo left. Unfortunately Lance Kendricks denied our contract so we're stuck unless we see a surprise trade for Martellus Bennet.

You may give our defense the benefit of the doubt, but they are troublesome in their own ways. The tackling has been far from what Quinn has preached so far. Ricardo Allen is NOT good. He needs to be replaced ASAP. Paul Worrilow is a backup, and I've been saying this for years. He couldn't make an open field tackle to save his life as long as the RB has a little speed. Too bad we couldn't get Shazier a couple of years ago...

1. You'd be pissed if he was't getting used as much and we weren't scoring.

2. It's not good, but there are other options.

3. Most back-ups suck, that's why they are back-ups. Also, Renfree might get better if and when he actually gets first team snaps with first team players. We simply don't know how well this guy would play if the game plan actually included him.

4. We have no control over this, and besides he is young and I'm not sure that other NFL teams are ready to take a chance on him yet. He's not looked at like Jon Gruden was when he left GB all those years ago.

5. Weems is not the burner that Hester is, but he is experienced insuring the ball and doing what you need him to do. We've used a lot worse than weeks in the past and the results were really bad. Other players like Alford or Williams could be used but I think they both have more value in their defensive and offensive roles.

6. How many TE's do we need to carry?

Edited by 4dabirds