Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

**** Espn! Suck It

198 posts in this topic

I doubt it in Alabama, Auburn and Alabama would have outdrawn any pro-team placed in the state. However, if you stick 2 teams in NJ where the local teams consist of Rutgers and smaller schools, the pro teams are going to dominate. Or suburban Boston where outside of the pro teams there's not much to support. Or Denver where you have Colorado State/Air Force and Colorado.. the Broncos are going to dominate.

Drop any pro team in the South East, including Florida and you've got UGA/FSU/UF etc all competing for time and money and those programs have a longer more rich winning tradition. That fandom gets passed down from different generations in families that didn't even attend the schools and you have a problem as the pro team competing with that entertainment budget.

It's also a question of when the team got there: with all the hoopla about the 50th anniversary here, people forget that the Giants are celebrating their 95th. And even though the Cardinals moved twice, there has been pro football in Chicago since 1898!

aerosmith67 likes this

That map is very misleading. I understand it's point, but it implies that the Vikings and Seahawks are in the top 5 in the US.

Here's what I do know...

- The Georgia Dome was cheering loudly when the Eagles where scoring in week 1.

- If the Falcons are playing the Packers, Steelers, or Cowboys, the dome will have a minimum of 25% opposing fans.

- I see A LOT of Giants and Jets games. That stadium never has cheers for the opposing team. The opposing fan crowd is maximum 10%

It's because there are a lot of Northern born Steelers/Packers/Giants fans LIVING in the south. You don't honestly thing all those Steelers fans are buying plane tickets from Pittsburgh to travel around the states and see the Steelers do you? They live there. Now, how many Southerners do you know that live in the North? It is a hugely disproportionate ratio.

shanae32, MisterC and Shelley#37 like this

Georgia is also the first state I've lived in that I've met die hard fans of NCAA teams that have ZERO connection to the school outside of the fact that they like watching those teams play. You don't find that in other states or with other schools outside of this corner of the country with the exception of California and Texas. It's a weird phenomenon.

50d909b3-969d-4e68-b9ea-b9792b8c7a43_400

aerosmith67 likes this

Not even worth getting upset about. ESPN is like Fox News, they know their market. It's all entertainment.

Been at the Dome for years showing support, and I'll be raising my son as a Falcons fan from the minute he's born. Love our fans and franchise. We'll get ours.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

ESPN is pissed off because we did show up in Jerry's house the other day. You could hear it - and you could see it. Atlanta repped. So, now, they have to do some damage control.

You're whole post was great, Tandy. But the part above really made me proud.

I was at my son's Baseball game Sunday, with a bluetooth in my ear listening to the Falcons. It was a pleasant surprise to hear cheering when it was a big play for the ATL.

Home games are typically like this for us when listening to the call over radio. I often wonder if it was a big play for us or the visitor because there is always cheering, and I need to wait for the announcers call to know whether it was good or bad. It was awesome to hear that during an away game, especially in a place like Jerry's House. Atlanta fans did rep, I'm proud.

Tandy likes this

It's true, I get a little depressed whenever I see DQ doing his press interviews. He's probably used to 20+ reporters during his time in Seattle. Now he has like 5 including DLed asking him why he didn't draft Gurley.

Start a ******* newspaper then

Just offered that guy who did the piece my second ticket to the Bucs game Nov. 1st to do a follow up piece... I'll let you know what he says...

Nice! I bet he doesn't bite.

Once again Atlanta fans find themselves being called terrible, yet we obviously have enough fans to keep our team in Atlanta, to have sellouts and to generate noise (albeit in big games) when the D is on the field. As a partime Georgia and Florida resident I can tell you that our fanbase is way more supportive than Tampa's or Jacksonville's. It's also not like the Carolina fans show up when their team is not playing well, and the Saints fans can lie all they want to but before their SB run, those fans were limited in their game time abundance as well.

It does not matter. ESPN has been dogshyt for years on end now. The only time I watch ESPN is to see MNF and that is it. I know what kind of Falcon Fan I am, and I know that ESPN will never have change my beliefs or entertain me for that matter.

