Pff Grades?

Romfal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, for QB's they grade the throw difficulty or whatever, and the 3 TD's to Cobb were mostly Cobb doing all the work, or something like that. So Rodgers was given a 0 for those passes(aka nothing special)

I gave PFF the benefit of a doubt with these grades, but giving a QB a negative grade because the receivers did all the work is a joke. Those receivers wouldn't have a chance to do all the work if the QB doesn't get them the ball.

Worrilow and Durant will most likely have the lowest grades on D. They both missed the most tackles and there coverage was poor in the first half. Thankfully they cleaned it up after the half.

Worrilow, yes. He was the worst LB in the NFL by far last week (-8.1), next lowest was one of the Cowboys at -3.9. I don't know Durant's grade, but DLed's report said that it was positive. Beasley was the 2nd worst defender, again according to DLed.

I gave PFF the benefit of a doubt with these grades, but giving a QB a negative grade because the receivers did all the work is a joke. Those receivers wouldn't have a chance to do all the work if the QB doesn't get them the ball.

the thing about their grading system is a 0 is "doing your job" and anything + is doing more than expected and I feel like thats what gets people riled up all the time. I don't know how Rodgers ended up with a negative tho on a pretty perfect game lol.

the thing about their grading system is a 0 is "doing your job" and anything + is doing more than expected and I feel like thats what gets people riled up all the time. I don't know how Rodgers ended up with a negative tho on a pretty perfect game lol.

exactly, if they say a 0 is doing your job and throwing 24/35 333 yards 5 TD'S and no ints is doing your job extremely well. How do you get a negative grade.

I'm not defending or attacking PFF, and it is surprising that overall his grade was negative on a 333 yd, 5 TD night. That said, he wasn't graded negatively because the receivers did all the work, he just wasn't graded particularly positively on those plays. Add in some apparently very bad throws and you get an overall negative score.

Looking at an extreme example, let's say it's the first play of the game after a touchback to open. So, 0-0 score with 15:00 remaining in the 1st quarter, 1st and 10 from the 20. QB A takes a snap and immediately dumps it off to a RB who takes it 80 yeards to the house. QB B takes a five step drop and drops a strike 30 yards down the field while getting flattened by a defensive lineman. I would argue that it doesn't really matter whether or not QB B's receiver scores, his was still the more impressive play.

What's odd is that in a 333 yd, 5 TD night, you would expect a few of those QB B type of plays, bringing up the rating. At least according to PFF, that was not the case. I didn't watch enough of the game to form my own opinion, but I did see a lot of quick throws near the line of scrimmage with guys breaking tackles and getting a lot of YAC.

exactly, if they say a 0 is doing your job and throwing 24/35 333 yards 5 TD'S and no ints is doing your job extremely well. How do you get a negative grade.

They're not looking at the stat line, they're looking at each of those 35 pass attempts and determining whether or not he did anything special to warrant a positive grade on that thrown. I agree that this grade is surprising because, with a line like that, you would expect a few really great throws and not too many bad ones. Still, is it that strange of an idea that a QB's stat line can look a lot better than it really was due to the play of his WR's or defenders dropping INTs? It's taken as a given that a good o-line can make an RB look a lot better than he is, or that a great QB can make a WR look better (like Rodgers does in most games). In this game, according to PFF, the other players on the field made Rodgers look better than he performed.

The problem with giving Rodgers a 0 for "doing your job" on those quick TD passes is that Rodgers is doing more than just his job. Rodgers is very quick twitch, he is getting those passes into the hands of the WR faster than any other QB in the league does.

It is literally that one tenth of a second that often means the difference between barely crossing the goalline for a TD, or getting tackled for no gain before crossing the goalline

Yea they felt that Aaron Rodgers didn't make many difficult throws, fumbled the ball after holding it for way too long, and should have thrown an interception. It's outcome independent remember that.

ANYWAY *runs for shelter*

Ape9OXj.jpg

LfKakpE.jpg

Worth remembering that the defense got their ***** kicked for 28 points in the first half, so many of them might have been past the point of return by then ph34r.png

Edited by HEIST

The problem with giving Rodgers a 0 for "doing your job" on those quick TD passes is that Rodgers is doing more than just his job. Rodgers is very quick twitch, he is getting those passes into the hands of the WR faster than any other QB in the league does.

It is literally that one tenth of a second that often means the difference between barely crossing the goalline for a TD, or getting tackled for no gain before crossing the goalline

I agree, and I would hope that got factored into his grade. I still say that even if his dumpoffs are the greatest in the league, they are still not as impressive as a great throw down-field. I saw at one point during the game that something like 27 of 43 pass attempts for Rodgers in weeks 1-2 travelled less than 5 yards. Maybe this is just the GB offense minus Jordy Nelson. Take advantage of that quick twitch you mentioned and Randall Cobb's amazing ability after the catch. Can't say I blame them, and it's certainly working so far.