Matt Cassel Traded To Cowboys

cnst

I always love when one of these long-time journeymen backups comes to the top of the headlines. My response is usually something like "Wow... that guy is still in the league? Forgot all about him".

yet over the years these "journeymen backups" have made a habit of beating the Falcons--in their "comeback" game ---- as have a few rookies in their first start

yet over the years these "journeymen backups" have made a habit of beating the Falcons--in their "comeback" game ---- as have a few rookies in their first start

I'm betting that you'll see that happen a lot less with Quinn. If the Cowboys win next sunday it'll be because their D and run game took over.

As far as the Falcons-Cowboys game is concerned, the Cowboys' acquisition of Cassel is a non-event. If the Falcons' D sees Cassel behind center during the game it'll only be because the wheels have completely come off the Cowboys' offense. The way Jerry Jones has talked up Weeden, I don't think JJ would allow Coach Garret to put Cassel out there in any case.

I think you will see a lot of this:

1st down: run

2nd down: run

3rd down: run if 3 yards or less for 1st down.

If Cowboys get 70 plays total, I could see them running 50 times. Falcons need to load the box - even though Falcons have played extremely well against the run and the Cowboys have not run it great - that will be the match-up this Sunday.