Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

**** Espn! Suck It

198 posts in this topic

Atlanta is not in the to 10 most transient cities in the US, that's a tired worn out excuse.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/miami-ranked-seventh-most-transient-city-in-america-6532631

1. Providence, RI
  2. Washington, DC
  3. Virginia Beach, VA
  4. Denver, CO
  5. Boston, MA
  6. Bridgeport, CT
  7. Miami, FL
  8. Seattle, WA
  9. Portland, OR
  10. Tucson, AZ

This is correct, however, Atlanta is the number one "transplant" city - 4 the past 4 years - here is the link

This is correct, however, Atlanta is the number one "transplant" city - 4 the past 4 years - here is the link

again.

I wish I knew where they got those medians. I'm apparently doing something very wrong.

again.

I wish I knew where they got those medians. I'm apparently doing something very wrong.

Well, not to get too far away from TATF - but there are proposed changes to the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) which will increase the salary threshold from 23,660 per year to 50,400 per year as of Jan 2016 - along with annual automatic updates.

It's very nearly already a done deal.

Rejoice!

Well, not to get too far away from TATF - but there are proposed changes to the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) which will increase the salary threshold from 23,660 per year to 50,400 per year as of Jan 2016 - along with annual automatic updates.

It's very nearly already a done deal.

Rejoice!

I work for the board of education, I'm going nowhere.

I really don't care what the media says but I can't see how they're justified doing a piece like this one. I mean I have never seen them pull this stunt for any other team regardless of the sport. But in a year that the Falcons have a new coach, lots of new energy surrounding the team and are 3-0 out of the gates they do this garbage. It's extremely poor taste even for someone as low as ESPN is. The person(s) that signed off on this feature has no soul.

Lame fanbase that's why Falcons have to keep telling us to rise up. I love that Falcons radio commercial about fans leaving early in the last year Saints game. Having said that,**** with espn. I get my nfl coverage from Nfl network.love my birds. Go falcons.

Yea, this was so wack. It's not even because I'm a Falcons fan but this was such "low-hanging fruit" to continually try and bash Atlanta fans for not supporting their teams and it wasn't even funny. He walked up on about 3-4 people that basically said they had no real tie to Atlanta and tried to use that as proof that Atlanta isn't supporting their team. Way to mail it in and fail to be humorous all in one fail swoop ESPN.

southernscot likes this

THANK YOU BASED WORRILOW beat me to it.

I've seen entirely too many people use "transient" when it really should be "transplant". Atlanta is a TRANSPLANT city. Google the top cities where people are moving to and Atlanta will be on every single list. Northerners and Midwesterners move down here in droves and hardly ever go back. And this statement is REAL! In my lab at work there are 13 of us.....Only 5 of us are from Georgia. Not just Atlanta. GEORGIA. At my old job, out of the 7 of us in the office, only two of us were from Georgia. It's mindboggling.

San Diego, Arizona, Tampa, Jax, Dallas, Houston, Charlotte and so on have the same problems with opposing fans filling their stadium. Why in the **** don't we ever hear about THAT!?

At the start of the Pittsburgh game last night, there were plenty of empty seats....fans showing up late or not at all. The same happened when we played in New York 2 weeks ago. Why in the **** don't we ever hear about THAT!?

Exactly! This is why I used the low-hanging fruit reference. Over the years it's become easy for the national sports media (in particular ESPN) to claim some of these issues are unique to our fanbase. It just warrants an eyeroll and STFU already.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

Exactly! This is why I used the low-hanging fruit reference. Over the years it's become easy for the national sports media (in particular ESPN) to claim some of these issues are unique to our fanbase. It just warrants an eyeroll and STFU already.

And In Philly when they suck their Fans stay home as well. Look no further than a Phillies Game as of late. But you will NEVER hear about that being Championed by "THAT" network.

Yea, this was so wack. It's not even because I'm a Falcons fan but this was such "low-hanging fruit" to continually try and bash Atlanta fans for not supporting their teams and it wasn't even funny. He walked up on about 3-4 people that basically said they had no real tie to Atlanta and tried to use that as proof that Atlanta isn't supporting their team. Way to mail it in and fail to be humorous all in one fail swoop ESPN.

Exactly. Piece flat-out sucked and failed on every journalistic barometer.

Bottom line, enjoy the team you support, don't worry about what other folks think. ESPN isn't 100% right in this tongue in cheek video but they're also not wrong. There's really no reason to get mad/frustrated or worked up over it.