MisterC likes this

Why even watch ESPN or read their articles? This can be avoided lol

It shouldn't exist to be avoided. They went out of their way to try to embarrass this organization and fan base. Completely ridiculous.

Why even watch ESPN or read their articles? This can be avoided lol

How? Nfl network or Internet surfing isn't available to everyone. Espn is on basic tv, where else can you get access to an abundance of nfl info besides espn? Lol

WTF is with this piece on ESPN mocking Atlanta Falcon fans? Seriously? You're going to air a piece saying that the Falcons don't have fans?

"Why you building a new stadium when you can't even fill your old stadium?"

I swear! I'm at a lost for words.

What part of it is untrue though? I'm a fan living in VA but my biggest gripe about this franchise is the terrible fanbase who constantly lets other team's fans invade like the bears last year.

obidan likes this

How? Nfl network or Internet surfing isn't available to everyone. Espn is on basic tv, where else can you get access to an abundance of Cowboys, Steelers and Patriots info besides espn? Lol

Fixed

What part of it is untrue though? I'm a fan living in VA but my biggest gripe about this franchise is the terrible fanbase who constantly lets other team's fans invade like the bears last year.

That is every teams gripe each year they are playing poorly...

Redskins / Raiders / Bucs / etc

There are very few fan bases that stick with the team during poor years... It's just a fact of sports...

Once again Atlanta fans find themselves being called terrible, yet we obviously have enough fans to keep our team in Atlanta, to have sellouts and to generate noise (albeit in big games) when the D is on the field. As a partime Georgia and Florida resident I can tell you that our fanbase is way more supportive than Tampa's or Jacksonville's. It's also not like the Carolina fans show up when their team is not playing well, and the Saints fans can lie all they want to but before their SB run, those fans were limited in their game time abundance as well.

It does not matter. ESPN has been dogshyt for years on end now. The only time I watch ESPN is to see MNF and that is it. I know what kind of Falcon Fan I am, and I know that ESPN will never have change my beliefs or entertain me for that matter.

Curiosity got me and I had to watch the video. I am amazed that ESPN would go to this effort. The video shows this reporter landing in the ATL where he then goes about talking to mostly residents that are not from Georgia and are fans of other teams. He then goes to the Varsity and finds a few fans in the employees. He then states that "If you can't fill this dome, then how are you going to fill this one?" while pointing at the new stadium? Last time I checked, we don't have an attendance issue. We may have an issue with fans arriving late or fans mulling around in the corridors throughout the game, and neither is good, but they are at least there. I myself don't get this kind of fan, but to each their own.

This annoys me too. It annoys me in the way that if I heard a complete stranger talking ish about a good friend of mine. In general, I may not care what that person's opinion is, but it bugs me that they are spreading slander about someone I care about.

I have no problem if the media doesn't want to talk about us and ignore us when we are doing well, but don't talk ish about my team right in front of me for no good reason and then expect me not to get riled up.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Ssshhh, people will think you're whining about PSLs, regardless of how true this is ph34r.png

Hey, I'm hoping that folks do want to sell their seats, maybe not to the first game but I'd rather buy 4 tickets twice a year over putting down thousands on a bad "investment". wink.png

obidan and Mega Flare like this

This annoys me too. It annoys me in the way that if I heard a complete stranger talking ish about a good friend of mine. In general, I may not care what that person's opinion is, but it bugs me that they are spreading slander about someone I care about.

I have no problem if the media doesn't want to talk about us and ignore us when we are doing well, but don't talk ish about my team right in front of me for no good reason and then expect me not to get riled up.

soooooooo what you're saying is that it's cool to bash but it's unacceptable to get bashed. Media or average Joe, we're all the same

It's also a question of when the team got there: with all the hoopla about the 50th anniversary here, people forget that the Giants are celebrating their 95th. And even though the Cardinals moved twice, there has been pro football in Chicago since 1898!

This is true, but having lived in the NE and the SE I'll still say Pro sports are a lot more important in other parts of the country than they are in GA.

obidan and Shelley#37 like this