The Poor Play From The Falcons This Year Has Been My Fault.

shc

So some back story, when my first son was born, it was August of 1998. I would watch games while holding him, as any time I would put him down he would cry. And I let his mother take him with her to grandma's house during the super bowl because I knew I would be loud. We all know how that game turned out.

My 2nd son was just born in June of this year, and I have held him when watching this year's games as well. One thing I have noticed, if I set him down, or he falls asleep, the falcons start playing poorly, or start losing. He slept today until the beginning of the 3rd quarter today.

So from now on, I will do like I have done when we have our comebacks, and I will be standing up, holding him in front of the tv so he can watch.

Cool.

I was just reminded from my mother-in-law who is from Maryland that the last time we started the season undefeated and we faced her Redskins we were 4-0 heading into that game (2012 NFCCG season). Although the game was played in DC I remember my wife family coming down to our house Columbus Day weekend to watch the game. They were claiming the Redskins was going to be the first team to knock off the Falcons with RG3. lol...we won of course and eventually went on to sweep the rest of the NFC East teams.

We have a chance to be undefeated again (4-0) when we play them again Columbus Day weekend and they want my wife to convince me to come to Maryland for the Redskins-Falcons tailgate party her Uncle is having. I know we are better than the Reskins but I don't want to jinx us.

Edited by Heavy Hitter

I noticed that when I'm on my phone during the game, the team is distracted. After the Cowboys made their last score in the first half, I said to myself, "Ok, stay off TATF until after the game. No good will come of this place. We are down but not out. Just watch the game and maybe our 3rd quarter problems won't manifest."

It worked so well, I waited until Ryan kneels in the 4th. And it wasn't the first kneel. It was the last one they couldn't stop the clock. From here on out, I will not be on the boards for the entire game. This week will be our first complete game.

I fully blame my wife. our first child( a son) was just born in July this year and I've dressed him in a red and black onsie for the first two games of the season. Well, we moved into a new house this past saturday and don't have cable yet, so i went to a friends house to watch the game. Apparently, she forgot this ritual and didn't get him dressed in the proper attire until just before the half when we drove down for that field goal.

I blame the heart attack and rising blood pressure in the first half on her!