I'll be there Sunday with my almost 3 year old who I've raised as a football fan first and a Falcons fan, maybe if more folks do the same things will change slightly over time!

http://deadspin.com/heres-facebooks-2014-nfl-fandom-map-1631006587

lygqkjqwwa94uzjgfwew.jpg

Have a raging clue were going to move in on some of that saints and panthers territory.

I swear, some of these people whining about respect must not get any in their own lives. So they "need" their sports team to get it so it can make up for the lack of it in their own reality

I blame bad parenting.

The hate is real. A small example of this just happened last Monday night (the only time you'll see my channel to ESPN is for MNF)during halftime when they were going through the highlights of the previous day and there wasn't even a mention that there was a game in Dallas the previous day.

If Dallas had won you can bet they would have.

Having said that, I can't believe this thread had gone this many pages. lol.

RIght now we are 13th, last year we were tenth in attendance. I submit that tenth in attendence in a year like last year is not sucking wind. YOur mileage may vary.

Of course we are. This isn't at all about facts, not even remotely. I've seen this type of sh** from the media for decades. I've truly wondered for years where all the dislike for the Falcons came from. IDK, maybe I missed something. And please, please none of this who cares bs...plenty of fans are tired of it. I've often said to myself...get used to it, if it hasn't changed in all these years, it will never change. But after all these years it still pi**** me off.

I'd rather they just completely ignore the Falcons and the city of Atlanta for that matter than to pull a stunt like this one in a year in which we're already 3-0.

I like ESPN and the NFL network. I seen both networks praise the Falcons, especially Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, plenty of times. When the Falcons were winning, they got praised, and when they were losing they didn't. They praise usually didn't occur yet till the following season. They tend to be skeptical of teams who just start to win given their recent past, lets say if a team does well at that current season, but did crappy the 2 years prior. There is a bit of a reluctance since most of their criteria is based on how well teams do in the playoffs, and I don't blame them. This seems to be the standard for coaches and players too. This is why it is preached that players stay humble and keep working even if they are winning in the regular season, since it is the post season that counts more.

This seems to me to be confirmation bias and having a victim mentality that some Falcons fans on this board have. Every team gets bashed at some point. It doesn't make sense to think that they do it to the Falcons only, or more. The shows mostly are about the opinions of broadcasters and what they think will happen, or their personal evaluations. If they don't like what they see, or do, they share their opinion.

It's bad enough people want to control the opinions here on TAFT, but since you guys can't stop the opinions on networks, you will just have to get over it. What are you guys going to do, ask the TAFT mods to ban the commentators on ESPN?

Not everyone is a Falcon fan, nor does everyone see the Falcons in the same light as you do. It's not a big deal.

I'm not a respect guy but I get it.

For those talking about complainers and whiners, aren't you doing the same thing when you complain in every respect thread about them?

For those talking about changing opinions, aren't you doing the same thing when you tell them to get over it?

I like ESPN and the NFL network. I seen both networks praise the Falcons, especially Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, plenty of times. When the Falcons were winning, they got praised, and when they were losing they didn't. They praise usually didn't occur yet till the following season. They tend to be skeptical of teams who just start to win given their recent past, lets say if a team does well at that current season, but did crappy the 2 years prior. There is a bit of a reluctance since most of their criteria is based on how well teams do in the playoffs, and I don't blame them. This seems to be the standard for coaches and players too. This is why it is preached that players stay humble and keep working even if they are winning in the regular season, since it is the post season that counts more.

This seems to me to be confirmation bias and having a victim mentality that some Falcons fans on this board have. Every team gets bashed at some point. It doesn't make sense to think that they do it to the Falcons only, or more. The shows mostly are about the opinions of broadcasters and what they think will happen, or their personal evaluations. If they don't like what they see, or do, they share their opinion.

It's bad enough people want to control the opinions here on TAFT, but since you guys can't stop the opinions on networks, you will just have to get over it. What are you guys going to do, ask the TAFT mods to ban the commentators on ESPN?

Not everyone is a Falcon fan, nor does everyone see the Falcons in the same light as you do. It's not a big deal.

Clearly you didn't see the piece that pissed so many of us off. It had nothing to do with a lack of respect. What they did was downright dirty. Had nothing to do with me wanting respect. But to completely trash our team and fan base like that. Again, watch the piece and then make this post.